Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Talking and Surprises

Image
New banner also made by me!

Image
banner made by me!

Image
second banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
second banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by sober heart;

Image
banner made by My heart slows down;

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by ShellyVengence

***

.....Nick was back on tour and it made Kylie sigh. How was it that she felt so empty whenever he was gone? Kylie was used to being alone and all these new feelings were confusing. Kylie had been released from the hospital and was now back at the Jonas house. She still wasn’t allowed to travel, but Denise and Frankie stayed home with her. Dani was going to, but Kevin was worried about her, since she seemed to be very emotional lately. It forced Kevin to make sure that she wasn’t alone.

.....Denise walked into Kylie's room and smiled. "You have a visitor," she said softly.

....."Who?" Kylie asked. Denise just smiled and walked out of the room. Kylie, even though she wished for Nick, knew that it wouldn’t be him and now she was excited to see who it was.

....."Payton," she exclaimed happily as she friend walked into the room.

....."Hey," Payton said as she sat down on the bed. "How are you feeling?"

....."I feel good. They placed me a low dose of Chemo, so I'm not as sick anymore. Well find out soon whether the marrow and radiation worked and then I might be able to get chemo only once every three months," Kylie said. Payton nodded.

....."Denise told me about your decision," she whispered. Kylie sighed.

....."Don't try to change my mind. I know its killing people, but I really am tired of fighting…and I want my hair back," Kylie whispered.

....."I'm not going to try to do anything, so long as you don't hurt me," Payton replied. Kylie looked up.

....."Why would I hurt you?" Kylie asked.

....."I got married," Payton said as she held out her hand. Kylie gasped. She grasped Payton's hand and squealed.

....."To who?" Kylie asked eagerly.

....."David," Payton whispered. Kylie looked up in confusion.

....."I know Nick told me that he caught Ashlyn and Joe kissing, but I didn’t realize that you two were…"

....."We weren't. David found out about Ashlyn and Joe by walking in on them. I was there and things just happened from there. Jeremiah and I joined David in Vegas last week and we just got married." Kylie sighed.

....."Awe, that's so romantic," she said. Payton laughed. “So how long are you in town?”

.....“Indefinitely,” Payton said. “David agreed to move here, so I can continue my college education. It’s also good for Jeremiah since he’s starting kindergarten soon. I’ll be starting Baylor in a couple weeks,” Payton explained. Kylie smiled.

.....“And how do you like married life?” Kylie asked. Payton’s eyes lit up.

.....“David is so sweet, and kind, and caring, and he’s so good to me and Jeremiah,” Payton said. Kylie looked down at her bed.

.....“And…and the sex?” she asked embarrassingly. “I don’t mean to asked, but I’m getting married in under two weeks and I’m not sure I’m ready. How did you know that you were ready?” Payton sighed and took Kylie’s hands into her own.

.....“I was scared, but David was kind about it. He’d done it before, so he wasn’t as nervous as I was. All I can say, is if you're not ready, don't try to force it. Is Nick forcing it?" Payton asked with some concern. Kylie shook her head vigorously.

....."No, Nick wouldn’t do that. He promised me that we wouldn’t have to…if I didn’t want to. It's just…I feel like its part of the marriage. If you're ready for marriage, you're supposed to be ready for sex…right?" Kylie asked. She hated sounding like a silly teenager, but she had no one else that she could turn to.

....."Not necessarily," Payton disagreed. "You have to remember, I was in the same boat you are now. My parents died when I was young and my older brother was the one who had to give me the talk. We were both so embarrassed that we decided that refraining from sex until marriage was the best way to go. You…we could always talk to Denise," Payton then suggested. "I bet she would know what to say."

....."You don’t think she'll find me silly?" Kylie asked.

....."Of course not, Denise is a mother of four boys, three who have been through the hormonal male teenage stage. If anyone would have the answers, it would have to be Denise." Payton got up and grabbed Kylie's hand. "Come on, I bet we both could use her advice," she said as she dragged Kylie down the stairs.

***

.....David was bored, his wife and Jeremiah had gone to visit with Kylie, leaving David in the hotel room all alone. They'd found a house that they liked and would be moving within fifteen days…one of the luxuries of being a celebrity. Both Payton and Jeremiah had loved the house. Payton was in love with the classic designs and Jeremiah was beyond happy that he got not only a pool, but it also had a huge backyard and a place for a swing set.

.....David was lost in thought when someone knocked on the door to the hotel room. David looked over confused but got up. He looked through the peep-hole and was shocked to find Kevin and Dani standing there.

....."Hey guys," David said as he opened the door, only to freeze when he saw Joe standing there too. "Come in," he then offered after a moment. "I'm afraid Payton and Jeremiah are out visiting Kylie." David frowned. "I thought you guys were touring?"

....."We are, but Joe and Kevin had a day off, and I needed to talk to you," Dani said her voice almost panicky.

....."Well come in, and make yourselves at home," David offered politely. "What can I do for you?" David then asked almost cautiously.

....."Is it true…?” Dani whispered. "Is James really coming home?" David eased his stance and nodded.

....."Yeah, he's being discharged sometime next month. Payton is very eager and excited. We should be in the house by then, and she can't wait to get a wing of the house ready for him," David said. Dani groaned causing David to frown.

....."Is something the matter?" he asked. Dani sighed.

....."Did Payton tell you…?"

....."…About you and James? A little…she said there was history, and that finding out you had married someone else might hurt him…worse then finding out that Payton and I married," David said trying hard not to flicker a glance to Joe.

....."Oh this is bad," Dani whispered as Kevin rubbed her back.

....."Are you okay?" David asked with concern. "Should I call Payton? I'm sure she wouldn’t mind coming back here," David asked and assured. Dani just shook her head.

....."Kevin and I had just learned some big news…and then Payton called with the message of her brother. I guess Payton was kind in her explanation to you…” Dani paused for a moment. “James is eight years older then me…I'm sure Payton told you," David nodded in agreement. "Payton was always like a baby sister to me, since I had no siblings of my own. From the time I understood about relationships I knew that James was the one for me. But the age difference made things difficult."

....."I moved away a year or so before Payton's parents died. I was fifteen at the time, James was twenty-three and already in the Army. Before he had left the Army, he asked me to wait for him. I agreed, believing it was love, but then we moved to New Jersey, and I just sort of forgot about James. Years went on and I met Kevin." Dani turned to Kevin and grasped his hands. "James had tried to contact me, when he was out on leave, but by then I had moved on. I've never really broken it off with James, and I worry about what he might say when he arrives," Dani explained.

....."I'm sure he'll be too busy kicking my ass to notice anything," David said with a small smile. Dani laughed.

....."I hope you're taking care of her…she needs love," Dani said as she looked up at David. David smiled.

....."She deserves it," he agreed. "And Payton and I both believe that we will love each other. Granted it will take time, but we're both willing to work it out. I know impulsive weddings don’t usually work, but I truly believe that Payton is the one," David assured his wife's best friend. Dani smiled while Joe's frown just seemed to get deeper.

.....Just then Payton walked into the hotel room. "I left Jeremiah with Denise and Frankie," Payton called from the small hall. "Neither of them where ready to leave each other," she said with a laugh as she walked in. Payton stopped. She looked at everyone and turned to Dani.

....."Are you all right?" Payton asked with concern as she walked over and sat next to her friend. Dani nodded.

....."I was just telling David what I did to your brother," Dani said. "I know I've been an emotional wreck lately and I'm sorry."

....."Don't think twice about it," Payton assured. Dani turned to Kevin, and he nodded.

....."I wanted to tell you…face-to-face…" Dani paused. Payton smiled and waited. David looked at his wife, who looked like she already knew what was going to be said. "I'm pregnant," Dani whispered. Payton squealed and hugged Dani tight.

....."I'm going to be an Aunt," she said excitedly. Everyone laughed – except Joe.

....."I have a meeting," David said as he stood up. "I'll see you when I get home," he added to Payton as he kissed the top of her head. Payton smiled and nodded. "Later guys," David said with a wave. He quickly walked out of the room.

....."David, wait," Joe called. David froze. He knew this day was coming, but he didn’t want it to be in the hall of a hotel. David turned to Joe.

.....“What can I do for you?” David asked carefully.

.....“Sawyer has been asking about you,” Joe said after a moment of hesitation. David frowned.

.....“Why would she care? It’s not like I was really dating her,” David said with a shake of his head.

.....“Look, I haven’t told her about your marriage, I want to, but just like Payton wanted me to know…from her…Sawyer should hear it from you,” Joe said. David snorted.

.....“Right, because I owe her that much. After all…all I did was walk in on her making out with her best friend,” David replied. “Tell Ashlyn, I don’t care…and you can tell her that I don’t owe her a thing,” David added as he walked away. Stupid Joe…
♠ ♠ ♠
Four more chapters to go! I just finished writing chapter 49, and let me tell you...it is long...like 20 pages on word long...so yeah. 48 is almost just as long, so somehow I think you all will be looking forward to things to come!!

***

My Twitter

If you follow me and let me know, I will follow you back!

***

The Return of Avery Harper

Check out my new Jonas story...it won't be posted as often as I post Slowly Dying Alone, but I will try to get to it when I can. Right now I'm really trying to focus on this story, since there's so much to it!

***

Breathless Tallie -- lol Celebrity hunting could be fun! Depending on who we hunt...all I can say is I NEVER want to meet Paris Hilton again...evil with a Capital 'B' -- if you know what I mean!!

And as promised!

Tallie is AWESOME...the Best of AWESOME!!! and the world should know!!!

follow her on Twitter people!!

@Tallielessthan3

lizzzzzzx -- I loved it too! And drama is always worrisome...but what would a good story be without drama?

Live4Music -- I'm glad you love it! I wanted something different. Something that I knew fans would love, but something that was slightly different from everyone else!