Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Sick

I felt tears down my face. It felt like there was a huge amount of weight on my chest, preventing me from breathing. I felt myself shaking, and I couldn’t stop. A wave of nausea washed over me, drowning me. All I could see was the dark shadow attacking Jimmy’s parents.

I could faintly hear Shane’s frantic voice calling out, but it sounded farther away.

And soon the nausea was too much, and I vomited. That was the only thing that broke me away from the image.

“Cassie?” I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him horrified, trying to suppress the bile that tried to come up again, but it was no use.

I felt Shane pull my hair away from my face gently, “Shhh, Cassie. It’s okay.”

When my gagging fit ended, I looked at the vomit in disgust. I could still taste the rancid flavor on my tongue.

“Cassie…” I heard Shane say hesitantly.

I felt blood rush to my face, burning my skin.

“S-Shane… Oh my God, I-I’m sorry,” I apologized; embarrassed as I looked at the vomit that was mocking me. I didn’t throw up on him, thank God.

“It’s okay,” he told me softly, handing me a water bottle.

“That’s Colton’s,” I objected, pushing his hand away weakly.

“Do you think I care if it’s Colton’s or not, now drink,” he pushed the bottle into my shaking hands.

I sighed twisting the cap open and to a swing. I sloshed the liquid around in my mouth for a moment and spit it out. I put the cap back on and set it behind me.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“No, not really,” I answered him, standing up.

“You should go lay down in the carriage,” he suggested standing beside me, his arms were outstretched slightly.

“No, I’m not sick,” I leaned against a nearby tree, “I’m scared.”

“About the man in the woods? Cassie, he’s not going to hurt you, I won’t let him,” he stated seriously, his green eyes burned into mine.

“He’s part of it,” I gave him an empty smile, trying to ignore my heart that was beating erratically, “Do you remember, when Zach told you Jimmy’s parents were killed by werewolves?”

He nodded hesitantly.

“Those werewolves didn’t kill Clara and Blaine,” I told him.

“Who did?”

I shook my head, “What does it matter who killed them, he got away with it, he will always get away with it.”

“He?”

I changed the subject, “I think Clara’s trying to tell me something.”

“Clara? But she’s dead,” he frowned at me.

“So is Michael,” I reminded him, “He has his own way of making his presence know. Clara has her own way.”

“She showed you what killed her and Blaine?” he guessed.

“She showed me what killed them,” I corrected, “but she showed me other stuff too.”

He waited for me to go on.

“There was this ball, and King Derik showed up, he told Clara that she was going to regret choosing Blaine over him. And then she found out she was pregnant with Jimmy, but she didn’t seem happy about it at first. Your mom was there too,” I told him.

“My mother was close friends with Clara,” he said.

“She knows something happened to Clara,” I stated.

“Well yeah, Clara disappeared three years ago,” Shane told me.

“No, before that,” I corrected, “I think Derik did something to her.”

“Like what?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I lied, “but I know it’s not good.”

“What else did she show you?”

“She burned photos, I don’t know of whom, though. And Derik came back and captured Clara, Blaine, and Jimmy, and I guess put them into slavery. They somehow escaped and…” I trailed off biting my lip.

“And?” Shane urged me to continue.

“A demon attacked them.”
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHAHAHA!!!! More suspense! Shocker, I know! OH! And guess what?! SOMEONE GOT THE WHOLE THING RIGHT THIS TIME!!!! It was 1/10 guesses so good job! But I can't tell you that you got it right, until you find out everything!!! I'm evil! And this chapter is dedicated to Neon_Skies_Killjoy for her amazing comment! So thank you again!