Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Nick and Kylie's Discovery

Image
new banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Nick looked up when his mom entered the room.

.....“What’s up mom?” he asked quietly knowing that Kylie had finally fallen asleep.

.....“Frankie, Jeremiah, and I are going to be staying here,” she whispered softly. Nick was shocked but he nodded.

.....“Nervous?”

.....“I just worry about her being here without family. Your dad and I talked about it, and then talked to her social worker,” Denise sighed. Suddenly Nick was concerned. “Supposedly there is this man in Colorado and he’s claiming that Kylie is his daughter. Miss Bidderman wasn’t going to call us, because she said it wasn’t an issue…yet. But apparently this man…well…he wants Kylie and is planning to take his case to court. After that your dad and I decided it was best if I was here. Your dad had a feeling that this man would try to take Kylie while we were over seas.” Nick listened in disbelief.

.....“I thought her parents died in the car accident when she was five,” Nick finally replied.

.....“It would seem that the man they found Kylie’s mom with was someone else. After talking with Miss Bidderman, she believes that Kylie and her mom were running away from her abusive husband. Apparently Kylie isn’t her real name.” Nick didn’t know what he was supposed to say.

.....“Kylie doesn’t remember anything before the accident,” he said. Denise sighed.

.....“I know son, Miss Bidderman says that could make things worse, but she does believe that since Kylie is almost seventeen any judge would listen to her. Miss Bidderman is also sure that this man doesn’t have the necessary means to afford her medical care,” Denise explained.

.....“What happens if this man wins and he really is abusive?” Nick asked.

.....“I don’t know son…it’s why I’m staying here. We’ll have a better chance if I’m here. It’s better for everyone if Kylie doesn’t have to worry about a bitter man. Miss Bidderman says she’s doing all she can on her end and hopefully this man won’t win.” Nick sighed and pulled the sleeping Kylie closer to him.

.....“I don’t want to lose her mom,” Nick whispered.

.....“I know, son. We’ll do all we can,” she promised. Nick nodded. It really was all they could do. He refused to lose her and that was all that mattered.

.....“Why is Jeremiah staying?” Nick asked remembering his moms comment about who was staying with her.

.....“Payton is worried about her brother being on tour, so when I decided Frankie was staying with me, I offered to keep Jeremiah as well. That was neither boy would be bored and lonely. They really do seem to get alone great.” Nick nodded. He looked down at his girlfriend and then back up at Kylie.

.....“She’ll need to know,” he said.

.....“I know…we’ll tell her as soon as she’s up,” Denise promised.

.....“She’s up,” Kylie whispered. Nick looked down in shock. Kylie sat up and leaned against Nick’s shoulder. “What do I need to know?” she asked. Nick listened as Denise explained everything all over again. Kylie sat there in shock, holding Nick tighter as each minute passed.

.....“What’s my supposedly real name?” Kylie finally asked.

.....“Mikayla Lynn Baron,” Denise replied.

.....“Mikayla…” Kylie tasted the name. “No…I don’t feel like a Mikayla…and it doesn’t sound familiar. Neither does that last name,” she said. “I know I don’t remember much from before the accident…but I remember the accident very clearly. My dad was driving us to this new house that he’d bought. Mom was excited. I remember it was the first I’d seen her happy in a long time. My mom…I remember now was a very depressed person. It used to worry my dad. He was the one who used to call me Kylie. Kaylin was a family name, and I remember my dad hated it. It’s sad that this man lost his wife and child, but I’m sure that I’m not his daughter. I look like my mom…I know that…but my dad always used to say that I had his attitude. How can this Mr. Baron be my dad when I remember my own dad reading me stories at the age of three?” Kylie then asked. Nick knew that she was deep in thought. She was trying very hard to remember all she could.

.....“It’s okay,” Nick whispered against her forehead. “You’ll remember,” he promised. Kylie sighed and rested her head under his chin. Nick loved the feel of Kylie in his arms. She sat quietly relaxing to the sound of his heartbeat. Soon she was asleep again. Nick was grateful that she was able to sleep, the Chemo was making her very ill and he couldn’t wait till the day she never had to use the stuff again.

.....“We’ll figure something out,” Denise promised as she slowly walked out, allowing Nick and Kylie some last minute quiet time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Breathless Tallie -- You know until you said that I hadn't really written how they handled being apart. But right after I read your comment I went in and added that chapter.

dancelvr556 -- Aww yes her list! We'll be seeing it again soon!