Status: Finished, for the time being.

Some Sort of Game

Chapter Three

Draco paced in the Slytherin common room, his face giving off multiple scowling expressions, he was sick of these sleepless nights. Why Potter? Why does it have to be that stupid brown haired… green eyed…!His thoughts wandered for a moment, dreaming about Harry.

"I hate this! I hate this!" Draco mumbled to himself, snapping back into reality.

He saw how Harry looked at him, not with hate but with hurt and sadness. For a while Draco didn't understand what Potter’s problem was, until his own feeling started to change. At just the thought of Harry, or a simple glimpse of him, Draco felt like his insides were melting. But with this new feeling, Draco had to block everything out, becoming more and more furious around Harry, around everyone. He loathed Harry for bringing on these stupid feelings of his; it was his fault, but then the thoughts started to linger again, about Harry's strikingly green eyes, his soft face, the almost innocence that he carried himself as.

Beyond that hardened shell, the soft emotional side of Draco pushed for him to embrace the feelings. Almost every night he dreamt of Harry, some more intense than others. Draco couldn't control them anymore; lately the feelings had become much stronger. This made him put a face on, and hardened his shell, he didn't want anyone to know about these feelings he had, and Draco didn't want to admit it either, well not to everyone but Harry.

"One day Potter, one day…" he snickered silently to himself, there was ever going to be a move made in any direction with the feelings, Draco would surely take the first one, he would control it all.

He wanted to confront Potter, tell him everything so many times, but he couldn't bring himself to find the right worlds, or even the right time to do it. His image was too important; it went against everything that Draco was. A Malfoy does not have intimate feelings for a Potter; they don’t have anything to do with a Potter period.

"Uhm.. Draco.." a quiet and distant voice said.

Breaking Draco's concentration the small disturbance made him jump and hiss at the young boy in front of the stairway,

"What do you want? Haven't you ever heard of privacy?"

"I.. I.. heard you taking, and I.. I.. didn't…"

"It was nothing! Now get lost! And mind your own business!"

But before the boy could even move an inch, Draco ran passed him up the stairs and straight into his bed. Stupid kid! Draco thought to himself, letting out a sigh. When Draco took the time and really thought about the situation with Harry, it made him feel vulnerable, very vulnerable. But he wasn’t going to let no stupid dumb git, get the best of him never, but Potter had it coming to him.

Draco lay in bed, still and silent, his eyes watched the dark clouds drift pass the full moon, his mind raced about Harry. What I am going to do? He thought to himself. "I wish it was different... I wish you knew." he whispered to himself as his mind drifted off to a place, where his image did not matter.