Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Kylie's 2nd Letter

..............................................................................January 2, 2010

Dear Nick,

Happy New Year!

.....I was so excited to get your letter and gifts. It was the first time I had been given a gift from someone outside of the hospital, and I was touched by you and your mother’s kindness. Please thank her for me and know that I shall wear both often. Not having hair can sometimes be an issue and place a damper on ones self esteem.

.....Beginning where I last left off, I started my new regimen of drugs the same day that I was placed into the hospital. That night I was fine, but the next morning the sickness began. The IV drug was the worse. After it was over, I would be sick for hours, just trying to remember happy thoughts, because I had been told that they would help. Let me be the first to say, that you can think of all the happy thoughts you want, but when you are in the middle of puking your guts out, nothing will help the pain go away. It took the doctors over five months to find a drug that would work for me. After that it was another two months before I declared healthy enough to head back to the orphanage.

.....I was then declared an outpatient, having to come in once a week for the three hour IV. By the time I had been battling this disease over almost a year I was given good news. I was in remission. The cancer had stopped growing and now instead of coming in once a week, I only ever needed to come in once every other month for the drugs. The doctors declared that doing this, would help the cancer stay in remission. So I went in for six weeks with the drug, and then had three weeks of no drugs.

.....Thankfully the IV drug does not kill your hair, so I was beginning to get some nice fuzz on my head. I had been remission free for about six months when they stated that I no longer needed the IV drugs, but I was informed that I would still be coming in every three months for checks to insure that the cancer was not growing.

.....When I was fifteen in a half, I learned that I was no longer in remission. It was decided that I would once again go onto the chemo, in order to help the cancer. They placed me on the same regimen as before, only to learn that my body no longer functioned with it. The cancer had become smarter. They had to once again find a regimen that would work, and to date they haven’t managed to find the drug that will work, and are now considering placing me on the bone marrow list. The only issue with that is I have no known family members, so they have to go based on someone that would work with my body. Without a DNA match, it will be tougher for the marrow to work, but it is the best hope that I will have for survival.

.....So enough with that, hopefully now we can get started on truly getting to know each other. You mentioned in your last letter that you and your brothers formed a very well known band, and I am afraid that I have to be honest when admitting that I have never heard of the ‘Jonas Brothers.’ What can you tell me about your band? What makes you popular? Your looks? Your style of music? Your attitude? Maybe all of those?

.....My favorite food is homemade mac and cheese. My favorite Ice Cream is anything with cookie dough.

.....What do you like to do in your spare time?

.....I really don’t get to do much, but I love knitting. I know it seems strange, but for me knitting is a release. If you haven’t tried it, you should, it can be very relaxing at times.

..........................................................................................Your friend,
.................................................................................................Kylie


.....Kylie put down the letter, placing it into her desk for safe keeping. She walked over to where her yarn and needles were, pulling out several colors. She then sat down and began knitting.

.....Nick leaped when he heard the doorbell, followed by his mother’s call. He ran downstairs and into the kitchen. There on the table was a package.

.....“I believe that you got a package from Kylie,” she said with a smile. Nick smiled too and walked over to the table. He lifted the package and opened it. Pulling out the letter first he read what Kylie had to say. He smiled a little, even though a few tears fell down. He then handed the letter to his mom and looked deeper into the package. Inside was two tissue wrapped items with letters taped to both. One read for Nick, the other for Nick’s mom. Nick handed one to his mom and took the other. He opened the letter and read.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I am currently working on a lot of projects. As most of you, who crossed over my my Joe Jonas story, know I am working on the Wedding Special and Sequel. The Wedding Special (or rather the first part) will be out on Friday (so long as I don't end up going into labor). I pretty much have the Wedding Special finished, but I have enough at least to make the first post!

I have one project in the works that I am collabing with another Mibba author, but that will not be out until sometime after I have this baby.

I am also working on a story that is an original story that I plan to post within the next couple weeks. I want to get a little further first!

Also don't forget to check out the links in the FINAL chapter of My College Roommate is a... Jonas!?! and vote for your favorite Wedding Dress!!!

Thank you too:
hollyanne;; -- Thank you!! I hope you enjoy this chapter.
jenlovesJB -- I'm glad you are enjoying it! I have enjoyed writing this story!!
mama-val -- I know the feeling, I can be the same way sometimes!!
Rock My World;; -- I'm glad you think so!!
coolcat2003 -- I really hope it goes far! I have a lot planned for this story!!

Three Stars!!!
Image