Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Blaine

My breath was stolen away from me as I reached for my gun. I fumbled with the trigger, but it was jerked out of my hand and flew across the room. I could hear the boys shouting and frantic stumbling. But it was no use, the shadow bolted towards me and everything disappeared.

***

(Shane’s P.O.V.)

I felt like ice as I saw the shadow come towards Cassiel. It broke up in pieces, shoving itself down Cassiel’s throat and eyes, until there was nothing but air above her limp body falling towards the ground, still clutching the doll. I caught her before she hit the ground; my hand stroked her face in panic, “CASSIEL! Please, Cassie! Talk to me,” I begged her, helpless.

But she stayed motionless.

No.

No!

NO!

Her body started convulsing vigorously, her eyes shut, hiding her beautiful eyes from me.

“What’s happening to her?” Colton asked kneeling next to us.

“She’s fighting it,” I choked on the words.

“What is ‘it’?” Colton asked softly.

“A demon’s shadow,” I stroked her hair gently, encouraging her, “It’s trying to take control of her body. She won’t make it unless she fights it off.”

“’Won’t make it’?” Zach asked panicked.

“She’ll die if it takes over,” I hissed, my throat tightening, and anger flooded through me. I hated that thing that was inside of her, hurting her. I wanted to rip it out of her, and torture the worthless son of a bitch for even thinking of hurting her.

“What do we do?” Colton picked up the gun she dropped.

“We wait.”

***

(Cassiel’s P.O.V.)

I couldn’t see, smell, or feel anything, but I could hear. But it wasn’t the boys, no, it was just one soothing voice.

“Shush, Cassiel, you’re fine, I’m not going to hurt you,” a man’s voice whispered.

That didn’t ease my panic, if anything, it made it worse.

“GET OUT! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT OF MY BODY!” I screamed.

“Cassiel! Listen to me! I’m not going to take your body, I’m not going to hurt you or your friends,” he told me.

I whimpered, afraid, “What do you want?”

“To help you,” he murmured.

“Why?” I wanted to shrink, to hide.

“My name is Blaine Damon Locke,” he told me gently.

I felt shock seep into me as I processed his words – he was Jimmy’s father.

“What?” I asked after a moment.

“I know it must seem weird for me to be coming to you now…” I could feel the smile in his voice, “But you need my help, and I need yours.”

“What do you need?” I questioned him.

“I can’t find Clara,” he plead to me helplessly, “She’s gone, and so is the other part of me.”

“Other part?”

“You know that demons that are hybrids can be split into two different parts? The shadow and the body?”

“Yes,” I remembered.

“It’s the same with the deceased. The demon part still stays and the soul either gets eaten by another demon or will cross over,” he explained.

“Eaten?” I was confused.

“Every being has its life source, humans, witches, fairies, and werewolves have plants and animals, vampires have blood, angles have the air, trolls have dirt and mud, and the merpeople have water… demon’s eat souls of the dead,” he explained gently, “That’s why only demons can see death, to know what beings to watch, so they can eat their souls when they die…”

I never knew that, “And… You and Clara were eaten?”

“Yes.”

“What do you need me to do?” I asked him.

“You don’t have to do it now, you can’t do it now either, he’s too close,” he told me.

“He who?”

“My brother,” he answered me; a tinge of hate entered his kind voice.

“How did you get in my doll, and why was my doll here?” I frowned.

“It’s not important.”

“Alright, but how am I supposed to free you?”

“Kill him.”

“But he’s yo-,” he cut me off.

“Cassiel, my brother and I do not have the relationship that you and your brother have. He took after our father and I my mother, we’re opposites,” he told me, “And I can help you with your brother.”

“What?” I was confused.

“I know where your brother is, Cassiel, and Shane’s father,” he answered.

“How?” I choked out.

“I can’t tell you that, but I can lead you to them,” his tone was kind again.

I felt overwhelmed, my brother was alive and Blaine knew where he was. My people would be safe, I could have my brother back, Shane would have his whole family back, and I wouldn’t have to worry about anything anymore – but dying.

“Thank you,” I whispered.

“No, thank you, Cassiel. You’re doing an amazing job with Jimmy. He couldn't be in better hands,” and with that, I slowly got my senses back, and I could see the pink filling tearing out of the ceiling, and three blurred figures hovering over me and I heard Shane say, “Shoot it.”

The gun.

“NO!” I knocked the gun out of Colton’s hands that was pointed towards Blaine, “DON’T HURT HIM!”

“Wh-,” Zach looked confused as I scrambled up, standing in front of Blaine’s dark figure.

“This is Blaine Locke.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You better love me for this... i gave up mt night's sleep for you guys writing this chapter. And I'm going to have to face the wrath of Emma later... I'm now going to sleep and it's 6:45 AM. Love you guys!
This chapter is dedicated to: Xx-fairywings-xX and Piranha Priya for their sweet comments!