Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Kylie's Choice

Image
New banner also made by me!

Image
banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Payton rolled over and smiled.

....."Morning," she whispered. David opened his eyes and also smiled.

....."Morning," he replied. "Is Jeremy okay?" he asked as he looked over her shoulder. Payton turned slightly and looked at her sleeping brother.

....."Bad dream," she replied, "they happen a lot. I'm sorry," she said softly.

....."Hey," David whispered, "I understand, he's your brother. I know that he will be in our lives and I'm more then willing to be there for him…for you," David promised. He took Payton's face into his hands and held her close. "We'll get our chance," he assured. Payton sighed and leaned forward, kissing him gently.

***

....."She can go home?" Nick asked happily.

....."Yes, her marrow is doing good, and seems to be working. Her scan shows that her cancer seems to be shrinking. We are going to be using an Internal Radiation Therapy to help stop the cancer. It's a radical procedure," Dr. Carlson explained.

....."How does it work?" Nick asked as he pulled Kylie closer.

....."Kylie's type of cancer is an aggressive form, one that can return in a heartbeat if it is not all gotten. So what we have to do is take the radiation and we insert a catheter into her back…"

....."Her back?" Nick asked confused. He didn’t like the sound of that.

....."Acute Myeloid Leukemia likes to form and progress in the marrow and sometimes it even gets into the blood system. Kylie's cancer is located toward the back of her hip or lower back. So what we do is we will take the radiation and insert it directly into the cancer, allowing the cancer to be burned from the inside out."

....."Won't it harm the marrow that she just got?" Nick asked in concern.

....."No, the radiation will be controlled and monitored the entire time. We'd like to get this process done today and then Kylie will be dismissed tomorrow. In two weeks Kylie will come back, and well will see how the cancer is, and if everything is well then it's a good possibility that her cancer will be gone, or in remission," Dr. Carlson said.

....."Remission isn't good, though," Kylie whispered. "I've been in remission twice already, another remission and the cancer will come back…and kill me."

....."I know, Kylie, hopefully this last time and the cancer will be all gone," Dr. Carlson said.

....."I'm tired of fighting," Kylie whispered.

....."Honey, I know," Nick whispered. Kylie looked up at Nick.

....."I can't do this anymore Nick. This has to be my last treatment. If it doesn’t work…Nick I can't….I won't…I mean I don't want any more treatment." Nick sighed and pulled Kylie tighter into his arms.

....."I know…let's just hope for the best," Nick said softly. Kylie nodded.

....."When can we get this over with?" Kylie asked looking up at the doctor.

....."I can get you in and out within an hour. If you're ready," Dr. Carlson said. Kylie looked at Nick and he nodded.

....."Okay, let's get this over with," Kylie replied. Dr. Carlson nodded before leaving. "I'm sorry," Kylie whispered.

....."It's okay," Nick said as he wiped her tears away. "I love you, Kylie. I support your decision, no matter what, as long as you are sure about the decision that you are making. Kylie you are the love of my life, whether you die tomorrow or in fifty years, I will be with you…no matter what," Nick promised as he kissed her tears away.

....."I wish I was turning seventeen tomorrow rather then in two weeks," Kylie whispered. Nick sighed.

....."Me too, I can't wait to marry you. I can't wait for you to become Mrs. Jonas," Nick smiled.

....."You keep saying that."

....."I know…because it's true." Nick pressed his lips against Kylie's.

....."I love you," Kylie whispered as the nurses came in.

....."Are you ready Miss Martin?" Kylie nodded.

....."I love you and I want your face to be the first one I see, when I'm done." Kylie smiled up at Nick.

....."I promise…and I love you too," Nick whispered as he kissed her one last time. "I love you too." Nick kept the smile on his face until she was rolled out of the room. As soon as she was gone the tears began rolling down Nick's face.

....."You okay bro?" Kevin asked as he entered the room. Nick nodded.

....."She wants this treatment to be her last one…it's tough, but I know that it's what she wants. If this treatment doesn’t work…the woman I love is going to die," Nick whispered as the tears continued to fall.

....."Kylie's strong. This will work, this has to work," Kevin said as he patted Nick's back. "She'll be fine. Kylie needs you to believe that," Kevin then added. Nick nodded before sitting in the chair.

....."I'm going to wait for her. Go home to your wife," Nick said as he mustered up a smile. Kevin nodded before leaving the room, leaving Nick to his thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
All right so here is what's happening. I am NOT ending this story any time soon...well in a manner of speaking. Once Kylie and Nick get married, Kylie will no longer be dying alone, so the title just wouldn't make sense...would it?

So what I plan to do, is at chapter 50 this story will come to a close, but I plan to post the sequel as soon as I'm able (I'm hoping it will be within that 24-hour time period). The new story already has a name and several concepts, but I'm not going to post my ideas. Rather once we are closer to the end (like Chapter 49) I will post the link to the new page, and I'll post it as the sequel, so everyone can go and subscribe to the story.

I know it all sounds confusing, but I really think you all will be in for some shocks and surprises and even crazy stuff!

Also I will post the name of the new sequel in the next chapter! And it's a title that isn't for just Kylie and Nick. This story has become about so much more then just the two of them!

So tell me what you think! What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen? I want to know!

***

My Twitter

If you follow me and let me know, I will follow you back!

***

The Return of Avery Harper

Check out my new Jonas story...it won't be posted as often as I post Slowly Dying Alone, but I will try to get to it when I can. Right now I'm really trying to focus on this story, since there's so much to it!

***

Breathless Tallie -- The way I remember it, innocent kids always feel embarrassed having the talk. I hope I managed to convey that feeling! I don't know why he couldn't be at your school...of course if you lived in California...I might be able to hook you up...but he's currently in the Marines and I don't think he's actually in California right now...but he's the sweetest ever! (He's 18 or 19 in case you were wondering...)

lizzzzzzx -- That is so strange...I'm sorry your e-mail didn't notice you, but hopefully it will work for you this time! I know, I felt a twist was needed!

nikkirad -- Thank you for the comment! I really like stories that are slightly different and not like all the other Jonas stories out there!