Status: On hold

Opposites Aren't The Only Ones That Attract

Chapter 1: The Concert

I brushed some lip gloss on my bottom lip, and poofed my hair with my hands.

“Are you ready?” My mom asked, appearing around the corner. I nodded.

She insisted on going with my best friend and I, because we needed to be “supervised”. My phone rang.

“Chello,” I said.

“Hey, Jade, I'm really sorry but I can't come tonight. My mom's sick, and I'm scared to leave my dad alone, you know,” She said.

And, I did know. Her dad...well, at least, he's really nice.

“That's fine, Rosie,” I said, looking at my mom, who was staring at me, confused.

“Alright, love you, Jadey!” She said.

“You too, babe,” I said, closing my phone. I sighed and looked at my mom.

“We gotta an empty ticket,” I said, scared of what was going to happen. Apparently, my cousin had been listening at the door, or something.

“Woo!” Nicole, my cousin, yelled.

It's weird to see a 25 year old bouncing around. My mom joined her in bouncing around.

“Come on, Jade, you know you want to!” My mom said.

I did want to. I was so much more excited than I let on. I practically peed my pants when I found out I was going. We were going to this concert for me.

“Well...okay,” I relented, walking over to them.

“Woo! We're going to a concert! Woo!” We chorused together, over and over.

Someone cleared their throat, and we all turned. There stood Nicole's husband and her two year old baby, giving us “the look.”

I looked at my pretend watch.

“Oh my gosh! We're so late!” I screamed, I had no idea what time it was. We all ran out the door.

Turns out we were a twenty seconds late. I wanted to leave two hours before the concert, now it was an hour, fifty-nine minutes, and forty seconds until the concert.

Crap.

So, you could tell I was a nervous wreck, as my cousin drove.

“Are we gonna make it in time? What if we're late? I don't want to be in the back! Drive faster!” I yelled.

“There's a police car right there,” Nicole said, calmly.

“Hit him then floor it! He'll never catch up!” I said. My mom and her sighed.

“We'll get there,” My mom said.

“You don't know! What if a space ship crashes right in front of us, blocking out way? Oh no! I knew we'd be sorry for those twenty seconds,” I moaned.

“Shut up!” They both yelled, turning up the music.

You make me happy, whether you know it or not. We should be happy, that's what I said from the start. I am so happy, knowing you are the one that I want for the rest of my days...For the rest of my days. You're all of my days!” I sang loudly, along with a magical voice.

“I think I liked her blabbering better,” Nicole muttered, to my mom.

“I heard that!” I yelled.

“There it is!” She yelled, pointing at a building. I let out an ear-piercing scream.

Then, I realized the windows were rolled down, and saw an old codger looking at me with disgust. I stuck my tongue out at him, pointed at him, and sang, ”You're looking so cool, you're looking so fly. I can't deny, that when I'm staring you down, dead in the eye, I wanna try to be the person you want, the person you need. It's hard to believe, that somebody like you, would be, with someone like me!

He just stared at me, and I figured that wasn't the best thing to do.

“Harmony Jade! Stop harassing that old man!” My mom yelled.

“Mom, don't call me by my full name,” I moaned. When we parked, it finally hit me that we were here.

“Yes!” I screamed, opening my door and falling out onto the ground. People around me laughed, but I ignored them. I jumped up and started running down the street.

“Other way,” Nicole said.

I did a quick turn, and started running the other way. When I got there, there was two lines, and they were both long. And, when I say long, I mean like around the world....times two.

We stood in the first one for about thirty minutes, until someone noticed our wrists.

“You need to go to that line back there and get your wrist bands,” A teenage guy said. I stared at him, with an open mouth.

“You're serious?” I asked. He nodded.

“Well, can I have yours?” I asked sweetly.

“Uh, no,” He said, looking at me sadly. It was fake sad, of course. Because, if he was really sad, he would have given me his bracelet.

“Cheapo!” I screamed, at him, as I stomped to the other line. I heard my mom thanking him for telling us.

“Harmony Jade! You need to go back there and thank that nice young man for telling us! Now!” She said, pointing at him.

Reason one why I didn't want my mom to come, I have to thank everybody.

I ran back over to him, hugged him tightly, said 'thank you', kissed his cheek, and stomped to the next line. I glanced back, and the guy stood there in shock. I laughed to myself.

After going through Line One, we ran over to Line Two. After about forty minutes, in this line, another guy walked up to us.

“Not another line!” I screamed, causing everybody to look at me.

“Er...no. I wanted to tell everybody that there is no Chapstick, Sharpies, or weapons of any kind allowed, inside the building. If someone brings one in, you will be escorted out,” The man said.

I reached in my back pocket, took out my Chapstick, and threw it on the ground.

Crap on that.



I ran around inside, yelling,” At last! My time has come!”

We found out the concert was downstairs, so I took all 20 steps, in one leap. I ran around the corner, to hear music blasting.

We all got in there, and every time the band yelled, ”Jump,” let me tell you, me, Nicole, and my mom jumped like there was no tomorrow.



After four bands which equals six hours straight of standing up, I finally heard the magic words.

So, I pushed and shoved, until I got closer to the front.

“Everybody, please welcome, the one and only, NeverShoutNever!” The man who was talking into the microphone yelled. I screamed, like I was dying.

You say we're both little people, and you like it that way. But, in time I'm gonna put this body to shame...” Christofer Drew Ingle sang slowly, as he came out on stage.

I sang every word to every song, jumped every time he said to, and cried every second I saw him.

“Thank you, guys! You've been great!” He said, waving and walking off stage. My mom and Nicole started high-tailing it out of here.

“Wait, wait!” I yelled, grabbed them both by the shirts and snapping them back in.

“Honey, he's not coming back,” My mom yelled, as I ran back.

I started screaming, ”Encore! Encore! Encore!”

My mom and Nicole tried pulling me back, but something stopped them.

Bare feet running, back to the stage.

“Do you guys mind if I play the first song I ever wrote for NeverShoutNever?” Christofer asked, and then started.

If it's not those cowboy boots in the Summer. Oh my God, I pray for another, chance to drive down back highways, 'till I stumble upon, your beautiful face,” He pointed at me.

Oh.

My.

Sweet.

Cheese.

I started hyperventilating.

After everything was over, we ran out of there, and to the back of the building. I searched frantically for him, for thirty minutes.

At one point I thought I saw Jeremy, and ran up to him. Turns out, it was just some weird guy, who told me to back off.

“Jade, he's not here,” Nicole said, putting a hand on my back.

I felt so sure I was going to meet him. I was so sure.

I glanced around one more time, hoping a miracle would happen.

It didn't.

I reluctantly left with Nicole and my mom. I looked down at my hands at the bracelet I had made for him. It was made out of twine, with a lot of beads. It took my two days straight to make. I threw it on the ground.

He had plenty of bracelets, anyways.

As I was walking, I felt goosebumps go up my arm, never feeling the tear that dripped off my cheek.



(Chris's POV)

I stepped out of the building, laughing.

“That was a great show!” I said.

“Yeah! But, when is it not?” Asked Jeremy. I shrugged. They all went in the bus.

“You coming, man?” Hayden asked.

“Yeah, in a minute,” I said.

Something was telling me to stay out here.

They all shrugged, and went in, closing the door behind them.

I walked forward a little bit, feeling the concrete on my bare feet. I got a chill, as I continued forward.

I could barely see a girl in the distance, with two other women beside her.

I kept walking forward. I almost turned around, and went back, but my heart told me to keep going.

So, I did.

I walked seven more steps, and got full-blown goosebumps. I looked down, and saw something, so I bent down. I looked at it.

It was a bracelet, it looked hand-made. There was a piece of paper stuck to it.

To Christofer,” It read, in beautiful handwriting.

I picked it up, and looked at it. It looked different than any bracelet, I've ever gotten. I don't know why.

Beside it was a tiny pool of liquid, I stared at it for a minute.

Something didn't feel right.

I sighed, and put the bracelet on. I took one more look at the dot of wetness, on the ground, then went back to the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, yes, another story! I couldn't help it! I just adore Christofer Drew Ingle! Maybe that's because I'm his #1 fan! Yeah, that could be it....And, this chapter is actually a re-make of when I went to his concert. Except my mom and cousin were going in the first place. And, I freaked out way more=D So, I hope you likeee the story!=D