Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

A Starter Goodbye/A longer Bet

Image
new banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Nick sighed as he hugged Kylie as tight as he could – without hurting her. They were leaving the next day for tour and this was the last time that Nick and Kylie would be seeing each other…for at least three months. Nick was emotional, and he didn’t want to leave, but he couldn’t disappoint his fans. It wasn’t fair to them.

.....“I’m going to miss you,” Kylie said as they slightly pulled away to look at each other. Nick leaned in and gently kissed Kylie on the lips. Kylie returned the kiss with a sigh. When Nick pulled away he noticed a single tear rolling down Kylie’s face. He pulled one hand away from her waist and wiped away the tear.

.....“I’m going to miss you too,” Nick whispered resting his forehead on hers. Kylie sighed and then leaned up for another kiss. Nick tasted salty tears as they kissed – a mixture of his…and hers. Nick pulled Kylie closer in order to deepen the kiss. It was a simple kiss, but one that showed all the emotion that they both felt. When they finally pulled away they were both breathless. Nick smiled and once again kissed her lightly.

.....“I love you,” he then whispered softly, saying the words for the first time. Kylie gasped and looked up. Her eyes fresh with tears were bright with emotions.

.....“Oh Nick,” Kylie whispered. “I love you too.” Kylie pulled Nick in for another hug and held onto him tightly. They were both silent for a while…once again just content with holding onto each other tightly. “How long have you known?” Kylie asked her voice surprisingly firm even though Nick knew that her emotions had to be as raw as his was.

.....“I’m pretty sure I knew the moment I met you. I knew that I wanted to be with you, and that there was no other girl for me,” Nick said.

.....“I think I knew the moment you wrote me back. You became my first true friend and that was when I knew that we’d meet someday. Of course I thought it would be happening later in life, but I’m glad that you’re parents took me in,” Kylie said.

.....“I’m glad too. It’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me,” Nick replied.

.....“Remember to call me everyday…”

.....“…And text when I can’t call,” Nick finished. Kylie just nodded against Nick’s shoulder. “You do the same.”

.....“You can guarantee it,” Kylie promised. Just then, Nick’s mom walked into the room. Nick pulled away from Kylie and allowed his mom to say her goodbyes.

.....“I’ll be right back,” Nick promised before leaving the room. Sarah was in the rec room, and Nick wanted to talk to her before he left.

.....“Hey Sarah,” Nick said as he walked up to her. Sarah looked up and smiled.

.....“Hey Nick,” she replied. “My friends saw your signature and the pictures yesterday…they were very jealous,” she said with pleasure in her eyes. Nick smiled. He was glad that he was able to give her something.

.....“I’m glad…tell them I said ‘hi’ next time you see them,” Sarah nodded in agreement. “Sarah listen…I need you to do me a huge favor,” he said wanting to get right to the point of his looking for her.

.....“Sure,” Sarah said.

.....“Can you…can you just watch her for me?” he asked, his voice struggling. Sarah smiled again.

.....“Of course Nick,” Sarah agreed without thought. “I know you love her…I’ll look out for her,” she promised. Nick sighed with relief and then handed her a folded up paper.

.....“If anything should happen…to either of you…please call any of these numbers until you get a hold of me,” Nick said. Sarah took the paper and opened it.

.....“And someone will answer at least one of these?”

.....“Yes,” Nick nodded, “Just start at the top of the list and work your way down. Someone will answer,” he promised. Sarah nodded. “And…” he hesitated. “Please don’t tell Kylie about this. Right now the last thing she needs is knowledge of my freaking out.”

.....“Promise…not a word.”

.....“Thanks,” Nick said as he turned.

.....“And Nick?” Nick turned to face Sarah.

.....“Good luck on tour,” she said with a smile. Nick laughed and just nodded. Kylie would be in good hands with Sarah. He was glad for that. Nick walked back to Kylie’s room, ready to spend his last remaining hours with her. He would miss her, but knowing that she loved him just as much as he loved her, made the idea being away from her okay. Not easy…it would never be easy for Nick to be away from Kylie, but with the knowledge of her love, he at least had something worth coming home for. That was powerful enough for the both of them.

***

.....David watched, in amusement, as Ashlyn packed with a fury rage in the corner of her room. She had tried to talk Kevin into letting her stay in Texas, but Kevin – being Kevin – didn’t like that idea. He seemed to believe that if Ashlyn was left alone she’d turn into some crazy, horny teenager – which of course she was. But David felt it was best to keep that to him self. His time with Ashlyn was almost over. So far he was winning – Ashlyn was no closer to landing Joe – while David seemed to be fairing very well as her boyfriend. To be honest David was looking forward to having a personal slave for a month.

.....“So…” David started interrupting Ashlyn’s rant. She looked over at David with a pissed expression on her face. David just shrugged. “Have you thought about how you wanted to break up?” he asked with a smirk.

.....“We can’t break up…Joe isn’t mine…yet,” Ashlyn replied in a surprisingly calm manner.

.....“We made a month worth bet. If you want to up the time you have to up the bet,” David replied. Oh how he was loving this game. Ashlyn once again glared.

.....“And what…dare I ask…do you want now?” she asked. David put his finger to his chin in mock thought. He’d been thinking about his ante for weeks. He knew she was going to want more time, and now she was playing the game with him.

.....“Well we’ll go for as long as it takes, but for each week that I have to remain your boyfriend you have to do something nice for someone else,” David said. Ashlyn gasped in horror.

.....“Nice?” she asked in disbelief.

.....“It will do you some good,” David said with a grin. “It will show Joe your softer side and a plus it will make me laugh knowing that you are doing something so humane.”

.....“Why don’t you have to do anything?” Ashlyn asked.

.....“Because I already won the bet, I lasted as your boyfriend, and you didn’t get Joe. So therefore you have to be my slave. But I think this will be much more fun!”

.....“I don’t wanna,” Ashlyn whined.

.....“Fine…” David stalled. “Then have fun getting Joe all by yourself,” he replied carefully standing up. He slowly walked to the door – as if he was leaving – and counted to five. By the time he had reached four Ashlyn stopped him.

.....“Wait,” she called. David turned doing his best to hide his pleased smile. “Fine…you win.” David nodded and sat back down on the chair he had just left.

.....“Good…I look forward to the challenge,” he teased. Ashlyn just stuck her tongue at David making him laugh. Things were good, now if only he could learn more about that Payton girl. She intrigued him in a manner that no girl had before – which both excited and nerved him.

***

.....Kylie was lying on her hospital bed, in Nick’s arms watching TV. He was leaving in a couple hours and she wanted to be in his arms for as long as possible. His hand was moving up and down her arm, sending shivers up and down her body, but Kylie didn’t mind. She was enjoying those shivers because she knew that it would be a while before she felt them again. Soon she fell asleep in Nick’s arms. She never wanted to let him go.
♠ ♠ ♠
ShellyVengeance -- lol I'm glad your shaking from excitement!! I'm shaking too!

Breathless Tallie -- Very true...I would love to have my characters lives sometimes!

dancelvr556 -- I love this story too!!!