Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Changed

Her eyes went wide and she limped over to me.

“Where are they? Are they alright?” she whispered her standoff exterior had vanished.

“They’re perfectly fine,” I assured her, “They are back at the castle.”

She bit her lip and sat down across from me.

“You can still come to the castle to see them, and you are very welcomed to stay there,” I offered.

“Alright, I’ll go,” she gave me a small smile, “I haven’t seen them since Carly was six months old.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, how are you related to them?” I asked her.

“I’m their mother,” she answered.

I smiled, “Well then it’s an honor to meet their mother.”

She gave me a small smile, “I miss them so much.”

“Would you like me to tell you how they’re doing?” I asked wrapping my arms around my legs and rested my chin on my knees.

“Please,” her eyes sparkled with glee.

“Well, Carly is very beautiful little girl. She has become friends with my adopted son, Jimmy. She loves drawing pictures and she very good at it. And she is the sweetest little girl I have ever met,” I told her.

“What about Shane?” she asked wiping her teary eyes.

“He’s very protective over Carly,” I grinned, “I can tell that he loves her a lot. He’s nice and caring when he wants to be.”

“Has Shane turned into a full immortal yet?” she questioned.

“No, he hasn’t,” I answered, “He still has a heartbeat.”

When an immortal is born, they weren’t fully ‘changed.’ They had to have time to grow and learn. And around their late teens to early twenties, they would become immortal, they would stop aging, their blood would turn black and turn into poison, and they didn’t need blood on a daily basis. But going through the change was just as painful as being poisoned with immortal blood.

I heard trotting and looked to my left to see Vera riding Tessa. She tied Tessa next to Aiden and ran over to us with a black bag in hand.

“Hey Vera,” I smiled at her.

“Are you alright?” she asked hurriedly.

“I’m fine,” I told her, “This is Elizabeth Launer, Shane and Carly’s mother.”

Vera’s eyes went wide for a few seconds and then smiled, “It’s nice to meet you.”

Vera sat down beside her and looked at her injured leg.

“I’ve never seen a bite like this before. What happened?” Vera asked pulling out the hydrogen peroxide bottle and poured it into the gash.

“It was a male vampire. He looked… odd. He wasn’t wearing slave clothes either. He was dressed in a black Victorian suit and he had a horse with him. He attacked me, but I got away,” she explained wincing as Vera wrapped the gauze around it.

I bit my lip, “What did he look like?”

“He has blue eyes and dark blonde hair. He looked around his twenties and was tall,” she listed.

My eyes went wide for a moment and quickly shook that idea out of my head. It couldn’t be.

“Well let me just patch up your shoulder and you can go,” Vera told her.

“She’s actually coming to the castle with us,” I told her.

“Alright,” Vera nodded as she finished wrapping Elizabeth’s shoulder.

“Let’s go,” I sighed and helped Elizabeth up.

I worked my way around the blood spatters and mounted Aiden.

“You can ride with either of us, you can choose,” I told Elizabeth.

“I’ll go with you,” she answered and got on Aiden behind me.

I followed Vera back to the castle, trying to shake away the feeling of being watched as we approached the opened gates.

I led Aiden to his stall and gave him a few carrots before I walked into the castle with Vera and Elizabeth following quietly behind me.

“You probably want to get out of that,” I guessed, “Vera could you go get her one of my gowns?”

“Sure,” Vera smiled one last time before she ran up the stairs.

“There’s a bathroom down at the end of the hall, you can freshen up in there while I go get Shane and Carly,” I told her.

“Thank you,” she responded.

I smiled and walked up the stairs checking in every room trying to find them.

When I walked into my room I glanced out my window to see Shane, Carly and Jimmy in the garden near the fountain. I smiled and bounded down the stairs an out the back door.

I approached them and Jimmy immediately hooked onto my leg.

“Cassie!” he shouted and he climbed onto my back.

“Hey Jimmy,” I smiled kissing his head that was resting on my shoulder.

“Where did you go? The whole castle went out looking for you,” Shane questioned frowning his eyebrows.

“I just needed to be alone,” I answered, “But I wasn’t alone for very long.”

“What do you mean?” he asked holding Carly’s hand.

“I found someone who wants to meet you, and I think you probably want to meet her too,” I smiled.

Shane looked even more confused.

“Follow me,” I told them walking inside and went to the living room where Elizabeth was sitting on the couch her back to us.

“Elizabeth?” I called and stepped aside letting her have full view of Shane and Carly.

She turned around and her eyes filled with bloody tears.

“Mom?” I heard Shane ask awed.

“Shane, Carly,” Elizabeth shot out of her seat and embraced them with tears running down her face.

Carly looked confused but hugged her nonetheless.

“What happened? Where’s Dad? Are you okay?” Shane questioned bewildered.

“I ran into another vampire while I was in the forest after I escaped from my master. Your father and I were separated from each other a few months ago, and I am now, this young lady saved me,” Elizabeth smiled at me.

“You saved our mother?” Shane asked.

I nodded bowing my head slightly, “We can try and find you dad when we go look for Tristan.”

Shane walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me making my heart kick into overdrive.

“Thank you, for everything,” he breathed.

“Anytime,” I smiled embracing him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
TA-DA but the Zach fans are probably mad at me for that one - but oh well. =D And sorry for the sucky chapter =[