Unfinished Sequel

Chapter 4

Today is January 19,1992 and last night was kind of awkward considering I agreed to go on a date with a guy I barely know. I'm in my room looking for something to wear. I don't do dresses, yet I don't do slut either. I decide to just wear a red V-Neck shirt with tight jeans to make it seem as if I had a body. My brother doesn't bother asking me where I'm going because he feels as if he will be invading my personal space, since I'm 17. It's 6:59PM, one more minute till Kenneth comes.

- "How do I know? Too much?" I ask my brother

- "You look fine, and if you ask me; you shine as bright as mom did." Andre says

I give my brother the biggest hug ever. Suddenly the door knocks and it seems as if my heart skips the beat. Dre opens the door and I see Kenny holding beautiful white roses.

- "Um, wow, those are beautiful." I say

- "As you are my lady." Kenneth replies

Kenny puts on my jacket, as we walkout the door; I remind my brother that I'd be back a twelve midnight. We get in the car, and Kenny pulls up to Sizzlers to eat. This was very awkward because Sizzlers is my favorite place to eat. I let it go and just head inside. A waiter named Hezekiah walks us over to a table.

- "So what's your whole name?" Kenneth asks

- "Magdalena Milagros Vega." I reply

- "Beautiful name, where did your mom come up with such name?"

- "Magdalena is from a Saint but we switched the initial. Milagros was meaning Miracle."

- "I like it, I like it a lot."

- "Thank you."

....Twenty minutes later, we're eating

- "I hope you understand that I was sorry for the way I have been acting." Kenneth says

- "Oh yeah I completely understand. At first it was very irritating but I can't say it bothered me. Eventually I had just quit." I answered

- "Well winners never quit and quitters never win."

- "Win what in this case?"

- "...*clears throat.* Check!"

I was completely shocked that he never answered my question. Throughout the whole ride home it was quite, yet he did hold my hand. As I got out the car, he stops me giving me a box.

- "Open it." He says

I opened it and in the box was a beautiful name necklace that read Kenneth. I smiled and asked him why would he get his name for me?

- "So that no matter what, you are always near me." and he smiles

- "I like it. Thank you!"

He kisses my forehead and I get out. I head to my room, drop my stuff, and automatically wear his name on me. At that moment I had felt a connection.