Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Elizabeth

I felt a shiver of fear run down my spine as I walked further into the cave forcing my eyes to stare at the threatening red eyes.

I was about ten feet away from fifteen feet away from the immortal. From the vampire.

“A-a-are you injured?” I asked.

The vampire hissed at me.

“You’re thirsty,” I remembered, “I’ll be right back.”

I ran out of the cave and over to Aiden. I searched the pouch that was hooked to his saddle and found four blood bags. I smiled, I always kept some incase Jimmy got thirsty.

I spirited towards the damp cave avoiding the spots of blood carefully.

I sighed as I set the bags down on the dirt covered floor and walked back to the entrance and sat on the ground and waited.

“It’s blood,” I told the vampire.

Almost immediately the vampire pounced onto the packets and I could finally see what he or she looked like.

It was a woman. She had very long black hair that masked most of her face. She was around my height, from what I could tell, and she was probably in her twenties – but you could never tell with immortals. She was dressed in torn rags. But what caught my attention were the large gashes on her leg and shoulder that were oozing the black liquid.

She was done in minutes and went back to her spot and hissed at me. But her eyes were no longer red; they were a very familiar green.

“What’s your name? I’m Cassiel,” I asked her softly.

“I know who you are,” she seethed, “And I don’t have to answer to you.”

“I understand,” I told her.

It was quiet for a few minutes and she spoke again, “Why did you give me blood? Why did you even have blood in the first place?”

“Because I knew that you were hungry, and I wanted to help. I know if I was in a bad situation, I would want someone to help me. And I have an adopted son who is a vampire, so I have to be ready for everything,” I smiled at her.

She looked saddened after I said ‘son.’

“I know you probably wouldn’t want to, but would you like to go to the castle? You could be safe there, and you would get two pints of blood a day,” I offered, “No one can hurt you there.”

“I don’t need any help,” she stated stubbornly as she tried to get up, but ended up clutching her wound on her leg.

“Well, could I at least help your injuries?” I asked.

She sighed in defeat.

I smiled, “Let me call my friend and I will be right back.”

The vampire just held her leg with her back to me.

I sighed and walked over to Aiden. I pulled out my cell phone and attempted to find a signal. I smiled when I found it by some bushes and quickly dialed Vera’s number.

“WHERE ARE YOU?!” she screamed after not only the first ring.

“Um, I’m in the forest,” I confessed.

“Are you hurt? Are you alone? Are you okay?” she babbled.

“Well, no to the second one. But I am okay, but someone’s hurt and I’m going to need your help,” I told her.

“It’s an immortal isn’t it?” she sighed.

“Vampire,” I answered.

“Alright, where are you?” she asked.

“I think I’m in the south west corner,” I told her as I recognized some of the shrubs and trees.

“Alright, I’ll be there soon, don’t touch any blood,” she ordered.

“I won’t,” I promised as I hung up and placed the phone in the pouch and carefully walked back to the cave and leaned against the rock outside.

“Elizabeth Launer,” the vampire spoke softly.

I glanced at her confused.

“My name is Elizabeth Launer.”

“Launer? As in Shane and Carly Launer?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate writing short crappy chapters, but I have a slight writers block! And this chapter goes to - SweetLilBabyGirl for her comment!

I don't have any hints...