Toxic Valentine

1.

Jack's POV

I guess you could say my boyfriend was a little different, he has anger issues and an unknown mental disorder which makes him see and hear things that aren't there. Everyone who knows him thinks he is crazy and keeps their distance. To me, however, that's what makes Alex, him. Without it he wouldn't be the same, one of the reasons why I love him. No one really knows Alex, I try to hide him, not because I am ashamed or being selfish, but if people found out they would send him away and I would probably never see him again and he would be drugged up on drugs all the time, I am doing it for his benefit. Just the thought of Alex being taken away from me makes me feel sick, I love him so much.
Even though Alex is a little troubled, and different I still love him, even when he annoys me which is rarely because I have to remember that it isn't his fault. Even when Alex is screaming in the middle of the night saying they are going to kill him, they are after him. No matter how late or early I will always go up to him and calm him down. All these things make him, him though. I remember, everything, one time is got really bad and he took a fit


Jack lay on his bed, reading his book minding his own business. It was about 11pm and Jack decided to settle down and sleep. When the clock hit around 3 in the morning Jack shot up by the sound of Alex's screams. Jack and Alex do not share a room because Alex gets paranoid about these ghosts and don't want them to hurt Jack, Alex insisted. So Jack got up out of bed and ran down to his boyfriend's room, when he got there Alex was crying on his bed screaming his heart out.

"They are after me, they are gonna kill me!" He screamed, it made Jack's heart break every time, but he had to get on with it.

So, like always Jack turned on the light and sat next to Alex and pulled him into his chest, making calming noises. Rocking Alex back and forth like a new born baby. The tears on Alex's face kept on running down his cold cheeks. Jack rubbed them away as best as he could. Once Alex had calmed down a little bit he looked up at Jack.

"Jack, why do I have to be like this, I don't understand." Alex sobbed "Please make it stop Jack, please!" Alex begged and began crying again.

Those words broke Jack's heart, because he knew there was nothing he could do, well there were things he could do but he was not going to let Alex go through with all of it.

"I know, but remember what we talked about, those places and that." Jack said.

"..I know. I want to be normal" Alex screamed and stood up.

He began screaming and picked up his wooden chair and smashed it off the wall making it smash into lots of pieces of wood. Jack just had to sit and watch because not even Jack could stop Alex when he is flinging a tantrum. Jack just had a tear rolling down his cheek, scared in case Alex hurts himself. Then, Alex clenched his fists and punched the little matching table until is was only rubble of wood. Alex was sobbing and screaming, he then glanced round the room until he saw his mirror. He lifted it and smashed it off he bed posts. He then flee to his knees and cried, Jack saw he had got blood all over his hands and was dripping on the floor. Jack jumped to his feet and grabbed Alex by his wrists and pulled him out the room making sure not to get hurt by the glass.

Fortunately, once Jack had sat Alex down on his bed and took a closer look at his hands, they were not deeply cut. So Jack went through into the kitchen and got a bowl of warm water and bandages. He returned to bloody Alex and placed his hands in the water, it stung to Alex and he tried to pull away but Jack held them in. Once they were clean Jack wrapped them tightly in the bandages. Jack cleaned up and Alex got into his bed and Jack joined him moments later. Not much was said but Alex had a good cry on Jack's chest, Jack being the good boyfriend that he is just rocked him until he fell asleep, then he placed him down and slept next to him.

The morning came quickly and when Jack opened his eyes, Alex was standing in the doorway with a tray with breakfast on it. Alex smiled and placed the tray on Jack's knees and sat next to him.

"What's all this about?" Jack asked smiling, there were toast, cereal and coffee for the both of them.

"Just to say sorry for last night, and thank you. I don't know what I would do without you, I love you." Alex said pecking Jack's lips.

"Aww you big suck up, I love you to." Jack smiled.

So they both ate their breakfast happy to have each others company.

"Alex, I have to go out for a little bit but, I wont if you want me to stay. You gonna be okay?" Jack said looking sad. He always hated leaving Alex just in case something happened but there are some things that just have to be done and he can't take Alex with him.

"Yeah sure okay!" Alex smiled.

"Are you sure, like, you promise?" Jack has to be 100% that everything is okay.

"Yes, I promise now you have business to take care off c'mon." Alex said smiling.

So once they had their breakfast they both got ready and cleaned Alex's room, Jack then had to go so they said their goodbyes and Jack left. It was all fine for Alex for the first half an hour, then he started to feel uncomfortable, like watched, then hearing little whispers, he could not make out what they were saying however. So to keep Alex busy he decided to clean the apartment. That kinda worked until he was in the middle of hovering and then he started to see dark figures round him, coming closer and closer to him, they were whispering all sorts of stuff, it totally freaked Alex out.

"we're gonna kill you, we're gonna kill Jack. We are going to destroy you, Alex." All these horrible things kept saying these things and surrounding Alex.

Sadly, Alex started to freak out and started screaming. He fell to the ground and closed his eyes, he squeezed his hands to his ears. Although he could not see or hear, these things were still getting to him, he could hear them in his head. Alex had to get out, so he pulled himself to his feet and ran out the house screaming. He ran out his garden and ran up the street screaming.

"They bastards are gonna kill me and my boyfriend! Help me, please, someone!" People were walking past, looking at Alex like he was crazy, people were looking out their windows phoning some people. People were taking their distances.

As Alex was screaming Jack had walking into the street and saw Alex, he ran up to him and help him by the shoulders, looked at him then pulled him into a hug, He rocked him then sat him down. They were sitting on the curb, Alex being rocked and his hair being played with by Jack. Alex calmed down after a while and Jack took him by the hand and led him home. Alex explained to Jack what had happened.

"Promise never to leave me again?" Alex asked Jack as they entered the house.

"I promise." Jack smiled and kissed the top of his head.

Everything went great for the next 2 days until it was early Friday morning. Jack was making some food and Alex was still sleeping. That is, everything was good until there was a repetitive banging at the door. Jack walked quickly to the door, once he opened the door he saw two big men in white scrubs. They were big men, like ones you would not mess with.

"Mr. Barakat?" One asked, Jack gulped.

"Can I help?" Jack asked.

"Yes, we have received many complaints about a Mr.Alex Gaskarth and we are here to take him and examine on him." The colour in Jack's face drained and he shook his head in disbelief.

"No, you can't have him, he is fine here." Jack closed the door but one of the men stopped it with his foot.

"Look Mr.Barakat, he will be going to a better place, he will only keep him until Monday, and we will keep him on contact every day. Then by Monday we will be his normal self. We just want to help." Jack thought for a minute, thinking then eventually sighed.

"Fine, but promise me everything you just said." Jack said, his eyes started to water.

"We promise." They said, Jack knew they were lying but what choice did he have, they were going to take Alex away no matter what, Jack's worst fear had just come to life.

"Fine, c'min I will get Alex ready." The men stood in the hallway.

Jack started to walk upstairs, Alex was sitting on the top, looking at Jack. Jack's eyes are watering but he tried to hide it.

"Alex hunny, these men are here to take you away. But, you will only be gone a few days, they are going to make you better so you don't hear them voices or see anything. Wont that be good?" Jack said wiping away his tears, Alex was grinning nodding. "Now, stay strong and I will phone every day and I will see you on Monday. Now you go get ready I will pack your stuff." Alex nodded "Good boy" Jack kissed Alex's forehead before letting Alex run upstairs into the bathroom.

Jack went into Alex's room and cried, he was so scared, he knew they were evil people but he didn't want to fight about something that he is going to lose anyway, and he didn't want to kick a fight with Alex in the house, that would set him off. Once Jack had a small cry to himself he packed Alex's clothes and gave them to the men. Alex joined them all 10 minutes later. He was grinning away all excited. Jack's eyes were still watering and he couldn't control it.

Jack walked Alex to the car and once he got to the car he had fresh tears rolling down his cheek. Alex giggled and wiped them away.

"I will only be gone a few days then I'll be back and normal! wont that be great!" Alex grinned. Jack smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, it will be great." He pulled Alex into a hug. " I love you Alex, with all my heart."

"I love you to." Jack kissed Alex and Alex got into the car.

They waved goodbye and they drove off. Jack got into the house and sat on the couch and cried, he was so scared. He knew it was a place to get better but something didn't feel right.

Monday came really slowly for Jack. He tried to phone them all the time but every time they said they are to busy. He tried to ask what with but they would not give him an answer. Jack was getting so worried since it was already later Monday evening and wondering where Alex had gotten to. He couldn't wait to see him, he wanted him to healthy and happy. Then came the chapping of the door, he smiled and ran to the door. What Alex doesn't know is that, you never know what is waiting on the other side of a door. Once he opened the door the two men in white scrubs were standing there. Jack let them in and they sat down.

"Whats going on?" Jack asked.

"Well, it's Alex. We put him on medication but we did not realize that his body was not reacting well to them, so as we continued to give him medication, but unfortunately his body shut down due to them. We are so sorry for your loss." Jack sat there in disbelief, he felt the tears make their way down his cheek until they were uncontrollably. He had just lost everything to him, everything Jack loved was now gone. Then, it all made sense.

"No, You noticed his body wasn't working, so to hold off any questions you kept giving it to him until he died. You fucking monsters you killed my boyfriend, get the fuck out my face before I kill you." Jack sobbed. They men left and then it was Jack alone in a http://www.mibba.com/users/stories/chapters-manage/274222/1230652/room crying.

Alex was gone and he was never coming back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am pretty proud of this :D
I would be very happy if you told me what you think (: it would mean a lot :D
This may be turned into a full story ;D

Zoe xx