Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Kylie's Surprising Discovery

Image
banner made by C'est Moi C:

Image
banner made by Falling.Down

.....“Nick, I’ve placed Kylie in the spare room next to yours. Will you show her where it is?” Nick nodded at his mother and wordlessly turned around. Kylie quickly turned to Denise, but she just shooed Kylie away with her hands, silently telling Kylie to follow Nick. Kylie slowly turned back around, only to see Nick’s eyes on her; she gave a quick sigh and followed him up the stairs. He silently led her down the long hall until stopping in front of a door on the right side of the hall. He turned back to Kylie, and eyed her carefully. It was almost like he was trying to figure out what he wanted to say. He then sighed and just opened the door. He walked in, with Kylie following him. She took in the room, and soon felt tears falling down her face. When Nick looked back, her tears gave him a concerned look.

.....“Are you alright?” he asked carefully, as if afraid of hurting her feelings.

.....“Yeah,” she nodded, “I’ve just never had a room like this, to myself before,” she explained as she took in the room. It was a large room, with a white canopy bed, something she had always dreamed of having. The room was a light pink with a little lace and frill. She normally wasn’t a lace kind of girl, but it was so subtle that it didn’t bother her. Kylie walked up to a nearby dresser and delicately traced the hand painted flowers that were placed in random places.

.....“This was my mom’s dream room,” Nick said, bringing Kylie out of her daze. She turned to him, wide-eyed with interest. “She always wanted a daughter, but got us four boys instead. So when we moved here, she claimed that she had to have her own girl’s room. She never lets anyone sleep in here, so…” he trailed off.

.....“It’s so pretty, almost like a princess fairy tale. It will be an honor to sleep here,” Kylie said gently with a pleased smile.

.....“My mom will be glad you like it,” Nick replied, smiling back. Kylie looked around again and saw several Styrofoam heads sitting on top of a vanity. She walked over to them and smiled at the different styles of hair that were placed on top of the heads.

.....“You’re mom thought of everything,” Kylie said as she picked up a style that was shaped into a bob. Kylie looked into the mirror and fingered the wig sitting on top of her own head.

.....“You wear wigs?” Nick questioned with interest. Kylie nodded.

.....“I have cancer,” she looked at Nick through the mirror and saw a look of compassion, “this wig I have on, was the first and only wig I was ever given.”

.....“Who from?”

..... “My pen pal, I met him by pure fate. I know he lives here in Dallas, and I would love to find him, to thank him for being so understanding,” Kylie said with a small smile.

.....“What if I told you, you were looking at him,” Nick said softly. Kylie looked up at Nick in shock.

.....“What- what do you mean?” Kylie asked, her mind starting to fill her with ideas.

.....“I mean, Kaylin Martin,” Kylie once again gasped at his knowledge of her real name, “it’s me, Nick Jonas,” Nick said softly as he walked up to her. Kylie looked him in the eyes and saw that he was not lying.

.....“Oh,” Kylie gasped, her hand coming up to her face. Silently, Kylie studied Nick, her eyes taking in every detail of him. Kylie smiled once she was sure that she had every memory to detail. “So that’s why your mom must have wanted me,” Kylie then said looking up at Nick.

.....“I swear I didn’t know she was planning this, I was actually trying to plan a visit, which was why you didn’t hear from me. I know my mom felt that you needed a family, that this was something that no one should have to endure alone. I am sure that she and dad came up with idea all on they’re own,” Nick said after thinking about it. Kylie nodded. Before she could say anything else there was a knock on the door. Kylie looked over and saw the man called, Rob, standing with Kylie’s bags in his hand.

.....“Oh, my bags,” Kylie exclaimed. “Thank you so much, Rob,” she said as she walked over to grab them. Nick, who was closer to the door, stepped in front of Kylie and reached for the bags, himself.

.....“Thanks Rob,” Nick said with a smile. Rob nodded, not saying anything, and walked away from the room. Kylie gave a small protest, but Nick wasn’t listening. He walked over to Kylie’s bed and placed the bags on top.

.....“You didn’t have to do that?” Kylie said with a thankful smile.

.....“My mother would have been hurt, if I didn’t,” Nick commented with his own smile. He then helped Kylie unpack, before leaving her room with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:

coolcat2003 -- I am so glad you shared your story with me! My first daughter was born six weeks early at 34 weeks weighing only 4lbs and she also had to stay in the NICU for about two weeks. We were very lucky that there was nothing physically wrong with her, but to this day we have been having learning development issues. I hope that your nephew will continue to grow and feel free to keep me updated on his progress! I love hearing stories like yours! So thank you for sharing!
Lyrically_Challenged -- Thank you so much!
Falling.Down -- lol, I know I just couldn't resist the idea! Thank you so much. Also did you get my message with my character questions? I just want to make sure that I can get your character written in as soon as possible!
C'est Moi C: -- Thank you so much for the comment, I love them both and it's been a joy! I thought the mob idea was funny as well! I just want to make sure that you got my message about your character, because I want to be able to place her in my story asap! I am sorry about your grandmother, I've tried really hard to insure that I stick with the facts. Even though I have never gone through Cancer myself, I've read books, seen others go through it, and felt that it was something I needed to write about. To me making sure that I get my facts right is everything.
mama-val -- Thank you so much for your comment! Having her be a writer would be great, but I don't want her growing up too soon... lol

Also I have a new original story that I will be posting soon, called 'In Blind Faith.' So be on the look out for it!!!