Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Kylie & Nick's 'Not-so-Good' News

Image
new banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

.....It was now June and things had been crazy in the Jonas household. Ashlyn was still giving everyone the cold shoulder. She and Joe hadn’t even looked at each other since their fight. Joe soon left for Africa, Jeremiah has been cranky since Joe left, and Payton was doing great things as the Jonas Brother’s personal assistant. Kevin and Dani were stronger then ever, even though dealing with Ashlyn hasn’t been easy. Nick and his dad had left for London, much to Kylie’s dismay, and Kylie has just been trying to keep an upbeat attitude, which became harder everyday.

.....Currently Kylie, Denise, and Payton were sitting in the doctor’s office waiting for Dr. Carlson to enter the room. Since Payton had entered into the Jonas household, she really had become like an older sister to Kylie. Nick has been gone for the last several weeks and Payton has done her best to replace the emptiness that Kylie often feels from Nick being gone.

.....“Miss Martin,” Dr. Carlson said in acknowledgment as he entered the room. Kylie gave a small smile, feeling very nervous. “Miss Martin, Mrs. Jonas, I have to be honest. I don’t like the how slow you’re progressing,” he said as he placed an X-Ray onto the light screen. Kylie looked at the X-Ray that was taken when she was first diagnosed.

.....“As you can see, this is what Kylie’s cells looked like when the cancer was first discovered,” he said as he pointed to the blotches that the MRI has discovered. He then took that film off, and placed the next one on. “This film shows Kylie after she was placed into remission. As you can see, the cancer had managed to spread, but not by much.” He took that film off, and placed another film onto the screen. “These are Kylie’s cells after she came out of remission. As you can see, her body was starting to attack itself because of the cells.” The doctor pointed out the area’s that he was talking about.

.....“The regiment that Kylie is on now, is helping the cells to slow down,” he explained as he placed the last film onto the screen. “But they aren’t stopping.” The doctor pointed another area out on the new film. Kylie looked down at the ground. Now would be the time that Nick would take her into his arms, and tell her something encouraging, but Nick was in London and Kylie felt her emotions getting the best of her.

.....Dr. Carlson looked over at Denise and Kylie. “Kylie I would like to place your name on the Bone Marrow Registry, hopefully we will find a match, but it might be hard to come by, since we don’t have any family members to test. What I would like to do is place Miss Martin on the priority list, which means that when a match of thirty-five percent or higher comes in, we will test it against her own marrow.”

.....“I am sure that everyone in our family will be more then willing to get tested,” Denise said.

.....Dr. Carlson nodded, “When it doesn’t evolve family members we like to ask that all willing ‘possible donors’ be at least fourteen or older,” he inform in a professional manner.

.....“That is completely understandable,” Denise agreed.

.....“We also will need a signed note from the legal guardians that are willing to get tested.” Kylie watched as he handed Denise a bunch of paperwork. She knew that she should have asked some questions, but it was hard to get any words out.

.....“Mrs. Jonas, until she is cleared, I’m afraid that Kylie will not be able to travel with you. If we find a match within the next week, she should be cleared for travel, but until then, we are going to have to insist that Kylie stay within the hospital, in order to keep her free of infection.” Denise looked over at Kylie, who was about to lose all control over her emotions. “Kylie will be allowed forty-eight hours to gather her things, and give any last good-bye.” Kylie’s control was starting to give.

.....“I’ll let you take her home now,” the doctor said as he quickly left the room. After he was gone, the tears started to roll down Kylie’s cheeks. Payton and Denise watched hopelessly as Kylie let the silent tears roll down her face. Payton was quick to pull Kylie into her arms as they walked out of the room, and toward the front doors. They got Kylie into the car and then both looked at each other.

.....“Which one of us should call Nick?” Payton asked silently, looking back at her friend.

.....“I’ll do it, since I’m going to have to let my husband know as well,” Denise said with frown.

.....“All right, then I will help Kylie pack,” Payton said.

.....“You better call Joe as well,” Denise said knowing that her other son would need to be told. Payton nodded as they both got into the car, both dreading the things that they were going to have to do next.

.....***

.....Nick was getting ready to do his last show of the night for Les Miserables when he heard the phone ring, in the house that he and his dad were currently renting. Nick let his dad go ahead and answer the phone, while he went over his lines one last time.

.....“…Denise. What am I supposed to tell him?” Nick heard his dad whisper in the other room. Nick got closer to the room and quietly listened in. “No Denise, tonight is his last performance, I think it would be best if we waited until tonight to tell him. I will book us some tickets for the red-eye and Nick and I can be there sometime around noon. What time does she need to check in?” he asked. There was silence for a moment. “She has forty-eight hours ‘til she has to check in, it will give Nick plenty of time to get there,” Paul tried to reason. “No Denise, Nick signed up to do this, and I will not have him give it up before he finishes it. We will see you in about eighteen hours, Denise,” Paul said as he hung up the phone. Nick walked into the room and frowned.

.....“What did mom want?” Nick asked with a concerned look. Paul sighed as he looked at his son.

.....“Your mom called to let us know that Kylie is going to have to go into the hospital,” Paul said as he watched his son’s face fall.

.....“Why, what’s happened to her?” Nick asked as he tried to keep his composure together.

.....“Nothing’s happened…” Paul hedged. “She is being admitted as a bone marrow patient. According to your mom, Kylie’s cancer is not progressing the way the doctors wanted it to, so they have to go with the next plan for her.” Paul watched his son start to lose his edge.

.....“Dad, we have to get home, I have to get to Kylie,” Nick said as he thought about the girl he loved. He knew that Kylie must have placed herself in a real bind by now. “She’s going to need me,” Nick tried to explain as he saw his dad begin to shake his head.

.....“Maybe so, but you have a commitment to this play first, Nick,” Paul said, knowing that he was going to put his foot down.

.....“I doubt that I would be able to focus knowing what I do about Kylie,” Nick argued. “I don’t think it would be fair on my fans and the audience to sit there watch me struggle through something when my mind is focusing on some one else.” Paul looked at his son as Nick made a sound argument.

.....Finally Paul nodded in agreement, “Alright son, I’ll purchase our tickets and call the director.” Nick smiled at his dad and then ran to his room to pack.

.....“Don’t worry too much, Kylie, I’m coming home,” Nick whispered as he grabbed all of his things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so Kylie is headed back to the hospital! And since she will be there while the boys are on tour, she is going to need some company!

Image
Meet Sarah Rayne, she is 16 and will be turning 17 in September (September 21, 1993). Sarah can be a bit random at times, saying things before thinking about them, but deep down she is sweet and would never hurt a fly! Sarah is suffering from bone cancer that is currently (and thankfully) only in her leg. She is undergoing her first round of Chemo.

(Note: Bone Cancer can spread very fast if it is not caught early enough. Without treatment Bone Cancer can and will kill you quickly. Bones are easily broken and very, very fragile.)

I decided to add a character for My heart slows down; because she has made me two banner's and has been a very active fan! I also felt bad for screwing up her name on the last banner she made, and I felt that giving her a character would be my way of saying sorry! I hope that you will enjoy this new character! Look for her within the next couple of chapters!

Thanks to:

ch33rali101 -- Thank you so much! I am so glad that you love it!
mama-val -- I don't have any nieces or nephews, but I know that my sister misses my children a lot. She lives in Sacramento which is about ten hours away from me. She tries to come down as often as possible, but she doesn't get to see the girls as often as she likes.
Breathless Tallie -- I love the way Ashlyn is turning out. She is a lot of fun to write about. But I'm glad you're seeing the attitude that I wanted her to convey
ShellyVengence -- Don't worry - I was without Internet too for a whole week. Our cable blew a fuse...so stupid. I have to say that Ashlyn is turning into one of my favorite characters to write. I've never tried writing about a girl with attitude before, and it's a fun new learning experience! Thanks for giving me some awesome ideas!!