Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Selfish Sorrow

I dropped the book like it was the plague and Shane looked at me with a confused.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

I pointed at the book with a shaky finger. His eyebrows pulled together as he picked up the book.

“The Death Eyes?” He questioned.

“J-Jimmy said he s-saw it on everyone, except you, Carly, Vera, Audrey and Zach,” I stuttered and held Jimmy closer to me.

“You have this?”

I nodded confirming my fear.

Shane stared down at the book with a guilty and ashamed look set upon his face.

“What is it?” I asked trying to get rid of the fear biting at me.

“I have been absolutely terrible to you,” he started, “And I had no right to hate you, but I did. I’m so sorry,” I couldn’t be sure but I thought I saw a tear of blood slide down his face but he wiped whatever it was away.

“You have no reason to apologize, they all once didn’t trust me, except Vera, and Audrey actually hated me when I saved her. So it’s okay,” I smiled sadly.

He said nothing.

And then I let the fear eat away all of the strength I had left. The fear of dying alone without my family or my friends. The fear of the pain I would go through the loss of the ones that I love. The fear of leaving my people and my friends unprotected.

And then a thought came to my mind. What if I didn’t have to leave them unprotected?

I let out a shaky breath and saw Shane look at me.

“You can’t tell anyone about this,” I told him.

“Why not?” he asked shocked.

“Because it would through everyone into a panic, and Jimmy could be killed because of what he is,” I told him gesturing to Jimmy who was asleep next to me, “And I don’t want anyone to worry, there too much going on as there is. I will tell them when the time is right.”

He frowned.

“I have an idea on who will take over when I’m… gone,” I told him my throat tightened and my voice turned thick.

“And who is that?”

“My brother,” I answered.

“Tristan?” He asked.

“How did you know his name?” I didn’t remember telling him.

“Vera told me.”

“Oh.”

“But wasn’t he turned? And how do you know he is still out there?”

“Yes he was, but he still has the bloodline, which still makes him eligible for the throne even with his immortality. And I don’t know,” I said truthfully, “But I have to try.”

“When are you leaving?” he almost looked pained to say that, but I didn’t know why.

“The sooner the better,” I concluded, “But I need you to help keep me sane, so you can come if you want.”

“What about Carly?” He asked he looked happier but it was masked but the sadness.

“She can’t, it’s too dangerous out there. But she will be safe here and Vera will take care of her and Jimmy,” I reassured him.

“Who else is going?” he asked.

“Um, we’re going to need Colton, if we run into werewolves he also can help us track down Tristan. We’re also going to need Zach, he’s probably the strongest out of all of us, and I think that’s it,” I told him.

He nodded.

“You should probably start packing; we’ll leave in a day or so,” I stated, depressed.

“Why do you sound so sad?” he asked.

“Because I don’t know if I’m going to come back,” I confessed.

Shane look down at the floor shadows masked his face preventing me from seeing his expression.

“I’m going to go find Carly,” he whispered and trudged out of the room closing the door letting the light of the moon guiding me to my closet.

And it was there I fell to my knees in agony and sobbed in selfish sorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is kind of short =[. And I am running out of hints!!! Gr, so I am just going to put random things about the unknown dude.
HINT: The unknown person hates Blaine Locke. Useless, I know, but it's all I've got right now.