Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Boredom, Quiting, & Reprimanded

Image
New banner also made by me!

Image
banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

....."Well Kylie, it looks like we can send you back to your room," Dr. Mullen said as he looked over her chart. Nick was gone, he needed to be back for the tour and once again it was just Kylie and Denise. Kylie nodded.

....."Thank you doctor," she said softly.

....."I hope things go well for you," he replied as he walked out of the room. "Mrs. Jonas, may I have a few words," he then said as he saw Denise walking toward Kylie's room.

....."Of course," Denise said kindly.

....."Mrs. Jonas, Kylie is doing well, the marrow seems to be working, but her spirits are down. She needs to get them back up if she wants to get through this," he informed.

....."I know. My son just left this last week. I'm sure it's taking a toll on her. I'll talk to her. When will she be allowed to leave?"

....."Not for another week or so. I still want to be able to keep a close eye on her. It's important to make sure that nothing will affect the marrow. I'll leave you to talk with her," he then said as he walked away. Denise walked into the room.

....."The doctor is concerned for you," Denise said kindly. Kylie sighed.

....."I know. I'm down; I shouldn’t be down, because it's not good for my fight. Denise…I miss him," she whispered. Denise walked over and quickly hugged Kylie.

....."Oh honey, I know. He misses you too. Nick loves you," Denise assured. Kylie sighed and leaned into Denise. "Nick needs you, Kylie. Kylie my son needs you, more then he needs anyone else."

....."He needs me to get better. We need each other in our lives," Kylie said in a self-assuring manner. Denise squeezed her tightly.

....."You do, you and Nick are meant for each other," Denise agreed.

....."Can I have a moment?" Kylie asked.

....."Of course. I'll be right outside," Denise promised. Kylie looked over at her phone. She quickly dialed Nick's number, but he didn’t answer. She listened to his voice-mail and then the beep.

....."Hey Nick, I was just missing you, and thought we could talk. They are moving into my normal room, so call me. I love you," she said as she hung up. "I love him," she whispered.

***

.....Payton stared at the house.

....."Are you going to go in," David asked as he walked up next to her with Jeremiah in his arms.

....."I'm working on my nerves," Payton said. She looked over at David and Jeremiah. "He can walk," Payton whispered.

....."Oh," David said as he looked over at the boy. He gently placed Jeremiah down and grasped his hand. "You can do this," David reassured.

....."What are we doing, Davy?" Jeremiah whispered.

....."Well bud, your sister is going to come work for me, but she has to tell Mr. and Mrs. Jonas first," David explained.

....."Oh, because Joe hurt my sister?" he asked. Payton sighed.

....."He didn’t hurt me sweetie, but I need a change…we need a change, and you love David," Payton said softly.

....."Are we going to travel with Davy?"

....."You won't be leaving my side," David promised. He then looked back at Payton. "Are you sure they're here?"

....."Yes, Mr. Jonas is meeting the boys later this week. I'm supposed to join him. Let's go," Payton then said. "Wait, stay here with Jeremiah," she then said. "I'll be back." Payton walked into the house.

.....Payton walked toward the home office and knocked. "Mr. Jonas," she called.

....."Payton, come in. I thought you had the week off," Paul said as she walked into the room.

....."I do, Mr. Jonas. I have…I need to quit," Payton whispered. Paul looked up in surprise.

....."Payton," Paul sighed.

....."Mr. Jonas…I can't work with Joe anymore. Did you know that David walked in on Joe and Ashlyn? I mean I know he's a good kid, but sometimes he's an idiot and I can't work with him anymore. I'm sorry Mr. Jonas. Your family has been so good to me, but I need to find something else," Payton said in a hurry.

....."Payton, are you sure?" Payton nodded.

....."I'm sure," Payton replied. "I'm sorry," she said as she walked away. She walked back outside and smiled. "Are you guys ready?" she asked.

....."Let's go," David said.

....."Let's go," Payton repeated.

***

.....Joe kissed Ashlyn softly.

....."I love you," Joe whispered. Ashlyn smiled and leaned in for another kiss. Just then Paul walked in.

....."Payton told me that this had happened," he stated causing Joe and Ashlyn to jump. "I didn’t believe her, but I figured that she wouldn’t just quit for no reason."

....."Payton quit?" Joe asked in shock. Ashlyn frowned.

....."It would seem that after David, Ashlyn's boyfriend, walked in on you two, he offered Payton a job. I have to say that I feel a little ashamed of both of you. You may be in love, but that doesn’t mean that you both can treat people that way. I know that I raised you both better then that," Paul lectured. Ashlyn and Joe looked at each other – guiltily.

....."Paul, we…we didn’t mean for this to happen. And I meant to tell David, before he found out, but he found out before I could tell him," Ashlyn whispered.

....."Maybe not, but next time you both should think about it before you do it," Paul said as he walked out. Joe turned to Ashlyn.

....."I didn’t want Payton to quit because of me," he whispered as he leaned into her shoulder.

....."I never really like hurting people," Ashlyn replied as she rested her head on Joe's. "I love you," she then whispered.

....."I know," Joe replied before leaning in to kiss her. "I know," he repeated softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
My Twitter

haunted silence; -- Best Author on Mibba!!

***

I know...this one was sort of dull...like a filler I guess. I just needed something here...not one of my favorite chapters...

***

ShellyVengeance -- *Takes a deep breath to respond!* ........ I like to call Joe a Serial Dater...it's like he can't allow himself to stay single for a long period. And...just WOW...I knew he dated a lot...but that is a lot of girlfriends for (what is it...three years?)...Yeah...Wow. I don't like Camilla Belle either...I remember the first time I saw her...in that Disney girl surfing movie...I just didn't get her...or like her. I feel that she doesn't help movies...just makes them worse... I do remember the movie (think I own it...*goes to check*...yep I own it! But the movie they had to make her die...people don't like guessing at the end of a romance. But that is why I love the novel so much more, because since it doesn't say exactly when she died, I can imagine Landon and Jamie being together for a long while before she passed...but that's just me!! And don't worry...You didn't give me any ideas...I really don't how it's going to end...but even if I did...I wouldn't ruin it for you (or anyone else!) ... We will have to see...what happens with Payton and Ashlyn... ........ *Lets breath out as she finishes* lol

lizzzzzzx -- Mayybe...maybe not...you'll just have to wait and see!

C'est Moi C: -- I thought the leaving would be a nice twist! I wanted to give Payton something more...and this way (when ......... happens) she'll be able to ...... what you asked!

ASLaddict -- I'm glad that you've loved every chapter so far!!

Kazla -- I know isn't it!! I wrote it, and I can't wait to see what happens next!!