Gutter ***s

Bullet Babies!

So we're December now and to add to the hassle of both my mother and Tre's mother calling to make sure I'm not killing Tre and I's unborn child we now have them asking about our wedding. Our wedding to take place in March, apparently.

Last night I got a call from my mother saying she wanted me to check out this hall downtown, so me, Ana and Adie are supposed to go check it out now.
"Ergh, where is this goddamn place." Adie says frustrated as we drive down one of those horribly narrow streets.
"Yeah, seriously." I says staring at the address in my hand.
"Turn here." Ana says pointing at the next intersection, "See, there it is."
"Yeah! Kudos to Anastasia." I say high-fiving her.

We park the car and head on inside where there some woman waiting for us.
"Ms. Lyons?" she asks.
"That's me." I say and she nods and leads up a flight of stairs to the banquet hall.

"SURPRISE!" a crowd of women yell in unison. There's a banner up on the wall that reads Adie and Lisea - Baby Shower.
"Holy shit." Adie and I say at the same time as we see a whole bunch of our friends and families clapping with huge grins on their faces.

I see my mother walking up to me, she seems to have the biggest grin of everyone.
"You tricked me." I say pretending to be insulted.
"Oh honey, Ana and I have been planning this all month."
"You whore." I say turning to Ana.
"Lisea!" my mother scolds, Ana just laughs.
"Come along, you have to say hi to everyone." my mother says taking me and Adie by our hands and leading us along.

After saying hi to everyone we finally get off our feet and get to sit down.
"I'm not getting up for the rest of the day." I announce to Adie, "My feet are so friggin swollen."
"Mine too." she groans. The great thing about us both being pregnant is that we can complain about the same things that none of our other friends quite understand.

"Come on you guys." one of Adie's friends says, "Buffet is up and reading for eating."
"Sorry Chase, we're not getting up." Adie says shaking her head.
"Whaddya want? I'll get you something."
"Something with a buttload of carbs." Adie says.
"And you?" she asks me.
"Buttload of carbs for me too." I laugh.

We eat, getting people to wait on us hand and foot. Then the large pile of gifts gets moved to our table. Blue wrapped gifts are for Adie because she's having a boy, pink ones are for me, girl on the way. We spend two hours opening gifts and having everyone ohh and ahh at every single thing.

Towards the end of the day, men start showing up. Starting off with the Green Day trio.
"Did you know about this?" I demand of Tre and Billie.
"What? Huh? No idea." Tre says in fake innocence.
"Absolutely no idea." Billie says taking a bit of mystery food off Adie's plate and popping into his mouth.

"If they said surprise any louder this baby would've just shot out of me like a bullet." I say as Tre snatches the chair next to mine.
"Now that would be something to see." he laughs.
"New birthing method, scare the baby out of you." Ana laughs, "That would have mixed views."
"Mmm yeah, bullet babies." Mike laughs, "Dudes! That should be the name of our next LP."
"Nawwww. That's just creepy." Billie laughs.