Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

Let's Bring It Back

I got back to the mansion and parked the car in the garage since I was too lazy to go out back and park it there. I made my way to the passenger’s side to take the giant teddy bear that Ryan got for me.

I carried it up the stairs and found the guys pacing in the living room. I put the bear aside, and leaned on the doorway. “What’s up your asses, brothers?” I laughed.

“Good God! Hazelyn!” Nate boomed and ran to me. “Are you okay? Please tell me you’re okay, nothing happened? Don’t ever scare me like that,” he said.

“I’m fine. They got the guy already, damn. Relax,” I said pushing him away from me.

“Where’d you go?” he asked.

“The pier,” I told him.

“What were you doing at the pier?” he asked.

“I wanted to look at the water?”

“You shouldn’t just leave like that,”

“I didn’t. I told Tristan,” I said pointing to my brother.

“And you let her?!” Nate boomed. “You idiot,” he mumbled.

“Dude, would you chill? You’re the one that decided to let her live alone. She can take care of herself,” Tristan mumbled.

Nate straightened up, and ran his hand through his hair. “Go upstairs and sleep, you have school tomorrow,” he told me.

“Kay, Goodnight,” I said giving them both a hug, and grabbing my giant teddy bear, going upstairs to my room. I quickly took a shower and brushed my teeth multiple times then got into my pajamas then the moment I hit my bed, I fell into deep sleep.

*I’m a real big fan of yours,
But I’m quite a joke to you,
But it wasn't a joke when you kissed me in your room*
I change my ringtone frequently; sue me…

“Hello?” I answered groggily.

“Morning biffle,” he cheered. I groaned then hung up on him, and lay back down. My phone rang again, and I decide to just let it ring. There was a text message, and I decided to read it.

‘Had a great time last night ;D thanks ;) –Ryan’ I rolled my eyes and put it back on my side table. Then it rang again. ‘Be ready in 20, I’m bringing breakfast –Ryan’ whatever he can do what he wants. I’m going to sleep. I was falling back to sleep when I realized I wasn't home. SHIT.

I grabbed my phone and wallet, then the teddy bear, and racing downstairs. “I’m going home! Bye!” I shouted and ran out through the back door wearing my Alice In Wonderland Chershire Cat slippers. I grabbed the keys to my civic and started racing home. “Damn it, Ryan, got me rushing first thing in the morning,” I groaned, then looking at the clock. “7 o’clock Fucking kidding me, man!”

I arrived at the house in 10 minutes, and quickly parked my car in the garage and running into the house. I had to run back outside to get the teddy bear then run back up the stairs to make it look like I just woke up. I got my breathing down to normal, and just laid there. 5 minutes later, the doorbell rang, and I let it ring a few more times before walking down the stairs.

“Wait! Damn it! I’m coming!” I yelled. I opened the door, and there was Ryan, in his usual Abercrombie model status, without his badboy look last night, with iHop bags in his hands. I left the door open and walked into the living room, plopping myself down on the couch.

“Damn, I don’t even get a ‘Good Morning’?” Ryan mumbled and going straight to the kitchen.

“Do you not know what time it is?” I glared at him, walking in.

“Yeah,” he shrugged, taking plates out of the cupboards and setting them on the counter. “It’s 7:30, and it’s a school day. So, I suggest for you to get dressed,” he said. Oh fuck. I forgot it was Monday! My eyes widened and he smirked at me, and then shook his head. “See? You should thank me. Now go get dressed,” he said.

I ran upstairs and got dressed. Thank goodness I took a shower last night. I just grabbed random jeans, a random shirt, and shoes that matched it. I quickly straightened my hair and walked downstairs.

“Did you decide to match with me, Haze?” Ryan chuckled. I looked at what I was wearing, and I saw that I was wearing skinny jeans, with a green Abercrombie tank top with my favorite jacket with black flats. He was wearing a green Abercrombie shirt too. I rolled my eyes and sat next to him, and started digging into the pancakes.

“Ahhhh, heaven,” I moaned when I took a bite. Ryan just chuckled and took a bite of his pancakes. “What’re you laughing at?” I asked him.

“You have syrup,” he said wiping the corner of my mouth with his thumb and then licking it off. “All gone,” he grinned at me.

“You’re gross,” I mumbled and finished my food.

“You ready?” he asked me. I just shrugged, stuffing my phone and wallet in my bag and grabbing my keys. “You’re driving?” he asked. I shrugged again. “Can you talk?”

“Yes,” I told him.

“Better,” he mumbled. “You don’t wanna ride with me?” he frowned. I raised an eyebrow.

“No,” I told him and opened the garage. “Lock the door,” I told him. I threw my bag in the passenger’s seat and checked my mirrors. Ryan backed out of the driveway and I followed after him to school. I started revving my engine at him, and he revved it back. We started racing to school, and I won. I was smiling widely when I got out of my car.

“How the fuck did you just beat my car? We have the same car!” he shouted.

“It’s not the car, it’s the driving,” I said aptting his cheek and walked past him.

“What’s your secret?” he insisted.

“Won’t be a secret anymore if I told you, now woud it babe?” I laughed.

“I’m sorry, but I only got the babe part of that,” he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at him. “I kinda like it,” he winked, putting an arm around me.

“Get off me, creep,” I chuckled, brushing his arm off my shoulder.

“Seriously babe,” he mocked. “Tell me!” he pleaded.

“I told you I knew things about cars,” I smirked at him, walking towards the building.

“Your car’s fast,” he told me, keeping in pace.

“Acura 3.2 engine,” I simply said.

“Isn't that illegal?” he asked. I just shrugged. “Never knew you were a lawbreaker DeLuca,” he laughed.

“Lots of things you don’t know about me, Dolciani,” I smirked, and opened my locker. When I closed my locker, I saw that Ryan already had a slut draped over his neck. Another monkey.

“Oh Hazelyn, I didn’t see you there,” Crystal said.

“I didn’t know your eyesight has gotten worse, Crys,” I smiled sweetly at her. 1st grade, and she was the only one that had glasses. She glared at me.

“I heard Gabriel has taken interest in you,” she told me.

“Oh yeah. Because he actually knows the difference between hot and slut,” I smirked at her, then walked away. This is my constant reminder of Ryan’s other side. The man whore side.

I walked into French a few minutes earlier than I usually do. “Hey Lyn,” Stephanie greeted, sitting next to me.

“Morning Steph. Thanks for dinner last night,” I told her.

She shrugged. “No biggie. It’s a surprise my parents didn’t scare you away,” she smirked. “The only people that don’t get chased away are you and…,” she stopped and blushed. “Nevermind,” she mumbled

“Me and who?” I asked intrigued.

“You and Tristan Macintosh. You probably don’t know him, but he was a senior here last year, and he was nice and stuff. He and my brother were close. I mean I don’t like him or anything, but you know,” she blabbed. Then looked at me. “And I’m gonna stop blabbing now,” she frowned.

“I know him,” I told her raising an eyebrow.

“You do?” she asked. I nodded. “How?”

“Met him at the party,” I told her.

“Nice guy, huh?” she smiled with a pink tint on her cheeks.

“Yeah,” I smirked, an idea coming into my head.

We sat there for the rest of class. Stupid boredom. When the bell rang, Stephanie groaned. “That was so boring,” she sighed.

“Tell me about it. Though, French does help for French restaurants,” I chuckled.

“Oh my gosh! Tell me about Mason!” she sqealed. “Did you call him?!”

I frowned. “No,” I told her.

“Why not?” she furrowed her eyebrows.

I grimaced. “Remember? Your brother thought that I’d call him for loud, hard, dirty sex.”

She started laughing hysterically. “Are you fucking serious?!” I just nodded at her.

“And because I was pretty much shaken up because of Gabriel. They caught him,” I informed her as I walked into the classroom.

“Oh yeah!” she exclaimed, realization hitting her. “You should’ve seen Ryan’s reaction. He was panicking when Jason told him you left,” she smirked. “And when he came home, he was all happy and jolly even though he had a split lip.”

I shook my head at her and laughed as our teacher began to speak. There again, our daily routine continues.

Physics; I thought was always interesting. “I’m hungry,” I mumbled.

“You had three pancakes this morning,” Ryan chuckled.

“I’m hungry, sue me,” I frowned and buried my face in my arms on the table.

“Here. Eat this,” he said, handing me a protein bar. I raised an eyebrow at him. “I get hungry during training,” he defended. I smiled at him and took the protein bar, and started eating it.

“Ms. DeLuca, I hope you have enough of that for everybody,” the teacher said. I looked up at her and sheepishly smiled.

“Yeah, but then everyone’s gonna have to get a very little piece. I already ate half of it,” I frowned.

She rolled her eyes. “No more eating in class. The tables may have chemicals that are dangerous. Understood?” she asked looking around, and everyone was nodding. “Good,” she said and went back into the lecture. I heard Ryan chuckle next to me, and I just punched his arm.

“Ow,” he grumbled. “What was that for?” he whispered.

“For you being an ass,” I said, and shoved the remainder of the snack to him.

Lunch was weird. John sat on our table, where he usually wasn’t in because he sat with the jocks. He also started talking to me, asking me questions about myself and whatnot. Alexa also had been asking about Stephanie for some weird unknown reason. I was confused about the sudden change, but I shrugged it off.

When Alexa and John were talking about something, I decided to use that time to talk to Trisha.

I can't believe I’m doing this. But I'm a good friend, so I am going to do this.

“Hey Trisha,” I smiled at her.

“Oh hey, Hazelyn. How’ve you been? I heard what happened at the party,” she sighed sympathetically. “I never knew Gabriel would do such thing,”

“It’s fine. They’ve gotten him, and he’s probably in prison now,” I told her. “But hey, are you free tomorrow afternoon?” I asked her.

“Yeah, I am. Why?”

“I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out,” I smiled at her.

“Sure,” she smiled. Then the bell rang. I got up from my seat.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I smiled at her and made my way to the auditorium. I sat down next to Ryan. “Clear your schedule tomorrow afterschool, you have a date,” I told him.

“Date?” he asked me. “Never knew you could be so straightforward babe,” he smirked. “But I’ll take it,” he shrugged, putting his arm around me.

“Dummy, no. I have a surprise for you. Don’t be an ass, please?” I pleaded, looking up at him.

“If you tell me what it is, then I’ll consider,” he said

I sighed, and looking him in the eye. “Do you trust me?” I asked.

He hesitated. “Maybe.”

“I take that as a yes. So just show up at,” I thought of a place. “Bouchon,” was the first thing that came into mind. He immediately frowned.

“Are you using me as a chaperone for you and your new boyrfriend?” he asked.

“No,” I frowned. “Fine. In&Out then,” I rolled my eyes.

“We’ll see,” he said to me.

I didn’t get to aruge since the teacher has started his lecture. Performing arts just flew by, since it’s the only class I actually enjoy. And no, not because Ryan’s in it.

“What’re we doing today?” Ryan asked following me to the parking lot.

“I’m doing homework, I don’t know about you,” I told him getting in my car.

He pouted. “You loser. Doing homework,” he smirked. I just raised an eyebrow.

“Loser? I think you’re the one that literally lost today,” I smiled at him, and backed out of the parking space, leaving him dumbfounded.

The next day flew by quickly, and I was on my way to In&Out to ‘meet’ Trisha and Ryan. I ordered a milkshake and just sat down on a table. I saw Trisha enter and I waited for her to order, then she came to the table. “Hey,” I greeted.

“Hey,” she said and sat down in front of me. I saw Ryan’s car arrive and he entered the place not seeing me, but I guessed that Trisha saw him walk in. “Fuck,” she mumbled. I gave her a questioning look. She gave me an awkward smile. “Long story,” she told me, and started to pick on her fries. Ryan spotted me, and started walking towards us. “Why is he coming here?” she asked. I ignored her question.

Ryan was now in front of us and looked from me to Trisha, an eyebrow raised. “What’re you doing here?” he asked her. She just glared at him.

“I believe you two have something to talk about,” I told them, and stood up, taking my tray with me.

“Oh no you don’t,” Ryan said pulling on my collar, preventing me from going anywhere. He made me sit back down in my original seat. “What’s this?” he asked.

“Stop with your games JR,” Trisha sighed weakly.

“I swear Trish. I had nothing to do with this,” Ryan said, putting his hands up in surrender. She just glared at him even more.

“I’ve had enough of your lies. I'm leaving,” Trisha said, grabbing her things and standing up.

“No, really Trisha, he had nothing to do with this,” I said to her. She out a sigh, and sat back down. “I just thought you guys needed to talk,” I said to them. “I think you need a private conversation,” I said standing up, and this time neither of them stopped me.

~~Ryan POV~~

Hazelyn left, and I was there with Trisha. Alone. Without anybody telling me to ‘fuck off’ or her bitching me out. “Do you wanna go to the park to talk?” I asked her. She just nodded. It was a silent walk to the park, and then we sat down on one of the benches. “I miss you,” was the first thing I said to her. She looked at me in the eye and probably saw the seriousness in my eyes that her death glare softened. She then looked down at her feet. “What happened to us?” I asked her.

“That was years ago, Jr,” she told me.

“That night. Gabriel set it up,” I told her, ignoring her statement. She looked up at me curiously. I sighed. “Gabriel liked you. Since we were in 6th grade,” I told her truthfully. “He told me in 8th grade, a month before I asked you out,” I said looking into her eyes. “I don’t know. When I heard that you had a crush on me, I asked out out. It was a selfish thing to do, and then at that party, I wanted to be popular and fit in and was stupid for trying to, I’m sorry,” I told her.

She just looked at me, then back at the field next to me. “I forgive you,” she said.

“What?” I asked disbelievingly.

“I think years of ignoring you and bitching at you was enough punishment, right?” she smiled softly at me.

I chuckled. “So, will you give me another chance?” I asked her solemnly. She looked at me in the eye, and I was scared of her reaction. She just looked at me and smiled, and a wave of relief went through me. She nodded, and I immediately beamed, hugging her right. She just chuckled. “I missed you so much Trish,” I mumbled, my face buried in the crook of her neck.

“I missed you too Jay, you don’t even know,” she said.

I’ll have to thank Hazelyn for this.

“So, can I buy you dinner, Ms. Flores?” I smirked, holding a hand out.

“Well, yes you may Mr. Dolciani,” she said taking my hand and standing up.

~~Hazelyn POV~~

I left the fast food place, and getting into sleek black BMW M3. They don’t recognize the car, so I’d be safe following them unsuspectedly. I still need to make sure none of them run out or kill each other. A few seconds after I left, I saw them walking out with no words exchanged between them. I just followed them until they stopped at the park. I parked the car – just enough to see them, but not enough for them to see me.

I sat there for a few minutes, figuring that they were talking because they were already turning their heads to face each other. I felt relieved and there was another feeling that I felt. I couldn’t point it out, but it was a weird feeling. I don’t recall ever feeling it, so I just shrugged it off, and kept watching them – focusing on the mission at hand.

A few more minutes flew by, and I saw them hug, then Ryan stood up, holding out his hand and Trisha took it. They walked back towards the fast food place, and I smiled at my accomplishment. I wasn't entirely satisfied with my work, but I just shrugged it off again.

“Good Job, Hazelyn,” I said to myself and drove home, but that same feeling was gnawing at me from the pit of my stomach.