Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Dani's Surprise Visit

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

.....Dani was sitting in the kitchen drinking some tea when she heard the doorbell ring. She got up and walked to the front, looking into the door’s peephole, Dani smiled. She swung the door open and squealed.

.....“Payton Ryleigh Anderson,” she said as she pulled the girl into her arms. Payton gave a small laugh and hugged her best friend back.

.....“I know, it’s been forever,” Payton said with a sigh.

.....“It has, but I forgive you,” Dani said with a smile as they pulled apart.

.....“Pay-Pay?” a little boy questioned from behind Payton. Payton looked down and smiled at her little brother, Jeremiah Matthew Anderson. Payton got down so she could face the little boy at eye level.

.....“Jer, you remember when I told you about my friend?” Jeremiah nodded. “Well this is her, this is Dani,” Payton said gently to the five year old.

.....“Are you leaving me with her?” Jeremiah asked with a mixture of confusion and fear. Payton sighed.

.....“No, Jer, I’m not leaving you,” she promised. Payton turned back to Dani and gave a small smile.

.....“Payton, who is this?” Dani asked. She had grown up with Payton and her older brother James Ian, but didn’t remember their parents having any other kids and she knew that there was no way that this child was Payton’s, or James, unless he was now married. James and Payton both had very strong values when it comes to relationships.

.....“Dani, this is my little brother, Jeremiah,” Payton explained. “I’ll explain everything once we get inside.” Dani nodded and allowed them into the house. Payton set Jeremiah up in the living room with some of his toys, before joining Dani in the kitchen. Dani had placed some tea in front of Payton’s chair and waited for Payton to sit down.

.....“I know it’s been years since we last talked, so I will start at the year after you left. Mom had found out that she and dad were going to have another baby. James and I were in complete shock, since there is, as you know, ten years between us. I had just a few months before I would turn fourteen, and I thought that a new baby was going to be the best present a girl could get.

.....“But seven months later everything changed. It was raining hard, and my parents had to go to one of their baby classes. I was at home, by myself, since James had joined the military. I fell asleep on the couch until I heard a banging on the door. When I woke up from the noise, I noticed that it was well past midnight, and that there were flashing lights in the front of my house.”

.....“Oh no,” Dani said with a gasp, Payton nodded.

.....“My parents had been hit by a drunk driver. Dad died on the spot, while mom held out long enough to give birth to Jeremiah. I stayed at the hospital, not sure of what was going to happen to me and my new little brother. When they let me in, to say goodbye to my mom, she told the name that she had given the newborn. I cried as I watched my mom pass, but I soon wiped my tears and knew that I needed to see my brother.

.....“The nurse took me to the NICU to look at him. She had kindly informed me that they were bringing my brother to the hospital, and that the Army had granted James temporary leave to be with us. When James got to the NICU, I cried in his arms. James held me close, and promised that we would be okay, because he was going to insure that all three of us got to stay together. Sure enough, James was granted leave. He would be free from duty until the day that I turned eighteen, which I would then get custody of Jeremiah,” Payton said, telling Dani everything.

.....“And for almost two years you’ve been taking care of Jeremiah, all by yourself?” Dani asked.

.....“Yes, James sends us money, so we can get by. Things have been tough, though. I just lost my job, and our apartment building burned to the ground. I had no where else to go and when I got your letter I knew it was fate, so I wrote James a letter, telling him that Jeremiah and I were heading here, to find you. Dani I don’t know what else to do. While James gives us enough to pay the bills, I need to find a job, so that way I can pay for the things that Jeremiah and I will need,” Payton said, remaining completely calm.

.....“I think I can help you with the job,” Dani said as she stood up. “Come with me,” together they helped Jeremiah pick up and walked out the door. Payton set up Jeremiah’s car seat in Dani’s car, and they quickly sped away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is C'est Moi C:'s character! I hope that you enjoy her, and let me know what you think so far!!!