Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Nick's Gift

.....
.....Kylie was sitting on her bed when she saw the mail man stop in front of her room. She never got mail and just the idea that her letter had been answered was exciting. The man knocked on her door before entering with a smile.

.....“Are you Kylie Martin?” he asked in a kind manner. Kylie nodded and he handed her a package. He then left the room and Kylie sat starring at the package before ripping it open. Inside was a letter and Kylie opened it, before digging into the package. She read the letter and smiled.

.....Someone had answered her, this Nick sounded like a kind soul, and Kylie knew that he understood her to a degree. He understood the pain and the suffering. Kylie didn’t know anything about his band, but she was excited to find out. Maybe Nick would tell her everything. Kylie placed the letter down, and looked into the box. There in the middle was a Christmas wrapped present; it had been years since she gotten any presents outside of the hospital. She lifted the present out of the box and fingered it gently. She then pulled off the paper and gasped. Inside was a wonderful wig and a scarf. He had also placed a note.

Kylie,

.....I may not know what you look like, but my mother and I spent hours in a local wig saloon, picking out a wig that we thought would fit you. It is made of real hair. I have curly hair, and I tried picturing what I thought you would look like. I do not believe you are a blonde, and the moment I saw this wig I knew it had been made just for you.

.....The scarf is one that I had picked up on our world tour last summer. I have no idea why I had picked it up at the time, but I knew it was meant for someone special. I really do hope that you enjoy them, and as soon as you are comfortable, I do hope that you send me a picture of you in the wig.

.................................................................................................Nick


.....Kylie smiled. The wig was a wonderful chocolate brown color, going down to the shoulders, in light curls. Nick was right, it would fit her perfectly. The scarf was made from delicate lace. Kylie wrapped it around her head and walked over to her mirror. She smiled into the mirror and admired the beauty of the colors. She ran to her desk and began writing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I left it off here for a reason! Next chapter will be out soon!!!

Thanks to:

Komaki -- I'm very picky about my fan-fic's as well. I have this rule that if you can't capture me within the first chapter, then I find it hard to get into the rest of the story. Sometimes I try to continue, sometimes I just give up. I guess it all really just depends on my mood!!
ibelievemyself -- I'm glad you are liking the story so much! The idea just came to me, and I knew I had to write it!
Rock My World;; -- Thanks again!! For the comment!!
bLuLoVeR33 -- Thank you so much. We are getting ready for the baby... just over 4 weeks left, and I am so ready to be done!!
mama-val -- I should have stated that I was leaving it at a cliff hanger. As you have seen, I mention the gift in this chapter!! I hope this clears that up!!!