Status: Hiatus. I need to work on other stories first. Sorry!

Summer Butterfly

Chapter 2

The sun was going down, and it looked amazing. I looked at Mick and grinned. “I love the sunset here! It’s so amazing!” I laughed.

Mick smirked. “Let me see… you’ve said that about… five million times since you saw the sunsets around Florida.” He laughed and I hit his shoulder.

“Have not! Only about one hundred.” I smiled and looked back at the sunset. Mick’s breath on my ear made me shiver.

“How about we take a picture.” He said putting a camera in my hands.

I smiled and turned it on. I moved slightly and faced Mick. “Smile!” Mick scowled, and then smiled, his face lightening up as he did so. I clicked the button on the camera. I looked at the little screen and grinned. “Perfect!” I showed him and he laughed. I scooted back beside him. He took the camera from my hands and stretched his arm out.

“1.2.3.” He pulled me close and took the picture. He looked at the screen and smiled. “There.” I craned my neck to look at it and smiled.

I looked around the beach. Sam and Ty were off in the distance, standing at the shoreline. I smiled. I looked at the sky, and then at the water. Everything here was just… perfect. For once, I didn’t think about California. I sighed happily, and looked at Mick. There was a look in his eyes. Something I have seen before. Before I knew it, his forehead was against mine.

“I can’t keep my feelings to myself anymore, Sky…” he said, looking at me with those deep green eyes. “I…” he bit his lip. “I like you, so much…” Not even seconds after that, he pressed his lips to mine, and I seriously melted in his grasp as he wrapped his arms around me. I kissed back, but I pushed against his chest and drew back.

“Mick…” I couldn’t find the words. I leaned against his chest, and he put an arm around me. “I…”

“I’m sorry… I just… needed to know…” He said quietly, but I heard him.

I looked up at him. “Don’t worry about it.” I smiled and leaned on his shoulder.

What a wonderful night.

*************************************************************

Sam and Ty went home around midnight. It was about 1:30 am when Mick and I made our way to my house. I knew I would be in tons of trouble with Quinn. Yes. Not Cal, not Megan, but their son Quinn. Once we got to my house, we stopped at the door. I turned and looked at him and smiled.

“I wish I didn’t have to leave…” Mick said holding me hand in his.

I smiled and laughed a bit. “You’ll see me tomorrow…” I stretched up and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “See you tomorrow alright?”

Mick sighed and gave me a hug. “Alright. Tomorrow. Bye Sky.” He smiled and turned, walking down the walkway, and turning to walk down towards his house.

I opened the door and walked inside. I closed the door, and turned around. Nobody there. I slowly walked towards the stairs, only to be greeted by a hand on my shoulder.

“Do you know what time it is young lady? I have been worried sick about you!” Quinn said, giving off a fake sob.

I laughed. “I am sorry… me and Mick kind of… lost track of time.” I said, and walked up the stairs to my room. I fell back onto my bed and smiled at the ceiling.

“You and Mick? What about Sam and Ty? Where were they?” Quinn asked, leaning on the doorway, looking at me. “Oh my god, I have lived to see the day that the mighty Skylar smiled oh so brightly.”

“Shut up…” I said looking at him. “Sam and Ty left at midnight…” I grinned. “Me and Mick were… busy…”

“Busy…?” Quinn raised an eyebrow.

“Just making out, nothing out of the ordinary… anyway… I’m going to sleep now…” I said.

“MAKING OUT!?!?!?! OH MY GOD SKY!” Quinn said coming into my room and staring at me. “ARE YOU SERI-“ I threw a pillow at him.

“SHUT UP. You’ll wake Cal and Megan up. And yes. I am serious.” I said.

Quinn suddenly smiled and threw the pillow back at me. “Well cool. I shall now have the privilege to bug you every second about it!” I laughed and sighed.

“Get out. I need to sleep.” I laid back down.

“Goodnight Skylar.” Quinn said and walked out.

Best day of my entire life.