Porcelain Heart

twenty-three

I wanted to be mad at him….i wanted to scream, but there were bigger problems to deal with. I sighed heavily as I pushed away from Paul and turned my head to the door as I heard Felix and Demitri coming down the hallway.

“I have to go” I whispered as I blinked out of the room and back into my own bedroom.

“Sneaking off to see the mutt” Alec said with a smirk as he sat on my bed. I looked at him in shock but he only laughed and shook his head. “do not worry, your secret is safe with me” he laughed as he held out his arm. I managed to force a smile on my face as I linked my arm around his and blinked us to the throne room where Paul was pinned down on his knees infront of Aro, Marcus, and Ciaus.

“Ahh, you finally decided to join us” Aro smiled as Paul glared at Alec with jealously even in the sate he was in.

“Forgive me” I said bowing slightly.

“We have gone through great discussion and decided to let you live with your little friends in peace, but you will still be under our command. This is the first of this ever so I suggest you do not take this lightly at all. But you can only leave after we deal with the threat that opposes us” Aro informed with me as I could tell some of the vampires in the room were very against the decision. I felt slightly relieved knowing I was partially free, but then I really heard Aro’s voice.

“What about Paul?” I questioned stepping forward.

“I am sorry, but the are an abomination and we must keep our kind safe” Aro said emotionlessly.

“He knows too much Joanna” Marcus added.

“Felix” Aro ordered and with that I lost my cool.

“No” I said with venom as I grabbed Felix and tossed him. I could feel Paul shaking from behind me but I threatened him not to phase even though I knew he was itching with all of my kind around him. Felix grabbed me by the neck and threw me into a wall but I bounced back and went back to attack but everything froze as Paul phased and roared loudly. All the vampires in the room began to circle him and Renata jumped in front of the three and my mind was ready to blow.

“Caius please, I beg of you” I cried as I ran to his knees grabbing his hands and lowering my head onto his lap. I felt everyone stop and look at me as Caius brushed the top of my head. “He is not a child of the moon and he has helped us so many times to cover the knowing of our kind!! Victoria and her army that the Cullen’s faught, without them all of the Cullen’s would have died and those newborns could have exposed us. Please! I beg of you” I cried holding tight to his hand.

“Aro, the girl does have a point” Caius said gently. Aro looked at me for a while and I knew he didn’t like it all but deep down he knew that Caius was right and too keep order in this coven, he had to give in once in awhile.

“I want you to know that this is very rare for us to allow such abominations, and you should remember this because if this ever happens again-” Aro in a way threatened as he stood up but my excitement too over and I leaped up and kissed the side of his face. I settled everything with Aro and quickly dashed over to Paul grabbing him by the flanks and blinked him back infront of Sam’s house where everyone rushed out. He phased right infront of me and slid on some shorts Sam tossed him. I slapped his face in anger but then quickly pulled his face into a kiss before blinking back home Volturi place.

***

“You remember the plan?” Demitri asked as I packed my bags.

“yes, go back to my house and pretend I am back and to work with the coven” I responded as he took one of my bags and walked with me down the hall.

“Chelsea is already at your house waiting for you, we sent her there to help and watch over you, she is under cover as well and is supposed to be a long lost friend of yours” he explained as we finally stopped in the throne room where I said good-bye to everyone and was reminded about how deep in water I am and it would really suck if I screwed anything up.

With that, I blinked out of there but stopped off in Washington since it was so hard for me to blink half way across the world. None of the wolves were home when I got there, only Emily.

“Hey honey” Emily smiled as she ran over and gave me a big hug.

“Hello Emily, how are you?”

“Oh doing well, are you really back?”

“Sorry…not now…there’s something I have to do first, and until then I am forbidden to see you guys, but I decided to make a quick stop before going back home-oh shit, um please don’t tell them were I am. I don’t need Paul or anyone making any shitty decisions to come and try to save me” I said sarcastically. Emily laughed lightly as she pulled me into another hug as I heard the door open and was knocked off my ass from wolf hugs. I finally got over to Paul and grazed my lips against his as he growled from me teasing him.

“I’m still pissed at you” I whispered with a low snarl as I walked over to Sam. “I must be going now, I will hope to see you all soon” I smiled giving Emily a hug goodbye, ignoring Paul as he kept asking me loudly where I was going.

“took you long enough” Chelsea greeted as she sat on my sofa drinking blood from a wine glass.
“I see you found my stash” I smirked throwing my bags on the ground as some human came over and picked them up.

“Oh that’s your new human pet I got for you, I knew you would love it” she giggled standing up and walking out to the back porch. “I must say, this is place is charming” she complemented leaning her short thin frame on the side of the door. Chelsea gave me time to unpack and shower before we went out to meet Salas out at the edge of my tiny island where he only gave us a large sum of money and some directions to some place before disappearing. Chelsea told me to fallow him, but I disagreed with her and refused. If this was going to work, he was going to need to trust us and we couldn’t establish that when we were constantly stalking him everywhere he went.
The next morning I woke up and Chelsea was working out in my basement where I had several weights I used to work out with and an awesome tredmill which another client of mine made to run at supper human pace so I could run at top speed on it without breaking it. After getting ready we fallowed the strange instrusctions that led us to an old factory on the edge of Michigan. We walked through the door where Chelsea almost lost her cool as two little immortal children walked up to us grabbing our hands. Chelsea pulled away quickly and hissed at them causing them to jump in the arms of some woman who growled at us protectively.

“Forgive her, she had a bad past with an immortal child, it is nothing personal of course” I smiled grabbing Chelsea’s arm and squeezing it tightly.

“My name is Miranda, these are my daughters Alex and Cassey” she introduced.

“Lovely to meet you, we are here-”

“We know why you are here, you are a friend to us Joanna, Salas is down here. My name is John” he introduced as he led us down some stairs where Chelsea and I saw a sight that left us in shock and shivers down our spine. All this science stuff and machines with clones and humans inside made me want to jet out of there as quickly as I could but I had to fallow through….for my sake….for Paul’s….for everyone’s