Status: On hold

Opposites Aren't The Only Ones That Attract

Yeah, I Know You.

My cries filled the empty building, so much, that I couldn't even hear the bell, signaling someone had opened the door.



“Excuse me,” I heard a small voice say. I ignored them.

“Excuse me,” They said, slightly louder, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I spun around, shaking their hand off. “We're clo-,” I stopped talking, and just stared at the person in front of me.

There stood a brown-haired, tattooed, shoeless boy.

“I really don't mean to pry, but I don't like to see anyone upset. Especially such a beautiful girl like you. So, if you don't mind my asking, what's got you down?” He asked, with concern in his eyes.

“Life,” I replied, simply.

“Oh, I see. Life can be that way sometimes. If there's more to the story, I'm here to help,” He said.

“No, I don't want to waste your time. It's not your problem,” I said, staring at the wall.

“I've got nothing but time, and plenty of time to waste it,” He said, taking a seat beside me.

I looked up at him, sighing, but reluctantly replied, “I'll just tell it to you straight. My grandmother passed away.”

“Oh, I'm so sorry,” He said, biting his lip.

I smiled weakly, tears still streaming down my face. “It's fine. She's in a better place, you know,” I said.

He smiled back. “Yeah, she is. But, why are you in this diner, all alone?” He asked, confused.

“My grandmother...She owned this diner,” I replied, looking around, my eyes locking on her picture.

“Your grandmother owned this place? Really?” He asked. I nodded. “I come here all the time, when I'm at home.”

“Wow, cool,” I said, smiling.

“I didn't even introduce myself, I'm sorry. My name's C-,” I cut him off.

“I know your name, Christofer,” I replied, laughing.

“Oh, you've heard of me,” He said, looking slightly disappointed.

“Yeah. I love your music! I'm a big fan,” I said, smiling.

His mouth turned up in a half smile. “Thanks, it means a lot,” For some reason his reply sounded rehearsed.

“Are sad, or something?” I asked, scanning his face.

“Oh, no. I'm fine. It's just I wanted to meet someone that didn't mind talking to me.Me. Not 'Christofer Drew,'” He replied.

“I don't mind talking to you. And, just you. Not 'Christofer Drew.' Just Christofer Ingle,” I replied, laughing.

“Really?” He asked, looking up, smiling.

“Really,” I replied, reflecting his smile.

“What would your name be?” He asked.

“What do you think it is?” I asked.

“What?”

“I guessed your name, so it's your turn to guess mine,” I replied, smiling.

“Oh. Well, let's see,” He said, scrutinizing me, with wonder in his eyes, and a smile on his lips. “Rose?” He asked.

I laughed. “Close.”

“What's your name?” He asked, suspicious.

“Jade.”

That's close?” He said, laughing.

“Close enough,” I said, giving him a thumbs up. “Why did you guess that?” I asked, confused.

“Guess what?”

“Rose. Why did you guess Rose?” I asked.

“Oh. Well, because, you're as pretty as a rose,” He replied, smiling.

“Okay, I'm gonna fall for that, sure. Now, what's the real reason?” I asked.

He thought for a second, then his eyes started twinkling. “Because, whenever I call you pretty, your cheeks go rosy red.”

Oh, God. Can you say 'face-palm'?

“Shut up!” I said, laughing.

“Whatever you say, pretty girl,” He replied. And, I could feel blood go to my cheeks. “Aw, there it goes.”

“Well, aren't you a charmer,” I smirked.

“I know, I know. No need to tell me,” He said, jokingly.

I heard the door open, and saw my mom walk in, followed by my dad.

“The fun-,” My mom stopped talking, and looked at Christofer.. Her lips spread into a small smile. “Oh, hello, Chris.” She stuck her hand out, for him to shake.

Chris looked at me, wide-eyed. “My mom; big fan, big fan,” I replied.

“Oh! Hello, Mrs..,” Chris looked around, panicky.

“Dupree,” I whispered in his ear.

“Mrs. Dupree,” He shook my mom's hand.

“Oh, please, just call me Mary,” She said, shaking his hand.

“Alright...Mary,” Chris flashed a smile that could...win a smiling contest.

My mom practically giggled. “And, this is my husband, John,” She replied, motioning to my dad.

“My daughter...she's a huge fan of yours, you know,” He said, shaking Chris' hand.

“Oh, really?” Chris said, looking at me, smiling.

“Don't I know it! She won't stop playing your music; day and night, it's always blasting,” My mom said, waving her hands in the air.

“Alright, thanks mom and dad, but sharing time's over,” I said, glaring at them. They laughed.

Oh, of course, it's quite funny from their side, I bet.

“Mr. and Mrs. Dupree-,” My mom looked at him. “I mean Mary and John, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I come to this diner all the time, when I'm at home,” Chris said.

“Oh, thank you so much, dear. It really means a lot,” My mom replied.

“Hey, hon, we need to finish making the calls,” My dad said to my mom.

“Oh, okay, you're right.” She looked at Chris. “It was really nice to meet you, Chris.”

“You, too,” Chris said, smiling.

If I could marry that smile...yeah, I would.

My parents walked into the back room, and Chris turned to me. I was just staring at him. I could move, I tried to, but I couldn't.

Move, move, move, you freak. Okay, just blink....Fine, don't blink, whatever. Make him think you're a weirdo, like I c-

“Uh, are you okay, Jade?” Chris, asking, waving his hand in front of my face.

I smiled. “Yeah, I'm great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
That ending was like, "Meh." I edited this a lot, but still don't really like it. Well, I like the line,

"I've got nothing but time, and plenty of time to waste it."

Yeah, I really like that line :D

And, I know it went from, "OMG! I'M SO SAD!" to "LET ME FLIRT WITH YOU, CHRIS!" really fast, and I didn't mean to do that. But, I can't fix it, so deal :D

But, did you like that one? Yay? Nay?

I'm also thinking about making another story, not sure if it's going to be a fan-fic or not. You never know. Inspiration's hit, and I like it :D

So, is anyone going to the NSN Harmony tour? Me is :D

Oh, and, I want at least 5 comments, from new people preferably, before I upload the next chapter. So, the minute I get 5 comments, the minute a chapter will be up. DO IT FOR CHRIS!