Gutter ***s

Numb the Pain

"C'mon we know how to numb the pain." That's what Tre told me a few hours ago.

Now I find myself lying on my back next to Tre on the floor of their basement apartment. Tre passes me a joint and I take a puff. I let out a giggle.
"Lisea has the giggles!" Tre chants as Mike rolls himself off the couch between us and grabs the doobie from me before crawling to the wall where his girlfriend Anastasia is sitting. She arrived a couple of hours ago.

The roll of toilette is unrolled around the room. I never realized how long one of those rolls were until the bunch of us decided to TP the living room, knocking over the coffee table in the process.

Tre rolls onto his side and looks at me, he has such pretty blue eyes.
"Are you going to kiss me?" I ask giggling. He tilts his head before lowering his head so his lips meet mine. He raises his head again and stares at me again.
"You're really pretty."
"So are you." I sigh as I feel my eyes grow heavy.

I open my eyes again; only a few seconds must have passed at the most because Tre's face is still close to mine. He rolls on his back and starts humming. I turn my head to see Billie lying on the couch. He shoves his hand down his pants. Oh my god he was jerking off, right here in front of everyone.

I close my eyes for a few minutes, I'm so fucking tired. I open them one last time and see Mike and Anastasia asleep in the corner of the room, spooning each other.

I wake up again. This must've been hours later because light was trickling through the high window. I rub my eyes and sit up, letting out a slight moan as I did so.
"Hey, you're awake," a sleepy voice says from next to me. I look over to see Tre lying with his hands behind his head smiling smugly.
"Yup," I yawn as I stand up slowly.
"You hungry?" I nod.
"I could eat a friggin' horse."

He jumps up and runs into a separate room. I follow behind slowly to find him with his head buried in a small refrigerator.
"Haha!" he exclaims as he pulls a white box out of the fridge. "Cake!" He opens the box to reveal half a birthday cake.
"Who's birthday?"
"I dunno," he shrugs as he whips open a drawer and pulls out two forks. He grabs the box and heads out of the room. "Bring the fruitloops!"

I glance around the room and see the red cereal box sitting on the counter. I grab it before heading into the living room where Tre put the coffee table back upright. I sit with him and he dumps the box of fruitloops on the cake.

We devour the cake without saying a word.
"Hey what's going on?" Billie yawns. Tre and I continue eating. "Is that cake?"
"Yup," I say as I shovel another forkful into my mouth.

Once the cake is gone, Tre licks his fork clean before chucking it at Mike.
"Hey!" the bassist says rubbing his forehead. Anastasia wakes up and looks around before resting her head back on Mike's shoulder.
"Mike, fondle my balls," Tre says smirking.
"Ask Lisea to fondle them," he mutters as he wraps his arms back around Anastasia. Tre turns to me with big eyes.
"Umm."
"Don't worry, he'll repay you," Mike says clearly.
"Ohhh-kay." I say slowly.
"Great!"
"Here?" I ask curiously as Billie gets up and heads into the kitchen.
"Well we can go to my room," he stands up and holds his hand out for me. He helps me up and leads me into a bedroom.

In the room there were two beds and that's it, nothing else. He undoes his pants and lies on the bed.

We make out for a while before heading back into the living room.
"Oh shit!" I say smacking my forehead. "I just remembered I was supposed to work today."
"Oh well," Tre laughs as he sits on the sofa next to Billie.
"Where's your phone?"
"Kitchen, bottom drawer," Tre says absent mindedly.

I walk into the kitchen and see the row of drawers. I realize I can't reach the drawer because of my splint so I go down on my knees to open the drawer.
"That's how I like my girls, on their knees."
"Fuck you," I say bitterly as I stand up.
"Just kidding," he says defensively as he goes to sit on the counter. I plug the phone into the jack and dial my work number.

"Casa DuPont, Gina speaking, how may I help you?" Gina was the manager of the restaurant I worked at.
"Hey Gina, its Lisea."
"Lisea where the hell are you?!" she practically yells. "I've been covering your ass here!"
"I got in an accident last night. I was in the hospital."
"Oh okay," she says in fake sympathy. "Are you coming in for the evening shift then." Gina was unbelievable sometimes.
"I was in an accident!"
"Yeah well we're really short on staff tonight and-"
"Fine, I'll be there at five," I slam the phone down aggravated.

"So," Tre says simply. "Where do you work?"
"Casa DuPont."
"I know where that is!" he says happily. "Mind you I've never eaten there."
"Well I should be heading home," I say casually.
"OH!" Tre yelps. "I'll drive you."

We head out of the apartment, through the boarded up door and into the white van.
"What happened to the door?" I ask pointing at the plywood where there was once window panes.
"Some jack asses smashed it. Mike was the one who boarded up the door because the landlord doesn't give a shit unless the rent is due," Tre rambles.
"Another question," I laugh, "why do you keep the phone in the bottom drawer?" Tre laughs hard.
"Okay, well when Green Day toured last Billie met this girl named Adie, thing is she lives in Minnesota so the phone bill adds up and well its Mike's out of sight out of mind philosophy." I nod understandingly.
"Cool," I laugh as we continue down the street.

"So where exactly do you live?" Tre asks as we drive down the main street.
"Kennedy Street, you know where it is?"
"The one where the street sign is spray painted Dead Kennedys?"
"Yup," I say laughing. A while back someone spray painted the word 'dead' and added an 's' to the end of the street sign.
"You know who wrote the dead thing?"
"Nope."
"It was me!" he squeals happily.
"Are you serious?" he nods profoundly.
"That's awesome!"

We pull onto Kennedy street and he slows down the van.
"Hey Lisea, I was wondering, cause I like you and-" I stare at him blankly. "Can I see you again?"
"Yeah of course," I say laughing. "I'll give you my number. Uhh, do you have a pen?" He looks around the car before shaking his head. I pull out my keys and carve my phone number into the dash board before heading into my apartment.

I head up the stairs up to the second floor before unlocking the door to find my roommate Patricia making out with some guy on the couch. Neither of them notice as I continue on my way into the bathroom.

I get undressed and undo my splint before taking a hot shower. After my shower I wrap a towel tightly around me before grabbing my stuff and heading to my room.

I shared a bedroom with my other roommate Maddy.
"Are they still going at it?" she asks, referring to Patricia and her mystery man, not looking up from her book.
"Yep," I say opening my drawer to reveal my clothing. I start to get dressed.
"So where were you?"
"Went to Gilman's last night, broke a rib and then these guys brought me back to their apartment," I list as put my splint back on.
"What?!" I laugh. "What guys?"
"The guys who took me to the hospital," I say she stares at me blankly. "I broke my rib in the mosh pit."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'll be fine," I murmur as I pull on my shirt.