Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Okay

“What did you say?” I said almost inaudibly, staring at Athen who just stared back with pure hatred.

“Don’t you dare speak to me, you worthless mortal,” he hissed, baring his teeth at me.

“You went to Derik?” Elizabeth looked at him incredulously.

“Yes,” he spoke emotionlessly as he turned towards her. “I told him what it did, and in return he granted us our freedom.”

“You could have died, Athen,” Elizabeth snapped, but I could hardly hear her, it felt like someone was dripping hot wax into my ears. “Derik word is not liable when it comes to our family; you of all people should know that. Cassiel has done nothing to you, she risked her life to save you and put our family back together- if it weren’t for her you wouldn’t be standing here right now. And not only have you put her life in jeopardy, you put ours and our children’s’ lives at risk.”

“I saved us,” he replied back harshly. “You’ve fallen for her tricks, just like everyone else did.”

“No,” she shook her head, red staining her eyes. “I am not the one that has been deceived, If you would just open your eyes and see what’s really in front of you. Even Shane sees it, why can’t you?”

“She’s a succubus,” he said accusingly jabbing his finger towards me, and that brought me back into reality.

“You’re accusing me of being a succubus?” I asked, my eyes tightening in confusion and frustration. “What have I done to you to make you think I am a demon?”

“You lure men to their death,” he explained malice was evident in his tone. “Prince Michael? And the dog? I won’t let that happen to my son.”

My reply was weakened with the thick desperation that caressed each of the words, wanting them to be true, “It wasn’t my fault.”

“I’m sure it wasn’t,” he spat out with sarcasm. “And I’m sure you weren’t ‘raped’ either.”

I felt something inside me break free and as if I had no control over my body or its actions, my hand struck the side of his face with as much fore as I could muster. I glared at him, brushing the slight pain from my hand off, “How dare you, you bastard. I reunited your family, I took you in and gave you blood that belonged to my family. I just saw the bodies of my murdered family and fiancée and you went to the council and accused me of slaughtering them, and you want to throw what happened to me when I was twelve in my face when I have to bur my family and I only have mere hours left with my son before they come here? No, you don’t get to do that.”

His head was still turned slightly to the side when I finished, but I quickly turned away from them and strode out the door, making sure I kept my head held high even though I was breaking down inside.

I didn’t know what I was going to do, but I was going to do everything in my power to keep everyone, especially Jimmy, out of the line of fire of the council. He was the one, besides me, that would be the next to face the wrath of the council if Derik found out who he was, and I had no way of knowing what the hell Athen told him.

“Vera,” before the word even left my lips she was there, staring at me with concern.

“Are you alright?” she asked, her eyes frantic searching for anything that was out of place.

I chose not to answer that, no need to worry her, “I need you to do something for me.”

She stared at me expectantly, but her posture was nervous.

“I need the funeral to happen sooner than I thought,” I started. “And then I need you to take Jimmy and go to the old bunker in the forest and stay there until Zach comes.”

“What happened?” she frowned.

I gave her a weak reassuring smile, “All will be explained in time, would you go wake up Audrey for me? Tell her to meet me in my bathroom in an hour.”

She nodded, her face somber, “I’ll tell Zach to get the carriage ready.”

I let out a shaky breath; she touched my arm gently and then left without another word spoken.

I stood there for a minute, letting reality have me for just those few moments before I could face the little boy that was still resting on the couch. I felt my throat tighten and my eyes stung as a cruel, evil thought rooted itself in my brain.

This would be the last time I see him…

I heard the door open and Tristan slipped out, his fists clenched and eyes burned red with frustration. He didn’t notice me until he turned as he heard my breath hitch as a sob raked through her body. His eyes slowly cooled down to a violet with a receding scarlet-fog clouding over the irises. He just stared at me for a second, and I quickly wiped my eyes clear of any stray tears, not wanting him to see me cry. I stared at the floor, smoothing out my ruined nightdress, and then I felt his hands curve across my shoulders. I had no choice but to look

“I’m going to fix this, Cassiel,” he promised with so much sincerity that I almost told him about what was happening around him and nobody but Athen, Elizabeth, and I cloud know about it.

So I just nodded my head silently, only opening my mouth to tell him that I was leaving in ten minutes to the beach. I didn’t speak anything more of it as I brushed past him and quickly enter the room.

Shane was staring out the cracked window, his face shown confusion and revolution. Our gazes met in the reflection in the glass, and he abruptly turned towards me.

“Are you alright?” he asked me, cupping my face with his right hand, brushing away a few of the tears that fell.

I could only nod before I managed to have coherent words escape my mouth, “Can I have a few minutes alone with Jimmy?”

“Of course,” his hand fell form my face and he walked over to Carly, picking her up gently so she wouldn’t be roused for her peaceful slumber.

Then he turned to me, “If you need anything…” he trailed off.

“Thank you, Shane,” I gave him the best smile I could muster up and turned towards the sweet innocent boy who was still resting on the couch.

I kneeled down, and carefully wrapped my arms around his small frame and lifted him up before setting him on my leg, “Sweetie?”

His eyes opened in a drowsy haze, staring up at me in confusion, “Cassie?”

“Sorry, Honey,” my voice cracked as I ran my fingers through his slightly bed-headed hair.

“What’s wrong, Cassie?” he reached his small hand and touched my tearstained cheek.

I smiled, “Nothing’s wrong, but you’re going to have to be good boy for Vera.”

“You’re leaving?” he frowned at me.

I chewed on my lip, holding back the sob that threatened to rack through my throat, “I’ll be back soon.”

His bottom lip jutted out, and his blue eyes narrowed at me, like he always did when he was mad. But when he looked at me, he face softened, like somehow he could understand what I was upset about. He didn’t protest, he just leaned his head against my shoulder and let me hold him.

And then an evil thought plagued my mind.

This would be the last time that I could hold him, the last time that I could tell him how much I loved him, the last time that he would truly be safe unless I planned everything exactly right.

“Jimmy,” I wiped my eyes, trying to regain what composer I could. “I need you to know something, alright honey?”

He pulled his head out of the crook in my neck and looked up at me with his trusting blue eyes – Clara’s eyes.

“I love you so much, no matter what – I will always love you,” I brushed a few strands of his hair back in place before I let him go, kissing his head as ice built up in my throat.

There as a slight rapping at the wooden door and Vera walked inside, her shoulders slumped in exhaustion and dark circles were layered heavily under her brown eyes, “The carriage is ready.”

I nodded, and wrapping my arms around my child. Letting every memory I had with him sink into my mind, the first night I had with him, his first steps, the fist first time he called me his mom….

“Momma, you’re hurting me,” he said in a small voice.

I broke away from him, and the second my skin left his, I closed myself off. The air surrounding me seemed cold, the walls darkened around us, and it felt like someone had poured melted wax in my ears, blocking almost all of the sound.

Vera bent down and gently picked Jimmy up as I stood up, saying, “Take care of him.”

She nodded; I rushed out of the room before I changed my mind.

I ran down the stairs and out the French doors where Tristan was waiting. He didn’t say anything; he just climbed on top of the carriage and handed Aiden’s reins to me. I pulled myself onto Aiden’s saddle, winding the reins around my hands a couple of times before snapping them, and we took off.

I went around the village, trying to keep some secrecy of what was happening. The trip was short only taking a few minutes before we reached the sandy shore of the beach. The smell of the salty sea air was somewhat soothing as the breeze cut through my tangled hair.

On the beach were twenty-three figures laying in the sand; I guessed that the other four were inside the carriage. I hopped off Aiden, and tied him to the tree branch before I stroked his mane a few times. I saw Tristan step off the seat landing on the balls of his feet with a soft thud and stepped towards me.

“Ready?” he asked, his voice dead.

I kept my mouth shut tight; the only answer to his question was me walking towards the water. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a pale face with a mop full of hair bobbing on top of waves like a stranded buoy.

“Hey, Cass,” the boy smiled at me, but dropped it as his coal black eyes trailed along the long row of dead corpses.

Tristan wasted no time in getting the bodies into the water, and Zane struggled to keep up, but nevertheless it was like clockwork with them. I stood by, not sure what I could do as I watched the faces of the people that worked for my family disappear into the dark abyss. In a matter of minutes there were only two bodies left, and I knew exactly who they were.

Isabel and Victor Nevatrix lied there in a motionless state, but unlike the others, they didn’t seem at peace with death. A small part of me, like an evil seed that had been planted in my mind that was slowly starting to take over, wished that they had actually suffered longer than they did.

Tristan stood over their bodies, looking at me with questioning eyes. I only shook my head, glaring at the corpses of what used to be my future in-laws with murderous thought brewing in my head.

They were sinking into the Atlantic within seconds.

“I’m going to get them,” my brother announced in a monotone voice.

When he disappeared into the forest, Zane locked eyes with me.

“What’s wrong, Cass?” the sixteen year old demanded.

“My family and my fiancée are dead, my kingdom is going to hell, my rapist is out there terrorizing me, and I’m about to die. Isn’t that enough?” I blinked, sitting on the cold sand, sending a shock through my skin all the way to my bones, but I didn’t care.

He shook his head, eyes filled with nothing but concern, “I know you, Cassie. You can’t pull the bullshit on me, it’s more than that. Tell me.”

I only stared at him with a dead gaze.

“So help me God, Cassiel, I will scream if you don’t tell me what the hell is going on,” he threatened, his several rows of pointed teeth gleamed in the moonlight.

I scoffed humorlessly, “Go ahead, the Council already knows.”

That stopped him in his tracks, “What?”

“They’ll be here in a couple of hours, so when this is over, I suggest you swim as far away from here as you can,” I stared at him intensely.

“How?” his speech was contorted into a mesh of raspy coughs.

“Athen,” was the only name that came out of my mouth.

“Why the hell are you not running? Get out of here Cassiel,” his eyebrows knitted together in frustration and worry.

“And leave all of you behind to face them? I won’t do that,” I shook my head at him as another wave crashed over his head, and that gave me an idea. “I need a favor from you.”

He waited, his tail flicking irritably across the rough waves.

“When I die, I want you to bury me with them,” I stared across the never ending ocean; the moon was resting peacefully on the horizon. A small sadistic smile was engraved on my face, “What’s left of me anyways.”

“Cassie…” he trailed off staring at me with wide eyes.

“It’s going to be okay, Zane. Everything will be okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So in summary: Cassiel should be put in a nuthouse. I love making my main characters crazy, it's so much fun! Next chapter is going to be amazing!

Okay guys I have a favor to ask of y'all, my friend who is new to the whole writing on the interweb has a story. Bad thing is, well she's new and just started posting chapters, and we all know what that's like. So please, please, please go read her amazing story: http://www.wattpad.com/3630742-reliving-a-lost-past/intro It really is an amazing read, so go and do what y'all do :)

And if she gets at least five more fans (not including me), I will update ASAP.

You're welcome Allie xD

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

PS: WARNING I have officially decided to kill off ONE of my main characters in ONE of my stories. This includes my three active stories: Once Love, Now Destruction; Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms; Sorrow's Story. But Stranded I have not decided yet. But in one of those three stories, one main character will die. And this is not just a big role; it will be an actually main role so it will be either Cassiel, Shane, Sorrow, Nathan, Michelle or Alistair. I will post this warning on each of my latest story updates.

You may begin placing your guesses in: Now.

PSS: I have a few suprises for you guys on Polyvore: http://moonlight365.polyvore.com/