Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Kylie & Nick get to know Sarah/Meet Sarah

Image
new banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Kylie was sitting on her bed reading when Sarah was wheeled back into the room. Kylie looked up and placed her book back down on the side table. Sarah was in cast and wasn’t allowed to walk. Having bone cancer makes her vulnerable to breaks – like the one she has now.

.....“How are you feeling?” Kylie asked as the orderly helped Sarah onto her bed.

.....“Like I’ve been poked and prodded,” Sarah replied as she leaned back onto her pillow.

.....“You get used to it,” Kylie offered with a smile.

.....“Yes…at least I still have my hair…well most of it.”

.....“Sarah, it may suck, but they’ve come a long way in drugs and technology. They can help you more now then they could of a decade ago. I mean I’ve been battling this since I was thirteen, and the fact that I’m still alive is nothing short of a miracle.”

.....It’s been about a week since Kylie was admitted into the hospital. She loved her roommate, who was kind, but sometimes let the situation get her down. Kylie remembered being like that in the beginning, so she said nothing on the matter. Just as she was losing herself in thought, Sarah screamed her voice sounding shocked. Kylie looked up and smiled.

.....“How’s my girl?” Nick asked as he walked into the room. Kylie felt her heart begin to flutter as Nick walked to her bed and gently kissed her forehead.

.....“You…you know…Ni…Nick Jonas?” Sarah asked in disbelief. Kylie had forgotten that her roommate had yet to meet her boyfriend. Every time Nick came to visit, Sarah was either sleeping or in the Chemo lab. Kylie smiled.

.....“Nick, meet Sarah,” Kylie said. Nick walked over to Sarah’s bed and held out his hand.

.....“Pleased to meet you,” Nick said kindly as Sarah shook his hand. Kylie smiled at the stunned expression that seemed to be glued on her roommates face.

.....“I…you…yeah,” Sarah replied. Kylie giggled as Nick walked over and sat on Kylie’s bed. Sarah who seemed to have lost it just starred at her hand. Nick turned to Kylie his face serious.

.....“How are you?” he asked with concern. Kylie smiled. She took Nick’s hand in her own, and linked them together.

.....“Better,” Kylie said.

.....“I know, I missed you too,” Nick said. Kylie smiled and just leaned back into her pillow. Having Nick around always brightens her day. Sarah finally looks up from her hand and over at Kylie, her glances going to Nick every now and then.

.....“Are you two…dating?” Sarah wanted to know. Nick and Kylie looked at each other, and Kylie shrugged. She’d let Nick decide what to say.

.....“Can you keep a secret?” Nick asked tearing his gaze from Kylie to look over at Sarah.

.....“Yes,” Sarah nodded. “I’m like one of your biggest fans,” she said with an eager smile.

.....“Yes we’re dating…but since I’m leaving for tour and Kylie is here in the hospital, we don’t want it getting out, because all that matters is Kylie getting better. If she’s having to deal with press or fans it might ruin her focus,” Nick said, his eyes never leaving Sarah’s as he explained.

.....“Oh…that’s so romantic,” Sarah sighed. Kylie giggled again. Nick just laughed and turned back to Kylie.

.....“Has the doctor visited today?” he asked. Kylie shook her head.

.....“He’ll be around before dinner. What time do you have to be back?” she asked. Nick didn’t even look at his watch before answering.

.....“I don’t…I’m spending the day with you,” he replied. Kylie’s eyes lit up. Nick lifted their linked hands and brushed some of her ‘hair’ behind her ear. She loved it when he did that. Kylie knew that Nick didn’t care that she had no hair, but he made her feel special by just doing touching moments…like acting like her wig was real hair. Nick then turned to Sarah. Kylie smiled; it was sweet that he didn’t want to leave her roommate out of the conversation.

.....“So Sarah, tell me about yourself,” he said. Sarah starred at Nick. It was clear that she was once again speechless.

.....“What do you like to do for fun?” he tried again.

.....“Weren’t you saying that you like to watch movies?” Kylie asked, trying to help her roommate out. She knew how it felt to be speechless when meeting Nick for the first time.

***

.....Sarah didn’t know what to say…she was even beginning to forget her own name. This is stupid, she told herself. He’s just a person…a normal, everyday…oh who was she kidding? It was Nick ‘Freaking’ Jonas. He wasn’t just a normal person…he was a rock star and he was talking to her…to Sarah Rayne…this was ridiculous.

.....“Sarah?” Sarah looked over suddenly. Crap they were trying to talk to her. What did they ask…think Sarah…think. Kylie giggled and Sarah began to get embarrassed. She looked from the corner of her eyes and watched as Kylie got out of the bed and gently kissed Nick’s cheek. She then walked over and sat on Sarah’s bed. Kylie took Sarah’s hands into her own and Sarah looked fully up.

.....“I know what its like,” Kylie said with a kind smile.

.....“Really?” Sarah whispered still feeling foolish. She was all about first impressions and now she’s blown it.

.....Kylie nodded, “When I was brought into the Jonas household, Nick was staring at me. It made me nervous. Honestly I didn’t know who he was. I knew of Nick Jonas. I knew I was staying with the Jonas family until my eighteenth birthday, but the two didn’t click. Not until I started talking about the wonderful man I’d met through a letter. I wanted to find him…to meet him, and then when Nick told me that I had found him…without even trying…I was floored.” Kylie looked over at Nick and Sarah followed her gaze. It was clear that they were in love. Sarah liked that Nick looked at Kylie like no one else mattered.

.....“We were both pretty surprised. I had no clue that my parents were planning to bring her to live with us,” Nick agreed.

.....“And then, when I learned that he cared for me…not as a sister…not just as a friend…but as something more, I was knocked off my feet. I went through all sorts of feelings. I wasn’t whole. I’m just a stupid girl. There is no way that Nick Jonas would care for me. But I was wrong. He does care for me. He shows me in every way.” Kylie patted the hand that she was holding. “You don’t have to worry about what Nick will think of you,” she then promised. Sarah smiled and then nodded. Kylie was right. It was stupid to feel embarrassed over something so small. She looked over at Nick, and he gave her a kind smile. Sarah smiled back and then looked over at Kylie.

.....“So what was the question?” Sarah asked with a laugh. Everyone laughed with her and Sarah felt better. They talked for a while and then Kylie leaned back.

.....“Nick, you should sign Sarah’s cast. Her friends would get a kick out of that,” Kylie suggested. Sarah’s smile brightened. All of her friends would be jealous that she got to meet Nick Jonas.

.....“Is that okay?” Nick asked looking over at Sarah. Sarah nodded. She liked that he didn’t belittle her. She liked that when ever he asked her a question he always looked into her eyes. It showed Sarah that he was respectful. It was clear to see that it was true…his parents did raise him right. Nick let go of Kylie’s hand, and walked over to Sarah. She handed him several markers.

.....“Have at it,” Sarah said. She heard someone shuffling around and then saw Kylie taking pictures.

.....“Your friends won’t believe you, unless we have proof,” Kylie said with a shrug. Nick laughed and continued to sign Sarah’s cast. When he was finished Kylie looked at it.

Sarah,
.....Thanks for being there for Kylie, while we have to be away. I know I feel better knowing that she won’t be all alone. Get Better Soon! Nick Jonas


.....“All right, Nick, sit next to Sarah. She needs a picture of the two of you. Some for her board, and some to show off to her friends,” Kylie said. Nick laughed at her, but followed her instructions. Kylie took several more pictures before smiling with satisfaction. “I’ll have these printed just as soon as I have glossy paper.”

.....“I’ll bring some for you tomorrow,” Nick promised. Sarah smiled. She wished that she had someone like Nick to love and care for her. Maybe someday, Sarah thought as the drugs she was taking quickly tired her out and forced her to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I noticed that the story was hard to read since it was so far into the corner, so I decided to fix it...let me know if this is easier to read and see!

Breathless Tallie -- It's been fun talking to you!! Since I already messaged you about what you said...I don't know what else to say...lol...

gugu1995 -- I'm glad your loving it!! I really enjoy writing!!