Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Kylie's First Interview

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by Falling.Down

.....The next day, Kylie was sitting in a small waiting room, in a new summer dress that Denise had insisted that she get. Some of Ellen’s people had done her makeup, making it light and natural, because she didn’t want to look like someone she wasn’t. One of Ellen’s assistants had come into the room, and gently informed Kylie of some of the questions that would be asked.

.....Kylie was encouraged to not answer any questions she didn’t feel comfortable with, and that Ellen would in no way be judgmental, for which Kylie was glad about. She was also informed that the family would be going out first, the assistant pointed to a screen, letting Kylie know she could watch from there. Then after a few questions to the family, Kylie would be brought out.

..... After the assistant left the room, Kylie turned her attention to the T.V. Ellen was giving a few jokes, and really bringing the audience into laughter. She then announced that they had some special guests, and brought out Kylie’s new family. Kylie giggled as she watched girls scream and go crazy.

.....“Welcome guys,” Ellen said after hugging each of them.

.....“Thanks for having us,” Joe said with a smirk to the camera, which of course got more girls screaming.

.....“So I hear you all have wonderful news,” Ellen said, getting right to the point. Denise was the one to speak up.

.....“Lately, Nick and I have been in contact with a young girl. She had written a letter to a random address, hoping to get her story out there. When we heard about her story, we decided to look into it. We had discovered that Kaylin was young girl of sixteen, and had been struggling with cancer since she was thirteen.

....."The hardest part was that Kaylin was an orphan, living most of the time in a hospital. After several letters with Kaylin, Paul and I decided that what Kaylin really needed, was a place to call home. So we flew to Colorado, the place she had been living, and talked with Kaylin’s Social Worker, to see what could be done. After much consideration, Paul and I decided to take Kaylin in as our foster child.” The audience was quiet, and it sort of concerned Kylie.

.....“Well then, let’s bring her out,” Ellen said with a smile. “Everyone meet Kaylin Martin,” people clapped and Kylie followed the assistant until being led to the stage. Kylie walked out alone and Ellen stood, gave her a hug, and pointed to the open seat next to Nick. Kylie gave a small smile. She had decided not to wear her wig today, going with the scarf that Nick had given her. Nick thought it would allow people to see that she really was sick.

.....“So Kaylin, how did you come to find the Jonas address?” Ellen asked with a smile.

.....“Please call me Kylie, everyone does,” Kylie said kindly. “To be honest the address was on the floor of my hospital room. I have no idea how or why it got there, but I figured it had to be a sign. I had no idea who the address belonged to, and figured it wouldn’t hurt to write to a stranger.

....."When Nick wrote back, I knew it was fate. He explained that he was in a band, but I had never heard of them. So I talked with several of the girls that were also in the hospital, and they told me everything they knew about these boys,” Kylie said as she smiled at Nick and Joe. Kevin had been unable to make the interview due to another engagement with his wife.

.....“I never expected Denise to show up at my hospital, offering me a real home. It wasn’t until we got to Texas that I learned that Denise was my pen pals mom, and then it was like I knew, this family had given me a chance for a real home. They have all been so understanding, working with me and since living with them, my doctor has said that I seem to be getting better. I hope to be in remission soon. But more then that, I really just want my hair back,” Kylie finished, giving Ellen a small smile. Ellen laughed and moved on questioning the boys about tour, girls, and life.

.....

.....It had been several weeks since the Jonas family had announced the new addition to their family. So far things had been low key, Kylie rarely went out unless it was for her appointments, and while the paparazzi tried their best to get pictures of Kylie, she was fairly good at hiding herself. It was easier once at the children’s hospital, because no press of any kind was allowed onto the premises without an appointment. The parking lot was guarded by security guards, and all the entrances and exits were fairly well watched as well.

.....Currently Nick and Kylie were sitting in their family living room, watching a Disney classic. Kylie kept giggling, and Nick was finding it hard to concentrate. He realized over the weeks that he might have been developing a crush on Kylie, and Nick wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do about it. He didn’t know if Kylie felt the same way, and he didn’t even know if slowly falling for his ‘foster sister’ was even allowed. Nick was starting to come undone with his newly found affection, and decided that he had to talk to someone about his feelings. He knew his mom would be understanding, and would help him come to terms with his feelings. Once the movie was finished Kylie turned to Nick.

.....“That was funny,” she said with a giggle.

.....“You’ve never seen it before?” Nick asked as he took the DVD out of the player.

.....“No, being in the hospital makes watching movies hard. They try to play Disney movies in the rec room, but most of the time, it’s during the times that I can't move, from being so sick,” Kylie explained. Nick nodded in what he hoped would be considered understanding and turned back to the movie he was putting away.

.....“Did you want to watch another movie?” Nick asked, as he looked back at Kylie. Kylie looked thoughtful for a moment before shaking her head no.

.....“I really should…” Kylie paused as exhaustion settled over her. “I really should take a nap. I don’t seem to have any energy anymore,” Kylie added as she leaned her head against Nick’s shoulder, in pure tiredness.

.....“You could just take a nap…” Nick stopped when he noticed that Kylie was out. She snuggled deeper into Nick’s shoulder and wrapped her arms around his waist. Nick didn’t have the heart to move her. Sitting in the quiet soon made Nick nod off as well. He leaned his own head against Kylie’s and was asleep within minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first banner winner character is going to be introduced in the next chapter, so be on the look out for her!!

Thanks to:

Falling.Down -- I'm glad that you're loving it!! And thanks for getting back to me so fast!!!
coolcat2003 -- I am so glad that your nephew is finally coming home!!! Can't wait to hear how he's progressing!!
My heart slows down; -- Thank you so much for the banner, I love it!!!!