Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Ashlyn Strikes Again

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

.....The next day Kylie was sitting on the couch eating a Pop-Tart when the front door opened. It was still early in the morning, and she knew no one else was up, so she looked over, slightly concerned. An older looking Jonas, who she guessed to be Kevin, walked into the living room.

.....“Oh, hello,” Kevin said as another girl, who looked like she had been in a very bad fight, walked in behind Kevin.

.....“Hello, I’m Kylie,” she said as she stood up, finally finishing her Pop-Tart.

.....“I’m Kevin, I’m sorry we haven’t gotten to meet before now,” Kevin said as he walked toward Kylie. They shook hands and Kylie gave a small smile. “So where’s the rest of my family?” Kevin then asked looking around.

.....“Sleeping,” Kylie said with a shrug. “Dani’s here too,” Kevin looked up shocked. “Her childhood best friend showed up last night, and Denise is letting Payton and her baby brother stay here, and Dani figured that you and your friend would be coming here first,” Kylie explained.

.....“Well I’m going to go find my wife. Kylie this is our family friend, Ashlyn,” Kevin said as he walked out of the room and up the stairs. Kylie looked over at Ashlyn and smiled, but her smile faded away when Ashlyn looked at Kylie with a displeased frown.

.....“So, you’re the girl that’s trying to replace me,” Ashlyn said with a sneer. Kylie looked at Ashlyn, her face showing confusion. She had never met this girl before, and already Ashlyn hated her. Kylie didn’t understand.

.....“Ashlyn lay off her,” Nick said when he walked into the room. Ashlyn looked down at the ground in embarrassment as Nick walked over to Kylie. “How are you feeling?” he asked in concern.

.....“Better,” Kylie said with a smile. “I told you before that I always feel better the day after my treatments.”

.....“I know, but I still worry about you,” Nick said as he pulled Kylie onto the couch with him. He then looked over at Ashlyn, “Are you going to sit, or just stare at us all day?” he asked with a smile. “By the way, what happened to you?” Nick then asked as he got a good look at his friend. Ashlyn looked up from the floor and gave Nick a small smile. Before Ashlyn could reply Joe walked down the stairs with Jeremiah in his arms, and Frankie following close behind them. Joe walked right past Ashlyn, because he was still in a sleepy state, and plopped onto the couch next to Kylie. Kylie looked at a teary-eyed Jeremiah and opened up her arms for the little boy.

.....“Did you have a bad dream?” Kylie asked softly when he climbed into her lap. Jeremiah nodded and placed his head on Kylie’s shoulders. “I used to get bad dreams when I was little,” Kylie told Jeremiah.

.....“Really?”

.....“Really, you see my parents and I were in a car accident when I was five. I don’t remember what happened, but I was told that my parents were killed, and I was lucky to be alive. I remember that for years I would get bad dreams at night. My foster parents never knew what to do with me,” Kylie explained, knowing that the others in the room were listening closely.

.....“How did you stop the bad dreams?” Jeremiah asked in a quiet voice.

.....“One night, I had a dream that my mother came to see me, and I knew after that everything would be okay, because my mom was up in heaven watching over me,” Kylie said with a smile.

.....“Do you think my mommy is watching me from heaven?”

.....“I know she is, because that’s what mommy’s do, they watch over their children. It doesn’t matter if you can see your mommy or not, all you have to do is, feel for her,” Kylie took Jeremiah’s hand and placed it over his heart. “Do you feel that?” she asked, Jeremiah nodded, “That is your mother, letting you know that she is there, watching over you,” Kylie said with a smile on her face.

.....“I’m glad,” Jeremy said with a please smile. “I’m going to go wake Pay-Pay,” he said as he ran off, with Frankie following close behind him.

.....“That was a nice thing to say,” Nick said as he looked over at Kylie.

.....“One of the nurses at my hospital once told me that, and it made sleeping at night easier,” Kylie said with a shrug. Kylie slowly cast a look over at Ashlyn before looking at Nick. “Why does she hate me?” Kylie asked in a whisper. Nick looked at Kylie, with a shocked look on his face.

.....“Ashlyn has always had issues trusting people,” Nick explained, even though he knew that he didn’t know the whole story.

***

.....It was just then that Joe fully woke up; he looked at Nick in confusion before casting a look over to Ashlyn for the first time.

.....“My god, Sawyer, what on earth happened to you?” he asked as he got off the couch and walked over to her. Ashlyn gave a sheepish grin before looking back over at Joe.

.....“I got into a fight,” she said, using her usual line. Joe frowned at his friend.

.....“Sawyer, we’ve talked about fighting before.”

.....“I know Joe, but the bastard had it coming,” she said in a sneer. “Kevin found out, and came and got me,” she added, not giving Joe anymore information. Ashlyn then looked back over at Kylie with a frown, “So who’s she?” she asked in disapproval. Kylie gave a slight frown before getting up and began walking out of the room. Nick frowned at Ashlyn before following Kylie.

.....“Kylie, wait,” he called as he ran. Ashlyn turned and watched as Nick caught Kylie in his arms. Kylie gave a giggle as they walked into the kitchen.

.....“Sawyer, why do you have to be so rude all the time?” Joe asked in disapproval. Ashlyn looked at Joe in disbelief.

.....“Me? She’s the one coming in and trying to take my spot,” Ashlyn said her voice showing her anger.

.....“Your place? Sawyer, Kylie is our foster sister. Mom and dad took her in, because Kylie is sick and has no family,” Joe said defending the girl, which only made Ashlyn madder.

.....“Well it’s clear that not everyone is viewing her as a sister,” Ashlyn stated. “Who cares if she has a family or not, your parents wouldn’t take me to Texas when I asked, so why would they take some homeless girl?” Ashlyn spat, her anger starting to get the best of her.

.....“Oh really? Well would you like to be homeless and dying?” Joe asked, his own anger starting to rise at his best friend. Ashlyn gasped.

.....“Dying? Joe, I had no idea,” Ashlyn said in her own defense.

.....“And that makes it all right? Ashlyn I don’t know who you are anymore,” Joe said, using her middle name with a sigh as he began to walk away.

.....“Joe, wait,” Ashlyn called, but Joe wasn’t listening. Ashlyn watched her best friend walk away, and wondered what had just happened. Joe never called her Ashlyn, not even when they were younger and she had insisted that she hated the name Sawyer. She was always Joe’s Sawyer, and he was the only one that could get away with the name. Ashlyn continued to watch him walk away, and toward Nick and Kylie in the kitchen. She saw that Nick was holding Kylie in his arms, as her head was buried in his shoulder.

.....“She shouldn’t be so sensitive, it only leads to people getting hurt,” Ashlyn grumbled as she sat down alone in the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out the other stories that I have in the works right now!!

Forever Yours
A Joe and Nick Story
The continuation from 'My College Roommate...'

In Blind Faith
An Original Story
I've changed some things around, let me know if you like the new look!

Thanks to:

My heart slows down; -- I'm glad that your so understanding! And I'm going to be messaging you right after this with an idea that I had. I think you'll really like it! At least I hope so!!!

ShellyVengence -- An Ashlyn chapter just for your commitment to my stories!! I am really glad that you've been so great and awesome!!! Keep making me laugh and smile, I love it! Helps me get new and creative ideas!!!