Status: Finished, for the time being.

Some Sort of Game

Chapter Four

Harry walked silently beside Ron and Hermione, completely out of it. They were off to the class he dreaded the most... Potions. Of course, it had to be the first class of the day, it was one he hated that class, firstly because of Snape, second because of Draco and his team of floozies.

"Harry, you've been so quiet lately" Hermione asked, looking at him with a concerned look on her face.

Harry had been so lost in thought; he had barely heard the concerned commitment. Ron nudged Harry's side, and he answered quickly, snapping out of his trance,

"I... yeah. just a lot going on"

Ron looked at him,

"You and Ginny aren't having problems, are you?"

Ron didn't like to ask Harry, about him and his sister, he was still trying to get use to the fact. But as Harry's best friend he wanted to make sure nothing was wrong, for Harry's sake as well as Ginny's.

"Oh, no not at all…" Harry lied, it’s not like he wanted to lie to Ron and Hermione but he couldn’t tell them about his… his… he didn’t know what to call the situation with Draco.

No not Ginny, never her, she is perfect in every way, but it's me who is, it's me with the problem, Harry thought. Always me.

The secret burned Harry's every being, he didn't want it to be a secret anything more, but he couldn't hurt Ginny, or Ron and Hermione. They reached the class and sat down in their spots. Harry slipped a quick glance at Draco, trying to make it less obvious, but failed, Draco caught his eye. Harry quickly looked away, turning his head back to Snape's attention; he didn't need any more trouble. Harry vowed to himself that he would never speak a word of, or act upon his feelings.

He originally vowed that two years ago, but lately something had started to stir these feelings, beyond his control. Ginny had started to become distant, and Harry was unsure as too why, and was unsure how to approach the situation. Finally, class ended and the three of them got up and started to walk back to the dorms, they made small talk for a bit, when Harry caught a glimpse of Draco slipping into the library,

"Uhm, guys I'll catch up later, I think I want to study in quiet for a while"

And before either of them could say anything Harry was gone, they just stood there and looked at each other.

...

Harry slipped into the library, and casually walked to the back of it, the dim lit aisles of books allowed him to watch for shadows, he then caught a glimpse of Draco's blonde hair. Silently, Harry snuck up behind Draco blocking the way out of the dark aisle.

Draco spun around quickly, and was inches from Harry’s face in a split second, Harry began to open his mouth when made a slight movement and they were locked at the lips. Harry wanted to protest; he almost pushed Draco away when his hands made their way to Draco’s hair and tangled his fingers into it and pushed Draco into the kiss more. There was no breathing, no library, no Hogwarts, there was nothing.

Finally they parted from the deep kiss, they didn’t move just felt their heavy breathing chests against each other’s,

“Is this… some sort of… game to you?” Harry asked, between breaths.