Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Payton's Surprise Meeting

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

.....Dani drove for a little while before pulling up to a large gated house. She pulled up to the security gate and smiled at the guard.

.....“Morning Mrs. Jonas,” the guard said with a smile, but Payton was not listening to them.

.....“Morning George,” Dani replied. He let them into the gate and Dani drove up the drive. Soon Dani, Payton, and Jeremiah were standing in front of the large door.

.....“Dani,” a woman said in a pleased manner when the door was opened.

.....“Mom,” Dani said with a smile, while Payton just looked at her friend in confusion. Dani said nothing and Payton followed her into the house, holding onto Jeremiah’s hand for dear life. “Mom this is my childhood friend Payton,” Dani said with a pleased smile.

.....“Oh Payton, I’ve heard so much about you and your older brother James. I’m Denise,” she said with a smile. She then saw Jeremiah, who was slightly hiding behind Payton. “Oh and who is this?” she asked with a smile directed at Jeremiah.

.....“This is my little brother, Jeremiah,” Payton said, hoping that Denise wouldn’t think that she was lying. It was an issue that Payton had to deal with on a day-to-day basis, but Payton, James, and Jeremiah all knew the truth, and that was all that mattered.

.....“Oh well aren’t you adorable,” Denise said, showing nothing but kindness.

.....“I bet my boys and Kylie would love to keep him entertained,” Denise said.

.....“Nick, Kylie, Frankie,” Denise called. “Get down here please,” she said in a kind, but loud manner. A boy about nine or ten came down the stairs first.

.....“Nick and Kylie are in the living room,” the boy, who Payton now knew had to be Frankie, said, “Kylie isn’t feeling well,” he added.

.....“Oh, well, please come this way,” Denise said leading everyone into a rather large living room. Payton froze when she saw who was sitting on the couch. She watched Denise walk over to the girl, who was lying on Nick Jonas’ chest, looking a little green. Payton’s eyes widened when she realized that she was actually standing in the middle of the Jonas living room. She knew Dani had gotten married, because she had seen it on the news, but she never paid attention to the man she had actually married.

.....“Kylie, honey,” the girl, Kylie, groaned. “I know sweetie, but you will feel better in a few hours,” Denise said affectionately. Nick looked up and gave a smile to Payton and Jeremiah.

.....“Mom?” Nick asked, still holding Kylie close to him.

.....“Oh, Nick this is Payton and her little brother, Jeremiah. Payton is a childhood friend of your sister’s,” Denise said with a smile.

.....“Hi, I would get up, but I don’t want to make Kylie even sicker then she already is,” Nick said in a kind manner. Payton looked at the girl, and wondered if she was pregnant. Kylie sat up and gave a small weak smile.

.....“Hi, I’m Kylie, Denise and Paul’s foster child,” she said. “I’m sorry that you have to see me like this.”

.....“Oh it’s okay, are you alright?” Payton asked, not wanting to assume anything, out loud.

.....“Oh yes, at least it will be when I go into remission and they stop giving me the chemo,” Kylie said gaining some of her energy back.

.....“Oh,” Payton said, not knowing what else she was supposed to say.

.....“So Dani what can I do for you and Payton?” Denise asked changing the subject.

.....“Do your boys still need a personal assistant?” Dani asked, while Payton just looked confused.

.....“Yes, why do you have someone in mind?” Denise asked, understanding filling her eyes.

.....“Well, Payton just lost her job and needs a new one. I know that she is very organized and well mannered. She also carries the same values as the boys. I think she would be great at the job,” Dani said, giving Payton some high praise.

.....“Have you had experience as an assistant?” Denise asked kindly.

.....“Actually I have,” Payton said, “I actually was a receptionist for local company in my hometown here in Texas,” Payton said. Denise looked over at Nick and he just nodded.

.....“All right, we can give it a try,” Denise said with a smile.

.....“What will I do with Jeremiah?” Payton asked, unsure of how this family worked.

.....“He is more then welcomed here while you work. If you make into the summer, then he will join us on tour. Frankie will love having someone on board with him, won’t you Frankie?” Denise asked, looking at her youngest son.

.....“Oh yeah, hey Jeremy, do you want to come see my room? We can play with whatever you want in there?” Frankie asked, getting very excited. Jeremiah looked up at his sister and she gave a small smile before nodding. Jeremiah ran off with Frankie giving a giggle as he ran.

.....“That’s the happiest I’ve ever seen him,” Payton said with a sad smile.

.....“Did he have other boys to play with in your hometown?” Denise asked kindly.

.....“No, Jeremiah is far smarter then the boys his own age, so it was difficult for him to get along with them,” Payton said. Denise nodded, showing that she understood.

.....“Nick had the same issue growing up,” Denise said. She then turned to her daughter-in-law, “so where is Kevin?” she asked as if realizing that he was missing.

.....“Oh, Ashlyn is coming out here for a while, so Kevin went to California to get her. She’ll be staying with us for the summer,” Dani said, knowing that she couldn’t really answer that question.

.....“Oh that will nice for the boys,” Denise said with a pleased smile. “Payton do you and Jeremiah, have a place to stay?”

.....“No I haven’t had a chance to look,” Payton said realizing that she had no place to stay tonight.

.....“Well you both are more then welcome to stay here. Frankie will love sharing his room with Jeremiah, and we have plenty of guest rooms. Since I am assuming that Ashlyn is staying with Kevin and Dani,” Dani nodded, “they wouldn’t have enough room for the both of you.”

.....“Thank you, I would be very grateful,” Payton said with a smile. Just then the front door opened, and Payton heard an all too familiar voice.

.....“Mom,” she heard Joe call. Payton’s heart began to race. Joe had always been a secret crush for Payton, and now she was meeting him. The whole idea almost seemed like a dream.

.....“In the living room dear,” Denise called. Joe walked in and gave a smile that almost made Payton’s knees melt. Payton forced herself to pull it together; there would be no way that she could work with Joe, if she couldn’t hold her crush within.

.....“What’s up?” Joe asked with a smirk.

.....“Oh Joe, this is Payton, she is going to be our new personal assistant,” Denise said with a pleased smile.

.....“Hello,” Joe said with a friendly smile. Payton gave a small smile back and just nodded.

.....“Pay-Pay, Pay-Pay, Frankie has all the coolest toys,” Jeremiah said with an excited smile as he came running into the room.

.....“I’m so glad, Jer. Hey guess what?” Payton said with a smile.

.....“What?” he asked with a bright smile.

.....“How would you like to have a sleepover with Frankie?” she asked watching his wide eyes.

.....“Really?” Payton nodded and Jeremiah suddenly frowned. “Are you going to be here too Pay-Pay?” he then asked, his eyes starting to water at the thought of Payton leaving him.

.....“Oh of course sweetie, remember I promised that I would never leave you,” she said concern in her eyes. Jeremiah’s eyes swelled up with tears and Payton knew what was coming next.

.....“James promised too, but he’s gone,” Jeremiah said in a whisper as the tears began to fall down his face.

.....“Oh sweetie, James will be back soon. He had to leave because of his job remember?” Payton asked. Jeremiah nodded but it was still too much to handle for the five year old. Frankie then came into the room and noticed Jeremiah’s tears.

.....“Hey Jeremy, do you like video games?” Frankie asked. Jeremiah looked at the older boy and nodded as he wiped the tears from his face. “Well come on, we have a room filled with video games,” he said as he led the boy away. They soon disappeared and Payton stood back up giving an apologetic smile to everyone.

.....“I’m sorry, our brother, James had to leave two years ago, he had been allowed leave from the military when our parents died, and when I turned eighteen he was forced to go back. It’s been hard on Jeremiah ever since,” Payton said, giving the short version of her life.

.....“So the little dude is your brother?” Joe asked in astonishment. Payton nodded.

.....“I’m fourteen years older then him and James is ten years older then me. Our parents died on the day that Jeremiah was born and James and I are the only parents he’s ever had.”

.....“Well, I think it’s a true blessing that Jeremiah has siblings that love him enough to place their own lives on hold for him,” Denise said as she walked over to hug Payton. Payton stood there wide eyed and looked over at Joe, who just gave an even bigger smirk.

.....“That’s mom for you, but you’ll get used to it,” Joe said with a teasing smirk, as his mother smacked him. Payton suddenly had a feeling that she and her brother were in for a real experience with the Jonas family.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter of Forever Yours is out! Go get it out and let me know what you think so far!!!

Hey everyone I am sorry to say that I messed up - I placed that Sober Heart; made the last banner when it was in fact My heart slows down; that made the banner. I am sorry for the confusion. And I am sorry to My heart slows down; for making this mix-up.

Thanks to:

My heart slows down; -- Thank you so much for making me a second banner! I'm going to message you about your question, I've just been very busy. -- Sorry about the banner... my head must of been out of it....
ShellyVengence -- I'm glad you're liking how Ashlyn's turning out! Keep looking because within the next couple chapters Ashlyn might end up getting the best of herself (Don't want to say anymore then that!) I love that you keep commenting... even when no one else is... and you are very funny... can't wait to see what you comment about next!!!!