Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Nick's Concerns

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by Falling.Down

.....Over the course of several weeks, Kylie seemed to fit in well with Nick’s family. It was almost like she was meant to be a part of them. Nick loved watching her interact with Frankie. She was so patient with him, answering all of his questions about her sickness. Showing him websites that would help him understand what she was going through.

.....The Jonas family was currently within months of starting their summer tour, and Nick, who seemed to be doing a lot of worrying lately, was concerned about how Kylie would handle their friends.

.....Would they understand what Kylie’s going through?

.....Would they like Kylie, like the rest of his family did?

.....Would Kylie like his friends as much as Nick did?

.....Nick knew that the media liked to paint this world-wind romance with Miley, and while he wasn’t concerned about his friendship with Kylie, he was worried about what the media would say about her.

.....Would they paint Kylie as the ‘other woman’?

.....He wanted to talk to his brother’s about his concerns, but he knew they were both busy. Kevin with his new married life, and Joe pretending like Demi was nothing more then a friend, when the whole world knew otherwise.

.....“You’ve been quiet the last several days,” Kylie observed as she walked into his room. Nick looked up and gave her a slight smile.

.....“A lot has been going through my head,” Nick admitted as Kylie sat down next to him.

.....“Would you like to talk about it?” Kylie asked kindly. “I’ve been told I’m a good listener,” she added with a smile. Nick gave another smile and turned to face Kylie.

.....“I’m worried about what people will think of you,” he finally admitted after staring at Kylie for several minutes.

.....“What do you worry they might think or say?” Kylie asked her voice thoughtful.

....."I’m worried people, or even our friends, won’t like you. I’m also worried about what the media will come up with.” Nick gave a shrug, but he was glad that he had voiced his concerns.

.....“I’ve never had to deal with a lot of attention before, so I honestly can't say how anything is going to go, but if your friends are as pleasant and wonderful as you say, then they will understand that I am a friend, and currently living in your house. As for the media, your parents and I have been talking about that subject. Denise and I both feel that if we come right out in the open about who I am to your family, then the media might be a little more understanding, then if I were to hide and dodge questions. I admitted to Denise that I’ve always wanted to meet Ellen, so Denise has set up a family interview with Ellen that will show live tomorrow. I’m really quiet excited,” Kylie explained. She gave a small giggle, and Nick felt like some of his concern had been placed at ease.

.....“I just don’t want people calling you names and such,” Nick said, trying to explain his concerns.

.....“People will always be doing that,” Kylie said, “Some will probably feel that I got sick just to meet you, some will think that I am getting in the way of your career, some will think that you and I are more then ‘just friends,’ and some will like me. It’s just the way people work. In Denver, I used to have a nurse who would remind me, that nothing matters more, then what I think of myself. As long as I a true to who I am, then everyone else’s opinions are just that, opinions.” Nick looked up at Kylie.

.....“Sometimes, you scare me,” Nick said. Kylie laughed and just shoved Nick’s shoulder.

.....“Being sick gives a person a lot of time to reflect on life. I know that when I die, whether it’s today or fifty years from now, I will be at peace. To me, that’s all that really matters,” Kylie said giving Nick a small look into her heart. Nick smiled and suddenly pulled Kylie in for a hug.

.....“I’m glad you came to live with us,” Nick admitted. Kylie wrapped her arms around Nick’s waist and leaned her head against Nick’s shoulder.

.....“Me too,” Kylie muttered, as she held onto Nick, like her life depended on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two Chapters in One Day for you all!!!!