Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Mate

“Zach, could you please watch Jimmy for a few minutes? I need to go… check on something,” I asked phrasing my words carefully.

“Um, sure, Cassie,” he looked confused as I ran upstairs, to my bedroom.

“Where is it?” I sighed checking on tables, my bed, and above my fireplace.

And then I remembered I dropped it. I sprinted over to my bed and looked under it, smiling ruefully as I pulled the book out from under the bed.

It was the book, the book that terrified me, the book that practically told me that I was sentenced to death; it was the book about demons.

I flipped it open and ripped out a page as soon as I saw it; I ripped it out of the book and threw it into my lit fire place. I smiled having the feel of satisfaction as I watched the edges burn turning as black as the picture of the black eyes of death that were starting at me – waiting for me.

I sighed having the sense of relief when I turned away from the fire and back to the book, flipping through the pages trying to find out why Jimmy was running such I high fever – he usually only got hot when it was dark out, and right now the sun was shining through the clouds proving my theory false.

I saw a title saying ‘Heed a Demons Warning’ I bit my lip and started reading.

‘When a demon is trespassing on another demon’s territory, they give off a powerful scent. They get fevers to help spread the scent around their territory, warning the other demons of their presence. Other demons cannot see it, but they can smell it. Only the demon that is giving off the scent and his claimed mate can see the flames of the scent.’
Flames.

I reflexively gazed out the window to the flames that were spreading across the dark forest. It seemed to flicker wildly when I quickly looked away from it, like it was angry.

I suddenly felt like there was a sharp piece of ice trailing along the contours of my spine, through the fabric of my dress, it was familiar, it was fear.

And then I felt something I would probably never forget. I felt the sensation of someone tracing a design on the back of my neck, it was gentle, but that made it all the more frightening. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, and the hair rose on the back of my neck as I heard a laugh, a familiar yet terrifying laugh that made me scream as loud as I could.

I didn’t turn around, I was far too terrified to, when I heard a hiss in my ear and the sound of glass shattering loudly and the faint pressure on my neck was released only to have a surge of agonizing pain replace it.

I could see nothing, I could hear nothing, and I could feel nothing than the pain radiating from the back of my neck where he traced.

And there was only a single thought, a fearful thought, a thought that made me loose every single strand of hope and joy that I held on to for dear life.

He was back.

***

(Shane’s P.O.V.)

I heard a terrifying scream echo throughout my mind.

“What was that?” I heard my mother ask, but I didn’t answer, I just ran.
I sprinted up the stairs and just about busted Cassiel’s door, needing to know if she was alright.

And she most defiantly wasn’t.

I found her on her bed, her fragile frame shaking violently. Her back was to me, so I couldn’t see her expression. I could hear her broken sobs escape her mouth. And then I could smell it.

Her blood.

I could faintly see red soaking her golden hair, staining it as it spread violently.

I saw Audrey, Zach, and Vera burst in the room, with frantic looks on all of their faces. Audrey immediately sat next to Cassiel on her bed quickly stroking her back, murmuring too fast for comfort. Zach followed but kneeled down in front of her and held her face asking frantically what was wrong. Vera was by the shattered window, with her face set in a mask of confusion and fear.

I quickly stood behind Zach, trying to figure out what happened.

Cassiel’s expression was broken and terrified, like she was confronted with a fate worse than
death. Tears flowed out of her eyes, making my heart clench in despair of not knowing what bastard did this to her. In her hands she held on to a book, as if it was the only thing keeping her here. But what was the most terrifying were her eyes, they weren’t focused on anything as she started at the broken window, she was looking through us.

I heard Audrey gasp covering her mouth as she moved Cassiel’s hair to see what was on Cassiel’s neck.

I looked over and carved into the flesh of her neck was, “YOU’RE MINE.”

And then I could faintly hear the voice of the little boy, Michael, whispering defeated, “He’s here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And DUN DUN DUUUUUUN! Haha Guess who's back?! Well, you won't find out who 'he' is until another 7-15 chapters. Aren't I evil? Oh and I have this idea of giving songs to my character's I've got most of them, and I'll post one on each chapter I update =]

Zach's Song - "Think Twice" by Eve 6
(This is the perfect song for Zach, don't ya think?) =]