Gutter ***s

Little Weasel

"And are you getting a lot of fruits and vegtables?" My mother asks.
"Mom, are we going to have the same conversation everytime you call?" I groan.
"Well, how's your morning sickness?"
"Its getting better." I mumble, "How's Andrew?"
"He's good, he has a new girlfriend." my mother says casually, "Her name is Nicky."
"That's great, umm but in case you haven't noticed I'm at work." I mumble, "So I actually have to work."
"Right, okay, bye." she says finally hanging up.

I go back to eating my lunch, yeah I know its wrong to lie to my mother but honestly I don't feel like talking to her.
"Lisea." one of my co-workers says passing by my desk.
"Yes?" I ask putting down my sandwich.
"The photos for the Indie boards have been pushed up to the end of today instead of tomorrow afternoon."
"Oh well, I just finished them anyway." I say opening a drawer and pulling out an envelope, I glance inside to make sure its the right one before handing it to him.
"You're the best." he chuckles as he walks off.

Just as I'm about to take a bite out of my sandwich my phone rings again. I stare at it for a second, then stare and my sandwich, then back at the phone.
"Ohh." I groan as I pick it up, "Lyons."
"Hey sexy."
"Hey Tre." I say excitedly.
"Are ya free?"
"Yep, lunch hour," I say grinning from ear to ear.
"So you're on vacation next week right?"
"Mmmm next week is the last week of August, yep." I say checking my calender.
"Awesome." He says happily, "Because we have like four days of shows in New York next week."
"Okay."
"So like, come to New York."
"You do realize its a four day drive." I clarify.
"No, take an airplane. Wait preggers can fly right?"
"Yeah, but can we even afford it?"
"Yup, just charge it on credit card and I'll take care of it at the end of this tour."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, its no problem." he pauses, "So how's baby?"
"Baby is fifteen weeks along."
"Oh, so umm what else?"
"You wanna know if the horn kicked in." I whisper while trying not to laugh.
"Well yeah, guilty." he laughs out.
"Yeah you little weasle."
"Don't make fun of my little weasle." he says pervertedly, "That little weasle put you through many screaming orgasms." I take a bite of my sandwich and try not to choke laughing.

"Lyons," the same co-worker from earlier calls out to me.
"Hold on Tre." I say covering the mouthpiece of the reciever, "Yeah?"
"Were you assigned the photography project for Vans?"
"Yeah." I say trying to motion that I'm on the phone.
"Well you've been reassigned, you have to go to Cringefest on Thursday and take pictures of extreme biking. Keaser and Brent are also going to take care of skateboarding and roller blading."
"Okay." I say nodding.
"Great." he says as he walks off again.

"Alright." I murmur back to Tre.
"I miss you so fucking much."
"I miss you too." I sigh, "Maybe I could ask my boss if I can photograph the indie scene."
"Oh yes! Please do!" Tre exclaims, "We'd take you on tour with us!"
"Yeah, just take pictures of your band," I giggle, "and who else are you touring with? Pansy Division?"
"Yeah." Tre says laughing, "Not to mention the bands we meet along the way, you'd have your schedule full."