Gutter ***s

Going Away

"I'm gonna miss you like crazy." I murmur to Tre.
"Well, you only get to miss me, I get to miss you and baby." he says playfully.
"And both our mother's now weekly calls."
"I am so sorry." Tre says with a grin, "You can tell my mom that you were just on your way out then you won't have to talk to her."
"Is that what you do?"
"All the time."
"Yeah, what if its like nine at night, she'll be like, you shouldn't be going out late in your condition." I say making a lame imitation of his mom's voice.
"Uhh, say you're going to Ana's."
"Aren't you clever." he pecks my lips playfully, "What happens when I start having pregnancy horn?"
"Oh god." Tre pouts, "I'm gonna miss that?"
"What about me? I'm gonna suffer through it!" I exclaim. He laughs and kisses me again.

"There you guys are." Mike says walking into the kitchen, "Leaving now."
"Right." Tre sighs as he hops off the edge of the counter, I hop off too and wrap my arms tightly around his neck and try not to cry, "I love you."
"I love you too." I sniff, "But have a blast playing Lollapalooza."
"Thanks." he says kissing me repeatedly, "I love you."
"Love you too." I say giggling. He pulls away from me then kisses my stomach, he stands up straight again and kisses me once more.
"Okay, bye." I say wiping my eyes.
"Don't cry." he sighs kissing my lips again, "Don't cry or I won't leave."
"I'm not crying." I protest, "Its just hormones." I wipe my eyes again and smile, "Go, have fun." I shove his shoulder.
"Okay." he says putting his hand on the back of my neck and kissing me once more.

We head out of the apartment and up the stairs to the outside where Billie is closing the back doors to the van before going to sit up front where Mike already has a firm grip on the steering wheel.
"Bye." Tre says as he heads to the van.
"Bye." I reply simply, and then they're gone.

"Its gonna be long." Adie sighs as we go back inside.
"Tell me about it, at least I have my job to keep me occupied." I laugh, "I'll just become a perfectionist."
"I still have to find a temp job. I only start my real one in the middle August." Adie says as we sit on the sofa next to Jackson.
"Go down to Mc Donalds, they'll hire anyone." Jackson teases, Adie slaps him playfully.
"I'm over-qualified." she says sticking out her tongue.

"So, umm, how's being pregnant treating you?" Adie asks me eagerly.
"Umm, I throw up a lot, kinda like a supermodel." I say jokingly, "I don't know."
"Oh." she says still smiling, "I mean, are you excited?"
"Yeah, but not for the actual birthing, apparently its painful," I laugh, "But yeah, its sort of exciting." she keeps grinning at me, "What? Why are you doing that?"
"I'm pregnant too." she says happily.
"Holy shit! Does Billie know?" I exclaim.
"Yeah, of course he does." she laughs as Jackson looks both of us over, "I mean, literally the day after the wedding I turned to him and I'm like I'm late, and he's like, pregnant late? And then I said, yeah so then we went to pick up a pregnancy test and tadaa."
"Congratulations." Jackson says hugging her.
"But I wanted to ask you for your umm down there doctor, because yeah, I haven't been here long and-" she rambles.
"Its not problem, I've got the number at home."
"Thanks." she says glowing with enthusiasm.

I can't help but feel slightly envious of Adie. She and Billie are in the same situation as Tre and I are yet they're all happy about it and Tre sort of ran off when he found out.

"This is really cool actually," Adie says happily, "I mean, I don't want to sound cheesy or anything but I'm glad I know someone going through the same thing as me."
"Yeah, we can join a lamaze class together and everything." I joke.
"That kinda creeps me out a bit." she smiles, "It sucks Billie will be away for most of the pregnancy."
"Ahh well, they'll be back for a bit after the summer." I say trying not to think about missing Tre.
"Yeah, but they're already working on getting another tour for the fall."
"Right," I murmur, "But Tre already told Bill and Mike that he can't tour in January when I'm due."
"I should be due around March." Adie says thinking for a second.

"You know what would be cute?" Jackson says, "If your two kids grew up and fell in love." Adie and I just burst out laughing.
"Now what would be the chances of the happening." Adie says shaking her head.
"Tre already decided that our kid would call Bill and Mike, Uncle Billie and Uncle Mikey." I add in, "So that would mean they'd be more like cousins."
"Seriously, no one marries their childhood friend." Adie says, "And if they do its because they're living in a hick-ass town."
"Well you never know." Jackson pouts, "It would make for a great TV movie though."