Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Advisors

They all looked at me with shock written on their faces.

“What?” Shane asked, I could feel Blaine moving behind me.

“He needs my help, and we need his. Shane he knows where your father is and where Tristan is,” I smiled softly.

His eyes widened in disbelief, “He’s alive, my dad’s alive?”

“Yes,” I nodded.

“What does he want? Why is he here?” Zach hissed.

“Clara’s soul is missing,” I told him, “and so is the other part of his soul. They were eaten, by another demon.”

“But the only way free a soul from a demon is-,” I cut Zach off.

“To kill the demon, I know,” I sighed looking down towards my doll, knowing I was about to get yelled at.

“You are not going after some demon, to save this ‘Blaine’. He’s a demon for God’s sake, you can’t trust demons. And they’re illegal,” Zach ordered.

“I know that,” I snapped, and turned to Blaine, “Can you attach yourself to my shadow?”

He slunk down to the floor modeling into my shadow, no one would notice him, “And I’m not allowed to trust any immortal Zach, but I trust anyone who needs help. I wasn’t allowed to trust you, Shane, or even Vera, but you know what? I do. And I am going to find this demon, because I trust Blaine and he needs me. I will leave after my birthday, don’t try to stop me.”

I shushed him when he was about to argue, and I turned to Colton, “And you, never ever point a gun at someone unless you are absolutely sure that you or anyone else is in danger,” I warned him picking up my gun and put it back in my hostler, and clipped the belt loop of my skirt, I didn’t have to hide it.

“But you-,” I cut him off.

“Yes, I pulled out the gun, just in case; you were going to shoot it without any insight from me.”

“Why did you have a gun under your skirt, again?” Colton asked, staring at the gun.

“Audrey doesn’t trust you,” I smirked and walked out the building.

“Great,” he muttered, as they followed after me.

“Let’s go Aidan,” I sighed, untying him and started leading him back to camp.

***

Everything was like we left. I walked Aidan over to a tree and tied him there.

My feet were sore, my eyes were tired, and I just wanted to go to sleep. But Colton stopped me, “Cassiel?”

I sighed rubbing my eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them, “What is it Colton?”

“Can I talk to you?” his eyes trailed do to Blaine, “Alone?”

Blaine crawled out of my shadow, that was close to disappearing into the darkness, “I’ll be right back,” I told them following after Colton.

Were about ten feet away from camp, and we were hidden by some trees. I sat down leaning against the trunk of a fallen tree.

“What is it Colton?” I repeated.

“Why do you hate me?” he asked bluntly.

I was confused, “I don’t hate you.”

“Then why are you giving me such a hard time?”

“Because I’m trying to teach you how not to be a brat,” I rolled my eyes at him.

“But I’m not!”

“Yes you are Colton,” I told him, “You talk down to others, you are stereotypical, and you care about nothing but yourself.”

“That’s how my parents want me to be,” he frowned.

“And that is why the werewolf kingdom is falling,” I folded my arms across my chest, “But you can stop that.”

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, “I have no idea what we are doing wrong, we are doing what our advisors are telling us to do.”

So that was the problem, “That’s your problem. Your advisors don’t rule your people, they are hired to help you, not control you.”

“What?”

I walked over to him and sat down next to him, “There is a reason why I refuse to have advisors, unlike the rest of my family. All advisors want to do is to brainwash you, make you want to think that you are doing the right thing, but they drive your kingdom down to its grave. I know that you know what the right thing is Colton, don’t let someone else make you doubt yourself.”

“I want to set the other immortals free, but…” he trailed off.

“You’re afraid,” now I understand, “about people judging you, like they judge me.”

He looked away from my gaze, his neck was red. He was embarrassed.

I smiled softly, placing my hand on his knee in a weak attempt to comfort him,” There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. I know what ‘high class’ people think, and trust me; all of them are shallow bottom feeders who live off of their own scum. They are fake nobodies who crave to be a ‘somebody’, which obviously gets them nowhere,” I told him, “You don’t have to worry about them, so you don’t have to act like them.”

“How am I supposed to rule when my people hate me?”

“Your people won’t hate you if you believe in what’s right and stay devoted to it,” I started, “There are many ways of ruling; fear is my parents’ way. I believe in love and understanding, what’s your way?”

“I… don’t know,” he sighed.

“Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out,” I stood up, brushing off the dirt from my skirt.

He turned back to me, smiling, “Thank you Cassiel.”

“Not a problem,” I helped him up, “Now I’m tired, I’m going to go to sleep.”

***

(Audrey’s P.O.V.)

I looked through the books in the library, but found nothing on the Death Eyes, and most of the books had pages ripped out of them. I sighed and slammed the cover closed.

I had to know why Cassiel had that picture in her fireplace.

I left the library, too frustrated to stay in there. I passed by Cassiel’s room to see Carly and Jimmy on the bed working on some paper.

“What are you two doing up?” I smiled, sitting on the edge of her bed.

“We’re dwawing,” Carly smiled back at me.

“Can I see?” I asked her.

She nodded handing me her stack of papers.

All of them were had Shane and Cassiel in them, sometimes with Carly or Jimmy or both of them. Their hands were always interlocked, smiling.

“Carly? Why do have Shane and Cassie holding hands?” I asked her.

“Because dey wove each oder,” she smiled.

“They love each other?” I repeated, shocked.

“Uh-huh,” she nodded, her finger trailing across their enclosed hands.

I frowned, not wanting to upset her, I let her believe her fantasy that wouldn’t happen, “What are you drawing Jimmy?”

“Cassie,” he murmured softly.

“Can I see?” leaning over to see the picture her was working on, and felt myself turn cold.

It was of Cassiel, but there was black surrounding her eyes. The Death Eyes.

Holy shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!! You know I have to make it difficult for you and it had to happen! And now you see that Colton isn't a jerk, he's just scared... can you saw awwww! This is why I'm so defensive over Colton, and now you know!
This chapter goes to: liz510 and writingismylife321 for their comments!
Love you!