Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

My Savior

Ryan POV

I went straight to my room after my fight with Hazelyn and changed into skinny jeans and a band shirt. I also put in my lip ring that I rarely wear, but I put it on at night, to make sure it doesn’t close. Not my usual style in school, but like Hazelyn, I don’t believe in stereotypes. Then again, I have a reputation to keep up.

I went out to the balcony, and climbed the ladder that went up to the roof. It was my thinking place. I was thinking about Trisha and how I felt when my mom talked smack about her, and the way I felt when I saw the rose on Hazelyn’s plate. I sat there for a few minutes, when I heard my name being called. I climbed down the ladder, and saw that Stella was calling me.

“Your mom wants to see you,” she said. I nodded and she left.

I walked into her office, and gave her a bored expression. “When you take Hazelyn home, make sure to meet her parents. They might be worried about her coming home late,” she asked.

I shrugged. “She lives alone,” I told her.

“Oh? Doesn’t she have brothers?” she asked.

“Yeah, but they live somewhere else, and it’s out of the district,” I explained.

“Oh, alright then.” She told me.

Jason came running into the room. “Dude, Hazelyn just left,” he said to me.

I shrugged. “So?”

He smacked me. “Gabriel man, remember?!” he growled. My eyes must’ve bugged out of their sockets, and my anger instantly washed away.

“What about Gabriel?” my mom asked.

“Jason will explain,” I said, pushing him forward. “I have to go after Hazelyn,” I said and ran out of her office, into my room grabbing my leather jacket, then raced out of the house going for the garage. I saw Stephanie walking down the steps. “Where’s Hazelyn?!” I asked her.

“Chill bro, she went home,” she rolled her eyes.

“Fuck,” I mumbled.

“Ask her where she’s going then text me,” I told her and ran up the steps, taking two at a time.

“Why?” she shouted back.

“Gabriel,” I told called back, and knew that was a good enough explanation. I ran into the garage, jumped onto my Ducati and sped out of the compound. “Fuck, fuck, fuck. Hazelyn, where would you go?” I grumbled, racing to her house. I got there in record time, and found the house empty. “Shit. Where could she be?” I was gonna call her, but I forgot that I didn’t have her number. So, I called up my sister.

“Hello?” she answered after the third ring.

“Where is she?” I asked in Panic.

“She’s at Santa Monica Pier,” she said.

“Thank you, bye,” I said and raced for it. I got there in 5 minutes. Beating stoplights, and avoiding cars. I parked my bike next to a Ferrari. I smiled and admired it, then remembered that I was on a mission. I ran around, trying to figure out where she would go. “If I was Hazelyn, where would I go?” I asked myself. “If I was a girl, I’d go watch the water,” I said to myself. That’s it! It’s worth a try. I started running, scanning my eyes quickly around the deck for the dark haired girl.

I finally found her silhouette, her brown waves flying because of the strong winds from the ocean I took a deep breath, to calm the adrenaline, I stepped closer to her, and finally spoke up, actually happy to see her.

~~Hazelyn POV~~

“What do you want, asshole?” I growled.

“We didn’t get to finish up our business last night, now did we Hazelyn?” Gabriel smirked at me.

“I didn’t expect you to come after me so soon,” I barked at him, pushing past him.

“Don’t be so harsh now, love,” he said blocking my way, pinning me to the railing.

“Get the fuck off me,” I snarled. He then stepped closer to me, and tucked my hair behind my ear, since the wind was blowing it in front of my face. “You know you want this,” he said inching his face closer to mine. I was starting to getting dizzy. I put my hands against his chest, trying to push him away, but he had great balance and he was strong.

“I’ll scream,” I threatened.

“Scream. Everybody here screams,” he said, his breath mixing with my own, and I could taste the alcohol in his. “Nobody to save you now, huh?” he smirked at me. “No more JR Dolciani to run off to,” he said, our lips centimeters apart.

“I’ll say it again Gabriel. Get the fuck off me,” I said calmly this time.

“No can do love,” he said and pressed his lips onto mine. I bit it, and he pulled away hastily. “You slut!” he shouted. I immediately screamed. He pinned me against the railing of the dock, and started kissing me forcefully again.

“Gab… You.. Know you… don’t wanna… do this,” I told him, between his forceful kisses.

“You wouldn’t know shit Hazelyn,” he growled. “Don’t take this personally love, this is all for Ryan. I need to take his new toy away from him,” he smiled and held me in place, putting all his weight into me and again and continued kissing me.

“God damn it Gabriel,” I heard somebody hiss, and Gabriel was pulled off me. I was frozen in place, scared to move.

~~Ryan POV~~

“Hazelyn,” I said lowly. The girl turned around, and it wasn't her. She gave me a weird look and walked away, mumbling ‘creep’. Shit. I panicked again. I heard an ear piercing scream, the same scream that I heard last night. I ran towards it and saw two people. A guy that was pinning a girl against the railing of the deck. To other people, it might look like they’re having a heated make out session. To me, it looks like Gabriel trying to rape Hazelyn.

“God damn it Gabriel,” I hissed and pulled him off her, going straight for his jaw, then his stomach. He punched me back, going for my jaw and I felt it move from its sockets. Such pain I felt, but I didn’t mind. I kicked him where it would hurt, and he hunched over in pain. “Call the police,” I growled at Hazelyn. She just nodded and typed away on her phone.

“You bastard,” he hissed at me from the ground.

“What the fuck is your problem, Gab? Huh?” I hissed at him.

“You’re my fucking problem Dolciani,” he said getting up. “You knew I liked Trisha, and knew that I was possibly in love with her and you took her from me, broke her heart, and let her break,” he growled. I growled back.

“I tried to make you feel the pain when I set you up with Crystal that night, and when I took Melissa from you too,” he smirked at me. I stood there frozen. I didn’t know any of this. “You’re a tough nut to crack Dolciani,” he shook his head. “I would’ve never touched Hazelyn,” he said, motioning towards her. “She’s too pure for me, and I’ve done background research on her,” he said.

“And Melissa man? She slept with me even before prom night, on more than one occasion, in fact. Because she knew that you still liked Trisha, and used her as a rebound, we were both drunk that night since somebody spiked the punch and she claimed it as rape so you wouldn’t find out,” he smirked. “I got out of Juvie months ago, when I turned 18. And your sweet sweet Melissa never went to rehab, idiot,” He got up, and smirked at me. “What do you feel now, Dolciani? Hate? Betrayal? That’s exactly how I felt,” he glared at me. When I was about to punch him again, when I heard a calming voice call my name.

“Ry,” I looked at where it came from. There was a scared Hazelyn, her dark brown wavy hair, framing her face. I hissed at her, but she took a step closer to me. I growled at her, and she took another one. I looked at Gabriel who was just smirking. I punched him square in the jaw, and he spit out blood into the water. I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Stop, please Ry,” she said. I backed away a step, and she stood in front of me, her eyes moist. “Breathe,” she told me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Put your hands in the air!” an officer shouted. I put both my hands up in the air, and so did Hazelyn.

“That’s him,” I said, my voice hoarse motioning to Gabriel who was leaning against the railing for support. They nodded and took him, and he didn’t fight with them. He just gave me a triumphant smile. We signed some papers and they told us to go home since it was a school night.

“You look cold. Here take my Jacket,” I said, putting my leather jacket over her shoulders. She shrugged them off.

“No thanks,” she mumbled at me and walked back towards the parking lot.

“Don’t be stubborn, Hazelyn. It’s cold. You don’t wanna get sick. There’s school tomorrow,” I sighed in defeat, keeping in pace with her.

“Since when did you care about a prostitute?” she growled at me.

I took another deep breath. This girl will be the death of me. “You seriously cannot be still mad about that after I saved your life,” I groaned.

“I seriously am still mad about that,” she said matter of factly.

“I was mad, okay? My mom hit a soft spot at dinner. I wasn't in a good mood,” I defended

She stopped and looked at it me with a glare. If looks could kill
.
“And you decide to take it out on me? Wow, Dolciani,” She laughed, then kept walking

I grabbed her arm, and pulled her back, “I’m sorry, okay?” I apologized.

She shook away from my grasp. “Do better than that, Dolciani,” she grumbled and kept walking.

“What do you want me to do? Jump into the water?” I asked hysterically. She didn’t turn around. “You want me to get run over by a bus?” I asked.

“Yup!” she called out.

“I already got in a fight for you! I just saved you from being raped!” I called out.

“Doesn’t change a thing,” she called back, giving me a dismissive wave.

“Hazelyn, you’re bound to forgive me,” I told her

“Really?” she asked sarcastically. “We’ll see,” she mumbled

~~Hazelyn POV~~

“Really?” I asked sarcastically. “We’ll see,” I mumbled and kept walking. I didn’t hear anymore arguments, so I guess he decided to leave me alone. My bright yellow car came into view, signaling that I was close.

I felt a fluffy tapping on my shoulder. I turned around and glared, but my glare softened when I saw a gigantic teddy bear, maybe even bigger than me.

“Jr’s sorry, Haze, he didn’t mean it,” Ryan said, changing his voice to sound adorable, since his voice wouldn’t be what you exactly call adorable, it’s what you call hot. I meant, WHAAAAAT?!(minions style xD). Ryan peeked out from the side, lowering the bear down. His 6’0 frame really towered over the bear’s 5’2 or so body. “I’m sowwy,” he pouted adorably.

“I don’t know a Jr,” I said with a raised eyebrow and continued to walk.

I heard him sigh in defeat and caught up to me, blocking my way. “Ryan’s sorry,” he tried again.

“I forgive the bear,” I said with a soft smile.

“Hazelyn!” he whined.

I sighed. “Fine, I forgive you,”

He widely grinned. “Really?”

“Want me to change my mind?”

“No,” he frowned.

“Then really,” I said.

“See, I knew you were bound to forgive me,” he said smugly.

“Oh? How so?” I asked him, eyebrows raised.

He raised the bear up again, so it was covering his face. “Bwecwause fwends dwon’t stway mwad at weachwother twoo wong,” he said in a baby voice.

“Who said we were friends?” I scoffed.

He lowered the bear again. “Me,” he said proudly.

“You have unrealistic theories, Dolciani,” I raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry?” he asked, offering me the bear.

I sighed and took the bear. “Fine,” I said taking the massive bear form his arms.

“Good, because I was getting tired of holding that huge thing,” he sighed, wiping his forehead with his sleeve. I smacked his arm and he put his arms around me, leading me back to the pier. “I think we have to talk,” he said seriously.

“Yeah,” I agreed.

We made our way to a bench, overlooking the shore where the waves hit the sand. We sat down on opposite sides of the bench, the bear in the middle. “You and Trisha,” I started, breaking the silence

“Dated,” he confirmed.

“What…” I hesitated.

He gave a dry laugh. “What happened? I was being stupid. Gabriel told me that he liked Trisha and as what we all feel, we all want what we can’t have. So, I asked her out when I heard that she liked me. It was great, she was great. She was perfect. Then I messed up,” he paused, looking out into the water, as if going back to the day.

“It was during my first cool party. I used to hangout with those dorks. Alexa, Trisha, Drina, Mike, and Gabriel,” he paused, a small smile on his face. “We used to be best friends. I dated Trisha in 8th grade, Up until sophomore year that I tried out for the football team and started getting invited to the parties. I took her to the very first one and peer pressure, and I started drinking. I wanted to impress everybody, and drank a little too much, then next think I know, pfft, I didn’t know what I was doing. Crystal came up to me and kissed me. I thought it was Trisha, but I realized far long after she left. We broke up the day after,” he said and looked out into the water.

“I’m so sorry Ry,” I apologized. I felt bad. Really bad.

“Don’t,” he told me. “Wasn't your fault,” he said. “It broke my friendship with all of them. Alexa has made it her life mission to make my life miserable by not letting me get near Trisha. I tried Haze, I really did. But I knew it wasn't getting anywhere, since Trisha started leaning onto Gabriel as rebound. Then Melissa came along, that same year,” he laughed without emotion. “She was perfect. She made me feel top of the world, she made me feel special. She made me feel like nothing could come between us,” he said then shook his head. “But then again, I forgot that perfection doesn’t exist. I knew there was something about her that I couldn’t point out. That’s what I found out about tonight. She cheated on me with Gabriel. I guess I was so distracted about the fact that she was so perfect, that I was oblivious to her perfect acting,” he smirked.

“Prom night, she went to get something from her locker. She didn’t come back. I went looking for her, and she was on the floor, her dress ripped and passed out. She said that she was raped by Gabriel. They didn’t believe it at first, but there were other cases that Gabriel did rape other girls. Gab went to Juvie, Mel went to Rehab, or so I thought,” he grumbled.

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Ry. If you don’t wanna talk about it, I understand. It’s not my place to meddle,” I said to him.

“I always fall for the girls that seem perfect, but I keep getting reminded that they’re not,” he chuckled quietly.

“Ry..” I started.

“No, it’s okay Hazelyn. I tell you my secrets, and you’ll be my friend. That’s my deal,” he told me, a smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes. “Aren’t I supposed to be the one making deals here, Dolciani?” I smirked.

He shrugged. “I guess. But thanks for listening anyways,” he smiled at me.

“Isn't that what friends do?” I joked.

“Anyways, I didn’t really care about Melissa. I just felt bad for her. I thought I loved her, but then I think it was because she was just like a replica of Trisha.”

Well, that kind of stung.

“And Trisha is too amazing.”

That stung even more. WHAT THE FUCK HAZELYN? STOP.

“Do you want her back?” I heard myself ask.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. “That’s nearly impossible,” he said.

“Nearly,” I mumbled. I got up and stood in front of him. Why am I doing this? Right, because I’m being a good, supportive friend. “You’re Ryan Dolciani. You’re the guy every girl in school wants. You’re team captain. Basketball, football, you’re the man to bring the school’s name up,” I told him, trying to boost his confidence.

“No, actually Tristan did that, you know, your Mr. Loverboy,” he smirked. I rolled my eyes at his dorkyself.

“My point is,” I interrupted. “You’re amazing,” Shit did I just say that? My eyes widened. “I mean, okay. Sure, you can be an ass sometimes, and annoy the shit out of me. But from the past few days that I’ve known you, you’re real Ry. That’s all I can say. And if she doesn’t see you for you, then maybe it wasn't meant to be,” I said, almost in a whisper.

“Deep,” he joked.

“I'm serious Ryan. Go for it, if you want her back, work for it,” I said. It took everything to tell him that for some reason.I gotta admit I had some kind of attraction towards him.

“Thanks Haze,” he smiled. He took a deep breath, and stood up, facing me with a goofy grin on his face. I raised an eyebrow and he then gave me a bear hug. “I have the bestest friend ever!” he shouted.

“Cannot…Breathe,” I choked. He let go of me and smiled. “You should keep the bear, it can take bear hugs,” I said, wiggling around, trying to get oxygen back to all parts of my body. He laughed as he put his arm around me, and grabbed the bear, going towards the parking lot.

We then walked back to the parking lot and under the light, I saw the right side of his face. He had a black eye, and a bruise forming on his right cheek. I gasped, and he looked back at me, then quickly looking around. “What happened?” he asked, still looking around for some kind of danger.

“What happened to your face? Oh my goodness,” I said, turning his face, so I could see all of it. “Oh my..,” I almost laughed.

“What? Is it that bad? Great. This is just great, I’m gonna have to ask my sister to cover it up with make up,” he mumbled.

“Is that a lip piercing, Dolciani?” I asked, chuckling. He bit the corner of his left lip.

“It’s not like it’s the first time you’ve seen it,” he mumbled.

“Yes it is,” I told him, confused.

“Remember when I saw you at KFC/A&W?” he asked

“Oh.. So that really was a lip ring,” I smirked. I stepped back, and checked for anymore damage that Gabriel has caused. That motherfucker. I was even more surprised at what he was wearing. He was wearing dark black skinny jeans and a cobra starship shirt. “You’re not as stereotypical as I thought, Dolciani,” I smirked.

“Eh.. It was an old trend. I couldn’t let go of it,” he frowned.

“You don’t have to,” I told him.

“Remember? I’m Abercrombie guy,” Oh how Ironic, that’s what I called you before too. “I can’t be Mr. Punk rocker,” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “Your secret’s safe with me,” he smiled. “So, where’s your ride?” I asked him, looking around for any familiar looking cars.

“Right there,” he said pointing to a black Ducati.

My eyes widened. “Hot,” I said to myself.

“I know,” Oh fuck. Did I say that out loud?

I smirked. “Hot ride, I meant, Dolciani,” I’ve been needing to save my ass so much lately.

We were right next to his bike, which was right next to mine. Great. How the heck am I supposed to get home? “That car outshines it though,” he said pointing to the Ferrari behind me. I smirked to myself. “I wonder who would drive one late at night,” he laughed.

“Right,” I laughed.

“How are you getting home?” he asked me.

“I drove,” I told him.

“Where’s your car?” he asked

“I can go walk to it,” I told him.

“Not alone,” he frowned.

“I’ll be fine. They’ve gotten Gabriel,” I assured him.

“Yeah, but there are other ones out there,” he told me. “I mean, let’s face it. What my brother said is true, you are smokin’,” he smirked. “Don’t get your head up in the clouds, I’m saying that as your friend,” he laughed.

“Really,” I laughed with him. “But I’ll be fine,” I told him.

“You’re a mystery Hazelyn. You know my life story, and the only things I know about you are: 1. That you can drift. 2. You’re a crazy driver. 3. You’re a healthy eater. 4. You’re semi vegetarian. Which in fact, I noticed, since you got the only thing that wasn't meat at dinner. 5. You live alone, and 6. You eat out the French way. Eating only half. 7. You’re lazy. 8. You hate school, 9. You’’re one damn player, and 10. You’re a bitch,” I frowned. “Hey, it’s true. Plus, being your friend, I need to be honest,” he said his hands up in surrender.

I chuckled. It is true. “You’re observant,” I pointed out.

“You know my secrets, let me know one of yours,” he told me.

I sighed. “Fine,” I said to him, then turned around towards the car.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“A secret? I’m a professional carjacker,” I smirked.

“You’re kidding,” he said. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. I set up the doors to this car, so that if I was within 2 feet from the car, the doors would open and sense my keys. I then opened the door. “God! Hazelyn! You’ll get caught! Shit!” he said, pulling me away.

“Let go of me, dork!” I laughed hysterically.

“You’re the one that’s hijacking a car!” he said.

“Stupid, it’s my car,” I said rolling my eyes.

He looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed. “Are you serious?” he asked quite calmly. I nodded. “Damn,” he said, and leaned against the car, holding his head in his hands. “I need a moment,” he said.

“Relax, it’s my brother’s,” Not a lie. It is.

“Oh,” he said dumbly. “But still! It’s a fucking Ferrari!”

“We should get going. It’s getting late,” I told him, changing the subject.

“Are you going to be alright?” he asked.

“I can deal,” I smiled at him.

“Let me know if you need anything, I’ll be there in a heartbeat,” he said.

“Thanks,” I told him.

I nodded and got in my car, closing the door. He knocked on my window, so I rolled it down. I raised an eyebrow. “Thanks,” he smiled at me.

“You’re welcome,” I smiled back. “Drive safe,” I smirked.

“I think I should say that to you” he grinned. I rolled my eyes and put my car into gear, ready to leave.

“Wait!” he called out.

“Are you really a professional Hijacker?” he asked.

I laughed at him, and checked my mirrors, ready to go. “Haze!” he called out again. I raised and eyebrow again. “I need your number,” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and held out my hand. “Your phone,” I said. He took out his phone and put it in my hands. I quickly typed in my number, then gave it back to him. “Call me,” I winked at him playfully and sped out of the parking lot. I looked at my side mirror and he quickly got on his bike, speeding towards me. We got to the freeway, and he honked at me.

“Hey hot stuff! Where you headin’?” he called out, and sped forward, passing me.

I laughed at his stupidity and I sighed to myself. Why couldn’t you be an asshole, Dolciani?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry guys! I didn't realize that I double posted it!