Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Prince Colton Nevatrix

I heard pounding on the wooden door and Lucy barking. I wiped my face from any stray tears and opened the door. I felt strong arms wrap around me, and I breathed in Zach’s scent.

“I’m fine, I just needed a minute,” I reassured him.

“Shane had no right to say that,” Zach whispered in my ear.

“He was right though. If had never been born then my father wouldn’t have gotten the idea of the werewolves helping the mortals,” I sighed sadly.

“If you had never been born, then-,” he was cut off by Audrey bursting through the room.

“We need to go!” she exclaimed.

“What?” I asked confused.

She grabbed my hand and said, “Change of plans for the werewolves. Prince Colton is coming tonight! And I need to get you ready!”

“Tonight?” I whispered.

This cannot be happening. All I wanted to do tonight was hang out with Jimmy, and relax, but no everything just had to be difficult.

Audrey dragged me to my room and ran into my closet. And went through the formal dress rack, and found a gold dress. It puffed out at the waist and had beading sown into the fabric. It was strapless.

She pushed me into the vanity chair, and started combing through my hair. She started curling my hair, and spraying hairspray everywhere.

I wrinkled my nose at the smell and she started putting makeup on my face. I closed my eyes reluctantly as she started dusting eye shadow on my lids. I let out a stressed sigh as she worked on my face.

Why me? Why was it always me? Why did fate have to go against me? Question filled my head before the fear set in.

What if Colton didn’t like me, what if he hated me? I could understand why he would hate me; he was being forced to marry me. But could I spend the rest of my life with someone that hated me?

“All done,” Audrey sounded just as stressed as I was.

I looked into the mirror and saw that I was wearing gold eye shadow, and my hair was perfectly curled. My cheeks were tinted a delicate pink, and my lips were glossed.

She told me to go put the dress on, so I did.

“When are they coming?” I asked as she zipped up the zipper.

“In a few minutes,” Audrey answered.

“Who’s going to be there?”

“You and the Prince of course, your parents, his parents, and Hillary,” she listed.

I nodded as we made our way downstairs. We headed down to the formal dining room, and she left to help Vera in the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. My father sat at the head of the table with my mother at his right hand, and Hillary sat at his left. I went over to the table and sat next to my mother.

“Are you excited?” my mother asked.

“What would I be excited about?”

“You are going to meet your future husband,” she answered my question.

“I’m more nervous than excited,” I told her.

“There is no reason to be nervous. Prince Colton is a complete gentleman, and he will love you,” she reassured.

I just looked down at my folded hands in my lap.

“Presenting King Victor Nevatrix and Queen Isabelle Nevatrix, and their son Prince Colton Nevatrix,” the guard at the door declared opening the large wooden door.

There was a man that looked too young to be a dad or King for that matter, but that was an immortal thing. He had dark brown hair and dark soulful eyes. He was really tall around 6’2 or 6’3 and he had lightly tanned skin. He was wearing a suit and a green tie.

The woman looked to be in her twenties, and had blonde hair. She had icy blue eyes, and was slightly more tanned than her husband. She was wearing a green dress that flowed down to the floor.

The third person that entered the room was about my age maybe a few years older. He looked a lot like his dad. He had dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, and was tall. But he was tan like his mom and had her face structure. He was wearing a suit, but he didn’t have a tie.

My family and I stood. My father bowed while my mother, Hillary, and I curtsied, and the Nevatrix family did the same.

“Welcome,” Dad said warmly shaking the king’s hand.

“It’s nice to see you again Richard,” King Victor greeted.

“It’s been too long,” my mother agreed.

“You’re little girls aren’t so little anymore,” Victor commented looking at Hillary and I.

“Yes, they grow up fast don’t they?” Mom laughed.

“You must be Cassiel, it’s a pleasure to see you again,” Queen Isabelle said shaking my hand.

“Again?” I asked.

“The last time we saw you, you were just a few months old,” Victor smiled at me, and I returned it with a smile of my own.

“Colton I would like you to meet my daughters, Cassiel and Hillary,” My father put a hand on Colton’s shoulder.

Hillary and I curtsied and he bowed.

“Enough of the formalities, let’s eat, shall we?” Victor asked.

My family returned to their seats and Victor and Isabelle sat next to Hillary, and Colton sat next to me.

Vera came out with a big smile on her face and served us salad and soup. When she served me, she whispered in my ear, “Talk to him,” and motioned towards Colton.

“Fine,” I whispered back.

“So,” I turned towards Colton, “do you have any hobbies?” I just realized how lame that sounded.

“I do. I love hiking and archery,” he answered.

“That’s so…masculine,” Hillary flirted, fluttering her eyelashes.

But Colton didn’t look at her, and Hillary huffed.

“What about you?” he asked.

“I love horseback riding, going to the beach collecting seashells-,” Hillary cut me off midsentence.

“And saving immortals, and is a disgrace to her people,” Hillary shot menacingly.

I looked down at my folded hands in my lap.

“Hillary, apologize to your sister,” Dad ordered.

“No, it’s the truth. One day you are going to realize that you made a huge mistake choosing that thing!” she warned.

“May I be excused?” I asked my mother quietly.

She nodded her head, and glared at Hillary.

I ran out of the room with eyes boring into by back.

I ran out the door and put on my stupid cloak I threw my shoes in the corner of my room. I ran towards the open gate, and sprinted towards the beach.

The sun was setting, but I didn’t care.

I sat down on the sand, not worrying about ruining my dress. I shifted the sand through my figures trying to calm myself.

But then I heard a noise behind me, and I turned around and saw a huge wolf. A werewolf.

Damn.

I sucked in a lungful of air, and started backing away fearfully. But as I took a step back, it let out a whine.

The wolf was midnight black, and had glowing golden eyes. It started trotting towards me, and sat beside me.

I was confused. Werewolves were known to attack everything in their way. I cautiously rested my hand on its head and scratched it behind its ear. It made a sound, it was a soft like a cats purr, but had a rougher edge to it.

I looked around and found a stick.

Did werewolves play catch? I asked myself.

I picked up the stick and threw it out as far as I could. I heard the air whoosh past me and the wolf was gone, but he came back a second later with the stick in its mouth and tail wagging.

I laughed, and threw the stick again, and I saw a blur of black chase after it. The wolf came back, and set the stick on the ground, and lay down at my feet.

“The stars lucky,” I told him.

He looked up at me confused.

“They get to be free, I don’t.”

He still looked confused.

“My parents treat me like a doll puppet thing, and they have been yanking my strings all my life. I don’t get a say in anything I do, I always have to have their permission. All I want is a say in my life. All I want to be is anything but a freak. But I am, and my sister proved it tonight, in front of my fiancée. I just meet him tonight, and he probably hates me, and now he knows that I’m a freak.”

The wolf shook its head and ran towards the shadows.

I sighed, and looked up at the stars, envying their beauty and freedom when I heard, “I don’t think you’re a freak.”

I looked up and saw Prince Colton. His hair was windblown and his eyes soft and caring.

“Was that you?” I asked him.

“The wolf? Yes that was me.”

“What are doing here?” I questioned.

“You’re parents were worried about you. So I volunteered to find you,” he explained.

“Thank you.”

“For what?” he looked confused.

“For not hating me.”

“Why would I hate you?”

“You’re being forced to marry me,” I pointed out.

“True, but I don’t think it’s so bad anymore,” he smiled as I blushed.

“Why does your sister hate you?” he asked after a moment of silence.

“Because I respect all immortals, and I do whatever I can to help them. She just hates me for being me.”

He nodded.

“She’s probably planning my death right now,” I joked.

But little did I know that that joke was more than true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like! There is probably going to be lots of drama in chapter 8!