Status: INCOMPLETE

Vampirates: Before the Beginning

Chapter 2 - Until Death Do Us Part

They next morning, I was up before everyone else. In fact, I never went to bed. I had spent all evening rehearsing how I would tell Darcy what I was. I would re-read her journal over and over tailoring my speech to her pages. Finally, as the sun rose over the ocean I knew what I would say. I knew how to tell her. And I would. I would tell Darcy what I was, and nothing could stop me.

I made my way down the passageways through the ship, navigating until I found myself standing at the door to her cabin. I reached out to knock, but before I had the chance to, the door opened and a surprised Darcy stood before me. We stood there a few moments, not saying a word, until Darcy broke the silence,

"I.. I'm sorry about last night. It was stupid and bold of me, and I shouldn't have left my journal with you.. I just.."

I cut her off and reached out to hold her shoulders,

"No! Don't be sorry. I'm so glad you did. I want to tell you something. I want to tell you what was bothering me last night."

As I spoke, her face turned from embarrassed to intrigued.

"Over the last few months since you've come aboard, I've started to realize how much you mean to me. How much I need to be with you. Not just as friends, but as more than that. As.. As.." I stuttered, searching for words.

"As lovers?" Darcy offered.

"Yes! As lovers. As a man and women who are in love should be. As two people who.." Suddenly the rest of my words were muffled as her lips crashed onto mine. Her right hand held my face as her left wrapped around my waist. After what seemed like an eternity in heaven, she broke the kiss and looked up into my eyes.

I was never more aware of how much I wanted her. How much I needed her in every way possible.

I grabbed her and kissed her with a passion so lustful and fiery that not even a thousand suns could match. I pulled her closer to me as my lips massaged hers, realizing that no matter how close our bodies became, it would never be enough. Her hands tangled through my hair, and my arms held her tightly. Suddenly Darcy gasped, and momentarily jerked away from me.

"That hurts, Fay." Her eyes pleaded with me to be gentle. In that moment, I realized just how fragile she was. Just how easily broken humanity really is. How could I tell her.. how could I risk hurting her? If I was to be myself, than I would break her. I would surely be her end. But I couldn't be without her either. I was stuck at a crossroads. Would I go on, loving but also lying to her? Or would I walk away..

Before I could think, she took me by the hand and pulled me into her cabin. The door was quickly shut and once again her lips met mine. This time though, it was her who kissed me roughly. Almost madly. As if she needed it as she needed air.. And perhaps she did.

Forgetting everything I gave in to the kiss. As we sank into the throws of passion, I felt almost human. I felt.. alive.

"Fay.. I.. I love you." her soft lips whispered as they brushed against mine. I wrapped my arms around her, and pulled her closer. Though this time I was careful to be gentle. My lips traveled from her mouth, to her jaw to her neck. The kisses remained passionate but I also let my tongue taste her sweet skin. Managing to resist the urge I was now so aware of, I returned my mouth to hers.

I had never known anything like this before, and now that I had tasted it, I could never give her up. We would be together always. Until death do us part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. But I hoped you like it, and I will of course be adding more. <3