Status: First Chap

The Last One

Chapter 2

I laid awake for awhile, stunned.
What had just happened? I knew that i just got my blood sucked but i still couldn't believe it. I felt the fang marks and they were there, his saliva had stopped the bleeding but the wounds were still there. What if somebody saw it? How was i suppose to explain it to them?
Wait, the only things that was to see it would be vampires and i don't need to explain myself to a bunch of lowlife vampires. But i couldn't rat the vampire who did it out because he would kill my babies, i know he would.
But what would it matter anyway? Who would do anything about it? Jason? Paul? i doubt it.
I did make it back to sleep and dreamed of nothing.
I was awoken by Paul's voice next to my ear.
"Bliss, wake up." My eyes flashed open and i jumped up. "Whoa, its okay I'm not going to hurt you." He said holding his hands up.
It was daytime, i have never slept that long in years
"Its time to get dressed. You need to become familiar with all the vampires so they know that you are untouchable."
I actually got to choose what i wore and after going through everything i picked a pair of jeans and a simple tank top. I slid on the flats and brushed my hair and walked out of the room. Paul was waiting for me and grabbed onto my arm.
"We are going to the main places where the vampires are and hang out so you can be introduced." Paul said with a smile.
"What if i don't want to be introduced?" I asked as he pulled me down the halls.
"It doesn't matter because if i don't introduce you somebody might wanna take a bite out of you." To late for that.
After about five minutes of dragging me he gave up and picked me up.
It took about ten minutes to get through the White House, out the front door and too the place he wanted to go to. Which was a bar. Not really that surprising
"Vectasy?" I asked looking at the sign.
"Vampire and Ecstasy" He said as he set me down. He looked at my clothes and shook his head. He took a hold of my jeans and ripped them into shorts. "There, better." He said smiling.
He walked me into the bar and heads turned. All the vampires stared at me. I was the only human in that bar. I swallowed.
"Don't worry they cant touch you." Paul whispered into my ear.
Paul lead me to a table and sat down with some familiar vampires and some i didn't know.
"Lily, Emily, Jacob you already met Bliss." I guess thats my new name.
"Yeah, i did. Why did master want her?" Emily asked.
"She's his little sister." They all busted out in laughter. There was seven vampires. Two girls and five guys.
"She smells delicious." Said one of the guys licking his lips. He had reddish blond hair.
"Sorry Mike, she's untouchable." Paul said.
Mike smelled the air.
"If she's untouchable then why do i smell venom in her system?" He asked.
Paul cocked his head.
"Do you mind?" Mike asked Paul.
"Ask her."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Bliss do you mind if i...smell your arm."
I just shrugged and offered my arm. He took it gently and smelled it.
"Its in her system. But it wasn't injected at least not all of it. She is...human but vampire." Mike said confused.
"So she's part vampire? Is that even possible?" Lily asked.
Mike shrugged and let go of my arm.
"Is there anything she can do that normal humans cant?" Mike asked.
"Yeah, actually there is. She has extremely sharp teeth, they are even sharper than vampires." Paul said.
"Really? May i see?" He asked me.
"Sure. I don't care." I said.
"Bite down on my arm." Mike said holding his arm out.
"Um...trust me you don't want me to do that." I said.
The other guys broke out in laughter.
"Please." Mike said.
"Fine. Its your arm." I said before i bite down.
Seconds after biting i broke his skin and tore into his arm. He moaned in pain.
"Bliss, let go." Paul said.
I opened my mouth and pulled away to see that i had almost taken a chunk of his arm. I spit his blood out and wiped my mouth.
"Sorry, but i told you." I said truthfully. Everyone at the table had shut up.
His arm healed quickly.
"How could a mere human do that?" Asked another guy at the table.
"She has to have vampire in her but how?" Asked Emily.
My breathing stopped. Crap. I was having an attack. I don't know what it was but out of random i would get these attacks where i stopped breathing and my heart beat went funny.
I stood up out of random.
"I'll be right back." I said before i tried to rush away but half-way there Paul stopped me.
"What?"
"I...need....fresh....air." I gasped. I had started them when i was fifteen and they had just gotten worse. Truthfully i wasn't sixteen yet, i had a few days...i think i don't really know sadly. I believe i only had about a day or two.
Paul walked me outside. I collapsed but he caught me.
"Whats wrong?" I just stuck my index finger up.
My heart began to flutter away as it always did.
This attack was longer than most, it took about five minutes for me to recover.
"What was that?" Paul asked.
"Nothing." I said standing up. "Are we going back in?"
"No. We are going to get you checked out." Mike said coming out of the bar. "I am a doctor for both vampire and human and i have an office a few blocks from here. We'll take my car."
His car was a SCC Ultimate Aero, the fastest car in the world and it could go about 280 mph. It was in blue.
We walked into a large hospital and followed Mike down the halls to a small examination room.
He examined me like a normal doctor would. He tested my reflexes, listened to my heart, checked my pulse but he also tested how easily my skin could be punctured and he examined my teeth. He tested my eye sight, my smell, my hearing, my touch, everything.
After about two hours of testing (that includes a few x-rays) Paul and i sat in wait.
"What is this all about?" I asked.
"We just want to see if you are part vampire or if you are some sort of rare human species."
"Well, thats comforting." I said quietly. "What would Jason be doing right now?" I asked out of random.
"Business really. Thats all he does. He is the leader of all American Vampires and all Vampires that live in North America. Its a big responsibility."
"Why did they pick Jason?"
"I am not sure, i wasn't there. I was still a human."
"When did you become a vampire?"
Paul fell silent. He was looking away from me and his jaw was hard.
"What?" I asked.
"It's kind of a sensitive subject. Most vampires don't like to talk about when they were created. It's a private thing."
"Oh, sorry."
Mike walked in.
"Well you aren't that different from humans. Same bone structure and organs but your breathing and heart rate is different. Faster. Your blood also has some vampire blood in it, but its not from injection. Its actually in your system. You also see, hear, smell and are more sensitive to things than humans but not by a lot. It seems the main place that the vampire side has taken effect is your teeth."
He showed me an x-ray of a human's, vampire's and my teeth.
"See how the human's is very light, transparent almost. You can also see how dark the vampire's is, how much denser the bone structure is. But your's is even more dense. I don't think i have ever seen a material so dense and indestructible." He seemed so interested in this.
"So what's this mean? I am part vampire? Thats not possible. Can vampire and humans even make a child?"
"No, vampires and humans can't create children. Vampires first came to be back when the human race was close to ending. We had adapted to our surroundings and feasted on blood. It's possible that out of the humans that survived that, some of them may have begun the change but didn't transform completely so they had some vampire genes in them. They passed it down from generation to generation until it found another gene like it and blended together to create you. Also the first vampires' teeth were sharper than any vampires now. Our teeth has dulled down."
"But that still doesn't make sense. Jason was the first born, it should be him."
"Genes don't care if you are the first born, they choose and random and just happened to choose you. But remember thats just a theory, it could be something entirely different."
I shook my head. To confusing. I didn't care that i was part of a monster all i wanted was my babies.
"Wait....is it possible to become a vampire without actually drinking the blood of a vampire and going through that whole process?"
"I don't think...why?" Mike asked.
"Well ever since i turned fifteen i have had these sort of asthma attacks but i don't need an inhaler or anything. It lasts for about five minutes tops and then just stops. They have been getting worse towards my sixteenth birthday."
"Is that what happened today?" Paul asked and i nodded.
"What happens?" Mike asked.
"Well, it sort of happens out of random. My breathing will stop and i have to gasp for air and my heart beat begins to flutter quickly. I also get heat flashes during those periods."
They were both silent.
Mike was the first one to speak.
"That sounds like the beginning stages of becoming a vampire. When you drink the blood of a vampire thats what happens to you for three days, then that same vampire has to inject you with venom before the fourth day or you die."
Great. Now i was becoming the thing i hated oh-so deeply.
"So does that mean that i am becoming a vampire? But wouldn't i have to drink the blood of a vampire before that?"
"I don't know. I just don't know." Mike said shaking his head. "So frustrating. I am not used to not knowing something."
"Are we suppose to tell Master?" Paul asked.
"Not yet, i don't want to worry him unless we are certain." Mike said.
"Well i have to get her back soon." Paul said looking at me.
"I know, i know but i still need to do more tests." Mike said looking at the x-rays again.
"Later, she has to be formally introduced to the Committee." Paul said helping me up.
"Bring her here tomorrow at noon." Mike said as we walked away.
"The Committee?" I asked.
"Its the rulers of all vampire's. It's kind of like the human's United Committee. The vampires from around the world meet and talk about any issues."
"Why do i have to go?"
"To tell the world you are Jason's."
"I'm not his property." I said looking away. We were walking back to the White House.
"You are. It's either that or become food for us. I know a lot of vampires would love to get their hands on you."
I stopped walking.
"I am not going anywhere until i see them."
"Can't you drop it?"
"No. I want to see them. You took the rest of my family away from me. I want them."
"Bliss, trust me you don't want to see them." Paul said looking away.
"I don't care i want them."
He sighed.
"Fine but i warned you." He said picking me up and running away from the White House.
We were running towards a large building. He stopped inches from the door and knocked on it in a pattern. The door opened and i saw the saddest and most frightening thing.
They were young humans, none of them older than thirteen in cages. There were some scary looking vampires guarding them too.
"Kenny, come here." Paul called.
A large vampire bulging with muscles and covered in scars come over.
"Yeah, Paul?" Said a very deep voice. Kenny looked at me. "Did you bring me some lunch?"
"No, she ain't up for grabs. Where are the new ones?"
"Oh, to bad. They just got tested. So they are in room 44. The girl has a good future in the world of feeding and one of the boys will make a good warrior but i am afraid that one of the boys may become useless. He doesn't have good blood, he doesn't have the build of a good vampire, he's just plain out useless."
He walked us up to the fourth floor and the fourth room. It was a pure white room besides the containers of blood everywhere. There were seven cages with seven sleeping children. All in ratty and torn clothing. They had a bad stench to.
I gasped.
"I told you." Paul said. "Do you mind leaving us?" Paul asked Kenny.
"Sure. It's lunch time and smelling this chick made me thirsty." Kenny said leaving.
I began crying. I looked in the first cage and saw Emily. I opened it quickly and pulled her out. I hugged her closely in my arms. There was a bracelet like thing on her arm.
Human (feeder) sex: female
blood type: B negative, clean
doctor: Charles
"Emily." I said shaking her. She didn't wake, she just slumbered.
I looked at Paul.
"She's fine. Trust me, she has a better fate then most children in here." I handed her to Paul and looked in the next cage, it was Garrett.
I pulled him out and read his bracelet.
Human (f.v.) sex: male
blood type: O positive, clean
doctor: Charles
"F.V.?" I asked.
"Future Vampire. It's the best fate you can have here."
I laid Garrett next to Emily. I looked in the next cage and it was Nick. I pulled him out and read his bracelet.

Human (d.t.b.t.) sex: male
blood type: AB positive, unclean
doctor: Charles
"D.T.B.T.?"
"Due to be terminated." Paul said softly.
"NO." I gasped.
"I'm sorry but it's what happens to the young ones. Thats the three fates you get."
"This isn't fair. Cant i save him?"
"No, see how his bracelet says 'unclean' next to his blood type? That means he has a blood disease. If a vampire were to change him, the disease would be on the vampire's fangs and would spread it to all the humans killing them. He has to die."
"All of you are sick." I said as i hugged Nick closer.
Paul knelt next to me.
"You will become one of us, and when that happens you will realize why we are doing this. Right now we look sick but you will see."
"I will never become one of you! I would rather die!" I tried to stand up and runaway but Paul caught me and pulled me close to him.
Then i did something weird. I began to cry in the chest of a vampire. Paul didn't say one word. He just held me close to him.
When my tears dried he spoke.
"Listen, i will do what i can but there is no way to be sure. He will most likely die."
I took a deep breath in.
"Your brother is expecting you in an hour and you still need to be dressed. We have to leave."
"But-" He held his finger up.
I looked away as he put my babies in the cages. He walked back us back to the White House and i got all dressed up for the meeting. I got dressed in a long Saphire Cocktail dress and high-heels. My hair was straightened and they put a little bit of make-up on me.
Paul brought me to a giant room. It had a long table with many chairs. I assumed this was where the committee met. I was placed next to the sear at the head of the table. Most vampires were coming in. They were from all over the world. Some Chinese, Japanese, Egyptian, German, Scottish, English, British, French and those weren't even half.
Jason was the last to sit. I didn't like the way most of the vampires were looking at me. I could just feel some of their hunger. Actually lately i have been able to detect people's emotions much easier. It was like i was peering into their minds almost.
Most vampire's sitting at the table had two vampires behind them. The chairs were spaced out so that there was room for those vampires to stand with room. Jason had three vampire's behind him. Paul, Adam and a new giant vampire. He had giant, rippling muscles and was about six feet tall. He had dark brown hair and the red eyes of a vampire.
Jason stood.
"Everyone, shut your traps." He yelled and the silence entered. "First before any official business I would like to introduce to you somebody." Jason helped me onto my feet. "This is my little sister. She's a human...well mostly. If anyone even tries to take a bit out of her. You will die." He stated simply. He signaled for Paul and Paul walked me out of the committee
"Um...thats it?" I asked.
"Yes, the vampire's wouldn't want you there during the actual meeting. They would have to kill you. It's the law. Unless you are vampire, you are unable to attend committee meetings."
"Now what?" I asked bored.
"Now we go meet the partner of the Committee members. They are in a different room. The ballroom actually Once the Committee is done meeting we always have a big formal dance."
"Um...i have a question. It's been bugging me for a while. How did my brother know i was alive?"
"He wasn't sure. Actually, Bliss, your brother has been looking for you for a while. He looked through all the vampire's profile and when he didn't find you he looked through all the deaths and feeders. Then he looked for any reports of runaway humans. When we found your little group of runaways Jason had asked if anyone in your group had looked like him or had the name KeKe . At first they refused to answer but your brother wasn't willing to give up.
"He did very terrible things to them before they gave you up. Then all that was left was to find you. We went back to their old hideout and followed your scent trail. We didn't expect to find the little kids with you though. That was a true shock. But any ways back to the current you are going to have to get a better dress that is made for dancing. I will have Azimah help you. Don't worry she is very kind. If her eyes weren't red and she didn't have fangs you couldn't tell she was a vampire. She is one of the nicest people i have ever met, both human and vampire."
He lead me to my room. I was too deep in thought to pay any attention to him.
My brother was looking for me? Does that mean he really hasn't lost all his humanity But it doesn't make any sense. Why would he need me? And if he hasn't lost all of his humanity then how can he just sit here while many human children are being tortured?
Again with the questions.
Azimah came in a few minutes later and Paul left.
Paul had only told me half about Azimah. She was defiantly kind but she was also the most beautiful creature i have ever seen. She was Japanese or Chinese mixed with American. She had dark thick hair, smooth, flawless skin. Beautiful almond eyes, pink, soft lips. Small hourglass figure. She was about five one. But she spoke perfect English
"Hi." She said smiling. Her teeth were almost as white as mine.
"Hi." I was shocked.
"Um...what color do you look best in?"
I shrugged.
"Ok. I will try every color."
And she did. She actually talked to me. She told me that she had had an older sister and brother and both her parents died when she was young. She was only sixteen in human years and had been a vampire for ten years. She told me all about her past while i listened.
She dressed me in a silk red dress. It had a strap that wrapped around my neck, it showed a lot of my cleavage and it was tight around my upper body but let loose right after my hips. She put me in tights. She did my make-up to both match my dress and my face. She had curled my hair in sync.
"There. Beautiful." She said smiling. She checked her watch on her wrist. "Ooh, we are a little late. Wait here." She said sliding into the bathroom. She came out in a English still dress with light pink, peach and white designs. She looked breath-taking. She had subtle colored make-up on too.
She lead me down the long hallways.
"We are late but don't worry. You look so pretty. You do look a lot like Shishou." She said smiling at me.
"Shishou?" I asked.
"It's Japanese for master."
She walked up to two guards guarding two doors. She handed them a card. They looked over it and opened the door. They creaked open to a room that was simply...i couldn't describe it.
"Oh, yeah. Here." She gave me a black mask that shaped only around my eyes and had dark red gems on it. She put it on me and she slid a silk mask on her. Nobody would be able to know it was me.
"It's a masquerade this year. You smell so much like a vampire i think most people will mistake you as one." She laughed.
She lead me in but left me alone as soon as we reached the end of the steps. The room was two-stories tall with a opened floor on the second story. There were hundreds of vampires in the room. There were humans dancing on high platforms and there were containers of blood everywhere.
I had never given the thought to how blood taste. Why was i thinking about it now? Was i really turning into a vampire?
I walked slowly down the rows. I got a lot of glances but thank God nobody confronted me. I walked over to the edge and leaned against the wall. I was an outcast here. Why did Jason and Paul want me here?
Then out of nowhere a man walked up to me. He had brunette hair and he looked familiar but i couldn't tell with his mask.
"Are you new?" He asked. His voice was familiar too but my mind was long gone to know who it was.
"You could say." I said smiling. My voice was changing already.
He held out his hand. I could have said no but i felt the urge to dance with him.
He pulled me to the center of the room. I have known how to dance since i was three. I found a certain thrill out of dancing. We began to spin across the room. We danced perfectly in sync with both the music and each other. It was like we were made to be partners. Everyone had backed up from the center and we were the only ones dancing.
We spun and the whole world melted around us. We were the center of the world and everyone looked at us in awe. So graceful.
But our joy had been interrupted when another man touched my partners shoulder.
"Excuse me but i would like to have a dance with this woman." Said a handsome looking blonde. I knew this voice too but my hearing was changing. My transformation was coming.
The brunette bowed. He thanked me for a wonderful dance and the two of us began to dance. It didn't take me long to notice who i was dancing with.
"Jason?" I asked as i came back from a spin.
"The very one." He said cocky.
"You know who i am right?"
"I am sorry. I don't recall."
"Jason!" I said shocked.
"What?" He asked as we spun.
"I full hurt." I said.
"I-I-I am sorry."
"It's me KeKe, or Bliss or whatever you call me."
We stopped spinning But seconds later we continued.
"Bliss? You don't even smell like yourself. You smell like a vampire."
"Do you know who i was just dancing with?" I asked.
"Paul."
"Really?" Ewwwwwwwwwwww. I had said all of those things about Paul?
"Why do you smell like a vampire?" He asked as we slowed our spin. Soon we came to a stop.
I just shrugged.
"Would Paul know?"
I shrugged again.
Jason grabbed my hand and led me to where Paul was standing talking to a group of vampires.
Paul bowed as Jason and i walked up.
"Jason. Beautiful." He said.
"Paul, i need to talk to talk to you." Jason said pulling Paul aside.
"Yes?" Paul asked.
"Explain this to me." Jason asked pointing at me.
"What is there to explain. It's a beautiful vampire." Paul said winking at me.
"This is no vampire. This is my sister!" Jason almost yelled.
Paul froze.
"Bliss?"
I nodded.
Paul cursed.
"We have to find Mike."
"Mike? The doctor? Why?" Jason questioned.
"Because." Paul said leading the way from the building.
"Wouldn't Mike be at the dance?" I asked.
"No, only officials and their partners go." Answered Jason.
"Then how come i got to go?"
"Because you are technically my partner in the vampire system." Jason said as we rushed down the halls.
"Ugh, this is taking to long." Jason swung me into his arms and we took off running. He pulled off my mask and shoved it into his pocket.
It took no time at all to make it Mike's. He was there luckily.
"Why are you here so early?" Mike asked. "And why is Jason here?"
"Explain to me why my sister smells like a vampire." Jason said as we stepped into Mike's office.
Mike smelt my arm.
"Oh no. We should have....This isn't good. She needs to stay here. It is going to happen soon."
"What is?!?!" Jason asked.
"Paul, please tell Jason whats going on. I have to examine her again." Mike said as he pulled me into another room. We didn't do as many test as before but we still did a lot.
During the testing i heard some yelling but then everything fell quiet.
"Finally, they shut up." Mike said as he pulled a needle from my arm.
"What where they saying?" I asked.
"They were arguing about you and your transformation."
"Why were they arguing?"
"Bliss, your brother cares a lot for you." He said truthfully.
"Doesn't seem like it." I said softly.
"Well he does. He has a link to you. Were you two close when you where human?"
"Yes, very. We did almost everything together. The only time he would leave me at home was when he was with his girlfriend. Even when he was with his friends i went with him. It really hit me hard when he disappeared." i felt tears trying to make their way out
I blinked them away. My brother was a monster and i had to get used to it.
"It seems he still cares for you. And from what i heard from that conversation he doesn't want you to be a vampire."
"What?! The other day he was basically asking me if i wanted to become a vampire."
"And what did you say?"
"No, of course."
"Maybe he wants what you want."
I fell silent.
Paul walked in the room.
"Well he's pissed." He said running his fingers through his hair.
"I figured as much." Mike said jabbing another needle in my arm. Then he sighed heavy. "Well there goes my testing." He said holding up a needle that was bent in every way.
He touched my arm.
"You still feel soft." He began applying pressure. "I's almost like corn starch and water. When now pressure it's real easy to move but once you start pushing on it it becomes hard as stone."
"What are we doing to do now?" Paul asked.
"Well actually I am going to need you to go get..." I didn't hear the last part because Mike began whispering to Paul. Moments later Paul disappeared down the hall.
Mike continued messing with things.