Status: Active

Dirt

Green Cups

I grabbed a shopping cart and pushed it to Landon before adjusting my shorts, Aled smiled as I glanced up. His beard was now shaved away, making me miss it a little. The grocery store was chilly, I crossed my arms and began walking to catch up with Landon. “Okay, so we need cups,” he mumbled to himself as my new Vans squeaked across the floor.
“You should get the pretty green ones,” I squeaked making him jump a bit. Landon let out a chuckle as Aled caught up to us.
“I’m just gonna say go with the green cups,” he chuckled before hanging Landon a package of cups.
“Taylor, Aled, take this list and go find the chips and such, I’ll get the rest.”
Aled and I walked down the center of the grocery store, we made random conversation. “So, do you have a date to Landon’s party?” Aled asked smoothly. I looked over to him as I adjusted my bra strap and shirt to where only the top of my bra stuck out of the low cut shirt.
“Nope,” I sighed as I grabbed two bags of chips from the shelf to my right.
“You want to be my date?” Aled smirked as I turned and stopped.
I smiled, “I’d love to. But I want to know more about you Mr. Aled.”
“Okay, I’m twenty, in a band called Kids In Glass Houses, I sing, what about you?” he chuckled before reaching out for my hand, I willingly let him take it.
“I’m an aspiring photographer, I like to shoot shows, I have an owl collection, and I’m seventeen, plus, I have a nose ring.” I mentally slapped myself for adding in the lame nose ring part.
“No tongue ring right?” he asked oddly. I raised a brow. “Well, we wouldn’t want my piercing ‘down there’ to get caught in that pretty little mouth.”
“Oh my gosh, you have that pierced?” I half shrieked, “can I see it?”
“I was just kidding about that,” Aled chuckled before continuing to walk down the next aisle of the chilly grocery store, pulling me along behind him as I clutched the two bags of chips in my hand.
“Can you get it pierced, so I can see?” I questioned oddly while he grabbed a bag of plates from the grocery store shelf.
“Do you know how bad that shit would hurt?”
“I don’t have a penis so I wouldn’t know. But I would imagine very badly.”
We walked hand in hand as we met up with Landon at the checkout register. The middle aged man gave me suggestive looks as he rang up the things Landon was buying, I glared back and stated, “fuck you, I’m a minor.”
As we left the grocery store Landon and Aled laughed at my previous words. “I can’t believe you said that, like seriously,” Landon chuckled.
“It’s not like either of you said anything,” I muttered getting into the car’s backseat.
“I’m sorry,” Aled said as he climbed into the backseat with me.
“It’s alright,” I sighed before crossing my right leg over my left. I awaited the drive home, then pictured how in four days I’d be a graduate.

***
Graduation day. I was intensely nervous. I threw on my formal attire, yet paired it with Vans. I made sure my hair was voluminous, then I was ready. The nerves built as I waited in the car with my parents.
As I entered the gymnasium I found my seat and waited throughout the ceremony for our row. I happy took my diploma and stepped down.
I met up with everybody, my parents, Aled, Landon, Adam, and Seth. I received multiple hugs and kisses. I slowly walked to Aled who was a few feet away. I reached up for his now stubbly face, he romantically held my waist as we leant in to kiss each other. His lips brushed softly up against mine. I felt sparks shoot up my spine making my nervous system spin and bounce throughout my body. We slowly parted. Aled and I had gotten close over the past days. It wasn’t love, but I felt while he was here in the summer it could turn to such a thing.
“So, party tonight right?” Aled’s breath hit my lips as he spoke, smelling of mint.
“Yep, don’t laugh at my outfit though,” I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this isn't too long or great. There's much in store for the next chapter. Graduation Outfit Grocery Shopping Outfit