Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Joe's 'Not-So-Secret' Issue

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

.....Joe walked up his brothers house, eager to talk to Kevin about some things had been going on with him. He rang the doorbell and waited. Danielle opened the door and gave Joe a kind smile.

.....“Joe, this is a surprise,” she said as she let her brother-in-law in.

.....“Hey Dani, is Kevin home?” Joe asked as they walked into the kitchen.

.....“No, I’m afraid that Kevin had to go do something, but he should be home in a couple days,” she explained in a simple manner.

.....“Oh,” Joe said, his voice showing his defeat.

.....“Is there something I can help you with?” Dani asked. She sat Joe down at the table and grabbed him some milk and cookies. Joe took the Oreo and dunked it into the milk before shoving the whole cookie in his mouth.

.....“It’s about Demi and I,” Joe said after swallowing the cookie. Dani nodded but said nothing, “we’ve been secretly dating for several months, and it’s just not working out,” he then explained.

.....“What’s wrong with the relationship?” Dani asked carefully.

.....“I want to bring our relationship out in the open, and Demi doesn’t. She fears that if we tell people, our fans will lose respect for us, and I’ve tried to explain that if they were true fans, then all they would care about is our happiness.”

.....“But?” Dani asked.

.....“But, Demi doesn’t seem to believe me and now I’m starting to believe that Demi and I would be better off as friends. I just worry about what Demi will say when I tell her,” Joe admitted.

.....“I see,” Dani said as she tried to think of a way to go about the subject. “I can understand where you both are coming from,” she started. “I can understand Demi, because I had the same concern when Kevin and I started dating and I can understand you, because I soon realized that it didn’t matter to Kevin if he lost fans over his love for me.” Joe looked up at Dani.

.....“So what should I do?” Joe asked in desperate need.

.....“All you need to do is follow your heart. I know it seems a little too simple, but trust me, sometimes it will be the hardest thing that you have to do,” Dani said with a small smile. Joe nodded and then stood up. Dani followed him and then accepted his brotherly hug.

.....“Thanks Dani, you’ve been very helpful,” he said after they pulled away.

.....“No problem, what are sisters for anyways,” Dani said with a reassuring smile. Joe then left and Dani got back to the guest room, making the room as comforting as possible.

***

.....Joe drive around, thinking to himself. He knew what he needed to do; now he just had to work up the courage to accomplish it. Demi was currently staying in a local hotel, so Joe drove to the hotel and made his way up to Demi’s room. He knocked and gave Demi a smile when she opened the door.

.....“Demi, we need to talk,” Joe said softly. Demi nodded and allowed Joe into the room.

.....“What’s up Joe,” Demi asked, even though she was sure that she knew what was going on.

.....“Demi, I love you, and I know I always will, because your one of my best friends, but I fear that is all we can ever be. I don’t want to ruin what we have, and if we can't agree on the simple stuff of our own relationship, then how are we supposed to last?” Joe asked as he spoke his fears to Demi. Demi sighed and then walked up to Joe.

.....“I know you’re right,” she said softly, “I don’t want to ruin what we have either. I also have been thinking and maybe we would be better off as only friends,” she agreed. Joe sighed in relief and pulled Demi into his arms for a hug.

.....“I’ll always love you,” he whispered. Demi nodded into his chest and just hugged him tighter. They were both glad that this breakup was happening in an easy and gentle way. Demi was just glad to get her friend back and Joe was just happy that he didn’t have to deal with the heartbreak that always came at the end of his relationships. Mostly they were both grateful that this had been the easiest breakup that either had ever gone through.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of two chapters today!!! Look out for the next one!!!

Thanks to sober heart; for making me my wonderful new banner! I love it!!!

Thanks to everyone for being so understanding about my internet issue. I don't know why my mom's wireless hates me so much....