Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Pack

(Shane’s P.O.V.)

I ran my hands through my hair angrily as I watched her body shake in fear every time someone touched her. I felt helpless as I watched her lying their frozen with fear of whoever did this to her.

“I’m sorry, Cassiel,” I apologized as I pushed her hair out of her face.

She shuttered in fear and squirmed away from me. I sighed.

“Would you stop touching her, it’s not going to make her feel any safer,” Zach snarled at me.

“Well at least I’m trying to help her,” I hissed back.

“Vera said wait until she ready, and you’re just making it worse for her,” he glared at me.

“Guys,” Audrey whispered, we ignored her.

“And you know what’s best for her?” I scoffed.

“Guys,” Audrey cautioned frantically.

“I’m her best friend and I know her better than anyone,” he smirked at me, challenging me.

“Well if you know absolutely every single thing about her, then why didn’t she tell you about the D-,” I cut myself off immediately.

“GUYS!” Audrey screamed at us.

“What?” Zach hissed at her irritated.

“Look!” she pointed to the now opened closet and I looked just in time to see a few strands of golden hair, Cassiel’s hair.

I glanced at the bed to see that it was empty.

“Shit,” I muttered under my breath and followed her into the closet.

“Cassiel!” Zach called.

I could faintly hear a small voice repeating, “I need to find Tristan.”

“Where is she?” Audrey huffed as she looked through the racks of clothes.

I saw some dresses in the far corner of the large closet move, like someone was jerking it frantically.

“Over there,” I ran over to where I saw the dress move and saw Cassiel sitting on the floor tugging on the fabric until it came loose and set it into the pile muttering, “I have to find Tristan,” over and over again.

“Cassiel?” I asked touching her back lightly.

She jerked away from me, but went back to pulling down the dresses and setting them into a pile, but then she got up and walked out of the closet and back into her room.

“What is she doing?” I asked Audrey.

“I don’t know,” she confessed as the three of us followed her.

“Cassie?” Zach called as we looked around her room, she wasn’t there but I could hear bottles dropping in her bathroom.

Then she came out starring at nothing and dropped multiple items onto her bed and walked back into her closet. And she came out not even a minute later, she came back into the room with the pile of clothes that she created in her closet and set it on the bed next to the bottles and bent down and got a suitcase out from under her bed and started putting her clothes in it muttering the same line over and over again.

“She’s packing,” sighed Vera as came into the room.

“I know that, but why?” Audrey questioned.

“Have not heard her?” Zach asked her, frustrated.

“But she was just attacked not even thirty minutes ago,” she narrowed her eyes at him

“All the more reason,” I muttered under my breath.

“But she doesn’t need to look for him,” Zach glared at me, “I can protect her, I promised her I would.”

“Look at her, Zach,” I hissed back at him as I kneeled down next to Cassiel, “You obviously aren’t capable of protecting her.”

His lip curled back exposing his teeth and crouched down aiming to strike.

But before he could Cassiel got up and faced him, tilting her head to the side as if she was confused.

“Zach? What are you doing?” she asked him quietly.

All of the hatred that appeared to be set permanently on his face whenever he was around me, vanished and was replaced with worry and fear.

“Cassie,” he sighed relived, “Are you okay?”

“I… don’t know,” she answered wincing as she held her neck, “What happened?”

“You were attacked, Cassiel,” Vera told her touching her shoulder lightly.

She went quiet for a few minutes not breathing a word until she sighed, “Oh.”

“Do you know who would attack you?” I asked her.

She turned around with her eyes wide as she faced me.

“No,” she answered and looked down at her carpeted floor with fear written on her face.

I knew that she was lying, but didn’t say anything.

“Is Colton here?” she asked Vera.

“No, but he’ll be back soon, and he knows about going to find Tristan and will help you find him,” she answered her.

“That’s good,” she breathed.

“Great the dog’s coming,” Zach hissed.

“Be nice,” Cassiel scolded him.

He looked down, like a child that got caught trying to steal a cookie. I smirked, amused.

“Are you boys packed yet?” she asked us.

“No,” I told her.

“No,” Zach repeated me.

“Well you better start, because we’re leaving tonight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And so the adventure beings (sort of). Ha ha, and I have a lot of ideas for some 'little' bumps in the road. Mwa haw haw haw (I'm so evil). Love you guys!

The unknown person's song - "Afflicted" by Age Of Daze.