Gutter ***s

Wanna Be Mine?

It's been three days and Tre still hasn't called me. Stupid moron took my pain killers the doctor gave me too because I can't find them anywhere. He probably had a girlfriend, too, and was just using me.

One of the waitresses walks up to me and nods.
"Caven, party of four," I call out calmly. They were the only people waiting for a table, but its protocol. I lead the four people to their table. I head back to my post as hostess and start doodling on the edge of the reservation book.

"Hey!" I look up to see Tre standing there grinning stupidly in his Operation Ivy t-shirt and green plaid shorts. He had some nerve coming here; he couldn't even afford the water here.
"Get bent." He looks appalled, furrowing his eyebrows still confused.
"Umm, did I do something wrong?"
"You don't call and you take my fucking pain killers!" I hiss. Tre scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.
"I'm sorry," he says childishly. "It's just I needed a fix."
"Uhuh," I sigh, "Good for you."
"And I didn't call because I was so spaced out from your pain killers." I roll my eyes again. "Please believe me! I like you."
"Shut up!" I hiss, knowing my job is on the line. "How do I know you're not just back for another fix?"
"I promise, I've got my own stuff."

I stare at his big eyes for a few seconds.
"Do you have a girlfriend Tre?"
"I was hoping it could be you," he says meekly. "Why do you ask that?"
"Nothing, I just thought you used me for pleasure and pain killers."
"Well no," he says quietly. "I like you, I think you're cute." I can't hide my smile.
"Listen, I have to work," I say, glancing back to make sure Gina wasn't anywhere near. "But I'm off in half an hour." Tre smiles and skips out of the restaurant.

Half an hour seems to tick by so slowly then Tre bustles through the door excitedly pushing past the people waiting for tables.
"Hey!" he says happily.
"Meet me round back," I say between gritted teeth. I jerk my head to the left.
He nods and heads out the door. A couple of women let out sounds of disgust.

I leave my post as hostess and head into the staff room. Gina is sitting at the table, flipping through some papers.
"Leaving," I say grabbing my bag from the locker, cubby thing on the wall.
"What? No!" she calls after me as I head into the woman's washroom. She follows. "Lina isn't here yet."
"Too bad, I gotta leave," I say as I lock myself in the stall and start changing into casual clothes, which for me are black jeans, red tank top, black sweater and of course my red chucks. "You man the hostess stand."
"Lisea you can't!" she exclaims. I unlock the stall door and step out. I look Gina straight in the eye.
"Unless you want me to hostess in these clothes, I'm leaving." She just stares at me as I leave the washroom then the building all together.

I find Tre leaning patiently against a dumpster, looking kinda hot. I go up to him and kiss him, he seems pleased.
"So you're my girlfriend."
"Sure, I'll give you a whirl," I laugh as he wraps a loose arm around me.
"So do you wanna head down to Gilman's or back to my place."
"Hey Tre, you got any acid?"
"Yeah I got acid, pot, and a pretty blue bong I named Henry." I laugh into my hand as we head to Tre's place.