Status: Invisible

My Nightmare's are Another's Dreams

Another New School

I jumped with surprise and punch Alex, hard, on the shoulder.

He grins rubbing the sore spot, i shake my head in disgust.

I look into the room again and see a lady coming towards us, she's really pretty, beautiful even.

"That's my Mother." Alex replies to the questioning look i was giving him. His voice had gone quiet and had a touch of shame to it.

I look at him and back to his parents, "There's no resemblance, at all." i say flatly, he looked completely different.

Alex stared at me. "You really are her then...." he muttered so quietly i only just caught it.

I was about to attack him with questions when he interrupted, "They're my adoptive parents."

I'm sure my mouth literally dropped open, he was an orphan too?

Before we could say anything else my Mother returned with the first aid kit. She guided me over to a dining chair and sat me down, putting antiseptic cream and band-aids on my knees and shins.

Before i realised it, Dad, and Alex's parents were all standing near us. Dad shoots me a questioning look before beginning the introductions.

"Grace, this is Ronald and Jasmine Van Rees." he said indicating the handsome man and women.

Up close they were quite astonishing, even dressed in normal clothes.
Alex's father, Ron, had brown-blonde hair combed up and to the side making him look even more handsome then he already was.
His honey coloured eyes were set just below thin eyebrows he had a regular sized nose over full lips with a stubbled beard and mustache.
He wore a short sleeved grey T-shirt showing his lightly tanned muscled arms. One of them was slightly hidden behind his turned body, so i couldn't make out the tattoo on his arm.

Jasmine was just as stunning, even with the black business suit she wore.
She had long shoulder length hair that tumbled over her shoulders, strands covering one eye. Her eyes were a Baby Blue set under long thin eyebrows, her smile wasn't too large or too small, her nose was the perfect size for her heart shaped head.
She looked perfect.

I nod my head at them, while they chorus 'Hello's.'

"Jas, Ron, this is my beautiful daughter Grace."

I rolled my eyes, could he get anymore embarrassing?

Silence fell and our parents look at each other nervously. Carefully i studied each of their faces, Mum and Jasmine looked excited, eager even. While Dad and Ronald looked grim and displeased.

Alex and i look at each other worriedly, before setting our expressions and listening to what they had to say.

My expression was slightly grim, a frown tugging at my lips, my eyes had narrowed and i stood in a protective position, arms crossed leaning against the table.

The fathers and Alex noticed what i'd done but our Mothers hadn't. All Alex did was frown and cross his arms, head tilted up in a 'superior look' as if he knew what was coming.

Our parents attitudes were really getting annoying, just as i opened my mouth Alex spoke.

"What are you planning?" he said suspiciously to his parents, mostly it was directed to his mother.

I stayed silent, tense waiting for the answer.

Mum and Jasmine shared a happy smile before speaking at the same time.

"Alex, Grace...."

They trailed off before yelling together,

"YOU'RE GOING TO BOARDING SCHOOL!"

Their voices were filled with glee and excitement, it was almost a shame when Alex spoke.

"No." It was that one simple word that fell out of Alex's mouth, that made our parents freeze.

My expression hadn't changed as i watched Jasmine closely, her expression changing so fast i hardly noticed.

"I beg your pardon, Alex?" She questioned him, scowling (It REALLY didn't suit her).

Alex uncrossed his arms and took a step forward.

"I. Am. Not. Going. To. Boarding. School."
♠ ♠ ♠
I want comments from subscribers and new readers!