Sequel: Phantom
Status: Start Date: December 13, 2008. Finish Date: June 5, 2009

Spirit

The Others

Chapter 11: The Others
My eyes flashed open and I shot straight out of bed. A scream involuntarily came out of my mouth with I saw Sarah sitting right across from me.
“Shut up!” She hissed. “The police might hear you.”
“How’d you get in here? Did my parents see you?”
“Window,” she said, answering my first question. “And they left,” she continued, answering my second question.
“I don’t mean to be rude, but why are you here?”
“You need your answers so why not give them to you right now?”
“Okay,” I mumbled. “Shoot.”
“Not here,” she sighed impatiently. By the sound of her voice, it seemed like she didn’t want to be here talking to me.
“Then where? Because I’m not leaving my warm bed.” I looked at my clock “And it’s only eight o’clock.”
“Do you want your answers or not?” She grumbled.
Irrationally, I deliberated. I knew staying in bed rather than getting my answers was the most stupidest thing I could ever think about. “Fine,” I sighed and got out of bed. I dragged my feet to my drawer and pulled out my clothes and went to the bathroom.
As I looked at myself in the mirror, I realized how truly nervous and happy I was. Nervous because I would meet others like me and happy because I would get my answers. It made me want to scream.
As I walked to my room, another scream escaped my mouth. Right in my room where Sarah was standing was replaced by a white creature with a glowing aura around her. Her snowy white hair flowed down to her hips, her icy blue eyes were piercing, and she had ultra white skin. Somehow, she looked glorious. All of a sudden, I realized by what she was wearing and how she looked that she was Sarah.
“S-Sarah?”
“Duh!” She said rudely. Sarah was just like me. She started to walk toward me and although the force was there, I was still stepping back.
“What’re you doing?”
“I’m sorry. It’s all just a little frightening, that’s all,” I stuttered. She rolled her icy blue eyes.
She sighed and turned around so that her back was to me. “Hop on.”
“What?” I asked, confused.
“Get on my back! What do you think?”
“Really?” I asked nervously.
“Does it look like I’m joking around?” She asked and pointed to her face.
I decided to not say anything about that. I took a step toward her but then stopped.
“Any day now!” She grumbled.
I put my right arm around her neck then my left. She sighed and pulled my legs around her waist. Her skin was surprisingly human. Or at least it felt human. It wasn’t hot or cold but just normal human body temperature.
“Why am I on your back?” I asked.
“Just hang out,” she muttered.
The next thing I knew, the air was rushing through my hair, and there was a whooshing sound around me. I looked up and saw the blew sky. I turned my head to look down, but figured that would be a bad idea. It felt like I was sticking my head out of an airplane window while flying. This transporation was so frightening, I clung on tighter to Sarah and hid my face in her neck, repeating in my mind to not let go.
“You can let go of me now,” she sighed. I didn’t notice that we were no longer using Sarah’s type of transportation.
I tried to let go of her, but my arms felt like they were glued to her. She sighed and despite my strong grasp around her, she effortlessly loosened my arms. I found my feet and gladly touched the floor and not air. I opened my eyes and right in front of me was a large three story house. Actually, it didn’t even look like I house. It looked my like a Tuscany villa mansion. The doors to the home were large, wide, and white as well. The house looked so clean and… white. I looked around me and the houses were just as nice. Big and beautiful. Never in my life have I seen any house so gorgeous with the exceptions of movies and TV shows. Although normal houses already made mine look like a cardboard box, these houses now made it look like a pizza box.
“C’mon,” Sarah sighed and pulled me by the arm. She led me to the doors and pushed one open.
Suddenly, I felt something in me. Something great. Right when Sarah opened those doors, it made me feel happy and not because I would get my answers and meet others like me, but it was some other unfathomable reason I didn’t get. It was like a tingly sensation inside me. It reminded me of the first day I’ve came in contact with Sarah. It was still a force, but a much different force.
Aside from the force, the house was absolutely and just as beautiful as outside of the house. The floors were black and white marble tiling, there was an extravagant crystal chandelier hanging above my head, there were two grand staircases leading up the stairs, both stair cases were on both sides of the walls. They led up to a hall that had a left and right side to it. Against the stairs were two round tables holding large bouquets of flowers in tall crystal vases. To the left and right of me was what I was guessing the living rooms. I wasn’t sure because they looked too nice to be living rooms. Straight ahead of me was a wide, long hallway leading into another part of the house.
“Keith! Nathan!” Sarah called aloud.
Through the hallway in front of me, two guys started walking toward me and Sarah.
One-who was taller than the other-had a light brown colored hair with a tint of strawberry blonde. He had sideburns that went down to mid-jaw. His eyes were grey and had a friendly sparkle to them. His skin was a shade lighter than his hair. He looked around the age of twenty.
The other one looked utterly perfect. He had thick, fair golden-blonde hair that was swept to the left side of his head. His hair closely resembled the prince’s hair off of Shrek two. His eyes were a deep, mysterious sky blue and his skin was a creamy almond color. He looked a tad bit older than the tall one.
“Hello, Natalia,” the taller one said. He had a thick European accent. “I’m Keith. We’ve been waiting for you.” He stuck out his hand and I took it and shook. Have they really been waiting for me?
“Hello,” the blonde one said. He had a deep, mature, yet soft voice. It gave me goosebumps. “I’m Nathan,” he said and smiled. When he smiled it seemed like his eyes sparkled more than the crystal chandelier above me. Irrationally, my face turned bright red.
“Come, Natalia. I’m sure your mighty anxious for your answers,” Keith said and led me down the hallway. Nathan and Sarah followed.
Keith led me into the dining room. The ceiling was high and that was because of the chandelier of course. This chandelier was much, much more grand than the one in the entrance of this mansion. It was covered in crystals from top to bottom. The lights inside of it made it look gold and sparkly.
The cherry wood dining table looked like an antique. It was long and wide with many chairs.
“Who lives here?” I asked.
“Only us three,” Nathan answered.
“Wow,” I mouthed. How could three very young people afford all of this?
“Take a seat, Natalia,” Keith said. I took one at the middle of the table, Sarah took a seat at one end, Keith at the other and Nathan took one right across from me. He looked at me and smiled. I blushed and it made me feel awkward.
“I’m guessing your first question would be… what are we.”
I smiled and nodded my head.
“Well, Natalia. It’s going to be hard for me to explain and since what we are is so… odd, I want to take it nice and easy.”
“We’re ghosts,” Sarah said indifferently while filing her nails.
I looked at her and chuckled incredulously. I turned my attention back to Keith. “You may continue.”
A couple of seconds past by and everyone’s eyes were on me. A grin appeared on Keith’s face.
“She-she’s not… lying?” I gulped.
Keith’s grin widened and his shoulders rised.
“I said I wanted answers! Not-not… mythical creatures!” I yelled and jumped out of my seat.
“Technically, ghosts are mythical because here we are!” Sarah chirped, enthusiasm leaking in her voice.
I glared at her, then Nathan (although it was hard to glare at him because he was too beautiful), then Keith and stomped angrily out of the dining room then out of the house. I looked left and right to try to find the way back to my house. It couldn’t be that far. The trip here was only less than five minutes.
After a couple of minutes of walking back and forth, I was surprised no one came after me.
I walked back to the house but it wasn’t like I got far. I swung the door open, exaggerating my frusteration. I stomped back into the dining room, making sure that I stomped extra loud.
“Did you have time to cool off?” Keith asked.
“How do I get home?” I demanded.
“I thought you’d never ask,” Sarah scoffed. “You take a-”
“Sarah,” Nathan said, stopping her.
I looked over at Keith. All of a sudden, he stiffened, his eyes became aloof, and he started talking. “When you walk out of the house, take a right, then-”
“Keith!” Nathan said, surprised.
Keith‘s eyes were now back with us, no longer distant and starring off into space. “Oh! I’m so very sorry. I guess I lost my train of thought,” he said, and chuckled. “Take a seat, Natalia. You need your answers and we got them.”
I hesitated.
“This time, try listening to the whole explanation.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Spirit: Chapter 11: The Others.