My Normal Life

Chapter Three

I got back to reality then walked my way to class. "Ami wait," Brett said. I just kept on walking. He repeated my name 3 times and I kept ignoring him. I walked into the locker room and stood next to JoJo. "Hey," she said. "Hey, do we have to do anything in here today?" "I don't know. She hasn't told us yet, why?" "I just don’t feel like doing anything right now." "Not even talking to your bestie?...That really hurts," she said dramatically and sarcastically. "You know I love you," I said giving her a hug. "I know, I'm just giving you a hard time." She smiled and we both laughed.
Our gym teacher came out and said that we can have a free day. Everyone cheered and went to do something or talk to each other. JoJo and I sat down, facing each other. "So what happened after lunch that made you not walk with your besties and that new girl?" "She has a name you know and I bumped into him." "Him who?" "Him as in Brett." "Oh did you guys finally talk to each other?" "He tried to talk to me but I just walked away." "Why?" "I just didn't want to talk to him then, so what happened last night?" "What do you mean?" "You told me something happened last night now what is it?" "Well...." "well.... what?" "Chris gave me his class ring," she said ecstatically. "Oh. My. God." "I know." I smiled and was about to say something but the bell rang. "Hey, I got to go across the school so can we talk about this later," JoJo asked. "Sure," I said.
The last three classes went by so fast. Choir with Chris was a breeze and so was Physics but my last period, Spanish, was not. I had it with Brett and he kept trying to talk to me. It got really annoying, the bad part of it was that Brett and I had to be partners in a project. The bell rang for everyone to go home. I ran out the door so fast, Brett couldn't even say one word to me. Good. I went outside of school, looking for Chris's car but couldn't find it. As I was pulling out my phone, Chris snuck up right behind me and yelled. I screamed and jumped so high. "Haha, I scared you," he said. "Its not funny." "Oh yes it is." "What is what," JoJo asked, confused. "When did you get here," I asked. "About a minute ago." "oh. Scaring me is sooo not funny, Chris." "You scared her, shame on you." Chris put on a fake sad face. I stuck my tongue out at him. "You're suppose to take my side, babe." "Sorry but this time I'm on Mimi's side," JoJo said. I laughed, then some dude honked and Chris and JoJo started walking over to the car.
I just stood there, confused. "Come on, Mimi." "Why are we not taking Chris's car?" "Lightening is in the shop," Chris said. "Who's Lightening?" "My car…." "Oh, who is this?" "You ask a lot of questions for a quiet person." "Who said I was quiet," I asked while getting in the car. "You did freshman year." "Oh I did? Humph, so who is this again?" "My brother, Jason, remember?" "Not really." "You don't remember me giving you the most awesomeness present last year for your birthday," Jason asked while driving away from the school. "Oh yeah. Now I remember. You gave me Rock Band for a present." "Yea i did." I looked out the window while we were driving and Chris said something to Jason. I didn't really pay attention to what they were saying. I saw that they passed both mine and JoJo's house, about to pass their own. "Where are we going," I asked but no one answer. I asked the question two more times before Chris said with a sigh, "Its a surprise." We pulled up to someone’s driveway. It looked really familiar. That’s when it hit me. “Umm….What are we doing here,” I asked with a confused look on my face. “You’ll See,” Chris said. Chris got out of the car and JoJo jumped out of the back. I just sat there, motionless.
“Don’t make me drag you out.” “Do it. I don’t care but I’m NOT talking to him.” “Why not?” “He completely ignored me…and walked away while I was trying to talk to him.” “Just Come On. Please. For me?” He made a puppy dog face WHICH he knows I can’t resist. “…Ugg. Fine.” I got out of the car. “Thank You!” “Your welcome.” Next thing I knew Jason was backing out of the driveway. I looked at Chris. “Where’s he going?” “Somewhere away from here.” “Why,” I asked with a confused face. “Just in case.” “Oh.” JoJo and him walked up to the front door while I trailed behind. He knocked on the door while we(JoJo & I) just stood there. Ms. Lawson, Brett’s Mom, answered the door. “Oh, Why Hello there Ami. What a nice, unexpected surprise.” “I know. Sorry. I should’ve called first.” “No, no. It’s fine. Who are your friends?” “This is Chris,” I said while pointing to him, “and this is Juno,” pointing to her. “Nice to meet you. Are you a friend of Brett’s as well?” “No, Ma’am,” they both said. “Oh. I see.” “We –well I came to talk to Brett. Is he here,” I asked. “No. Not yet. He should be here in a few minutes if you want to came in and wait.” “That would be nice,” I said with a grin. We walked inside and sat in the living room. “I’ll be right back,” Ms. Lawson said. After she left, it became super quiet like the scary kind of quiet. After what it seemed like 10 minutes, which was actually 2 minute, Brett walked into the door. “Hey mom I’m-“ He looked straight at me. “Hi,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. I know. Next one will be longer.