Status: hope you can read it with the background and all, tell me if you can't =)

This Is War

Prologue

I had never given much thought to the concept of death before. I understood the main things that it involved; obviously, but I had never truly thought about it.
But, now that it has happened to me, I realise that there are many different kinds of death, death of the mind, death of the body, and death of your spirit.
I am one of the lucky ones, only having to experience one of them; death of the body. And even that didn’t last too long, about 4 months I would say.
And after those 4 months of death I have to say that I appreciate life so much more now.
There’s only one problem with being back ‘alive’; I don’t have a clue why I am back, and why I am back like I am.

I should probably explain what I mean, straight out, not be around the bush or anything, there’s no point in doing so.
I was brought back a wolf, something that cannot gain a human appearance; I can only look in on the lives of others, my old friends, my family... Travis, the guy whom I thought loved me, would morn my loss, not move onto the next girl straight after my death.
Travis...
That one word used to make my heart race, make my breathing speed increase as the adrenaline raced around my body.
Not anymore, though. Now that one word brings a metaphorical tear to my eye, seeing as wolves cannot cry. It makes my heart break into a million tiny little pieces, once again metaphorically. I cannot get over the picture of Travis and Alisha kissing at the park, where Travis and I shared our first kiss...where I had my first kiss. Now, the place which I used to go to when I was sad and alone has become the place to make me feel sad and alone, not the place to make me feel happier again.
But the one thing I can say is that I will avenge my death, who dies at 16 without a sign of anything being wrong with them?
Without a sign of an illness.
Without a sign of foul play.
A ‘natural death’, which I now know is definitely a not-so-’natural’-death. How many other people that have suffered a ‘natural’ death have come back four months later in the body of a vanilla furred wolf, which looked like any other wolf would, apart from the eyes; the ice coloured eyes that looked splintered and weak, like looking down a crack in the ice, the depth of splits and splinters was unimaginable.
The wolf was me in wolf form, when I had first looked in the puddle I was shocked at how much the colour of my fur matched the colour that my hair had been, and my eyes that used to be an icy grey had now split, cracked and splintered. Just like my heart had.
I can promise you one thing though, Travis and whoever else may be concerned; This Is War, so be prepared to face the fire.
♠ ♠ ♠
=)