Love Comes In Many Dangerous Forms

Tragedy

We talked for a little while, just asking random questions, but then it got dark and we had to go back to the castle. Colton and his parents were staying at the castle. He lived days away from the castle, so they were going to stay for a couple of weeks.

The iron gates were opened as we walked up to the castle. We walked inside and were greeted by our parents.

“Are you okay?” my mother asked.

I nodded my head to reassure her.

“Thank you for finding her,” my father said gratefully.

“My pleasure,” Colton answered.

“I’m going to bed,” I told them feeling my eyes droop.

“See you in the morning,” my mother told me.

I smiled one last smile and went up to my room. But I ran into Shane who was walking aimlessly around the corridors. He was wearing new clothes, and looked like he had been fed blood. He saw me and stared walking in the other direction.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Trying to find a place to sleep, but all of the doors are locked,” he answered not looking me in the eye.

I remembered that the guestrooms are being repainted, and only two were available, but those were taken by the Nevatrix family.

“Come on,” I told him.

We went to my room and I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and set it on the couch.

“The couch is just as comfortable as the bed,” I told him.

I saw Vera walk in with Jimmy and Carly by her side.

“We are going to have some serious girl talk tomorrow,” she said.

I laughed and nodded as she left the room shutting the door quietly behind her.

I got went to my bookcase and got out one of the books I read to Jimmy to help him sleep.

I went over to the bed and Jimmy and Carly sat down next to me. I looked over towards Shane.

“Would you like to join us?” I asked him.

He shrugged and walked over to the bed, but did not sit, he just stood there.

I sighed and began reading, and once I was done they were fast asleep.

I went over to my closet and changed into a white nightgown that flowed down to the floor, and had long sleeves.

I walked into my bathroom and washed the makeup off my face and tied my hair in a ponytail.

I entered my room, and gently tucked in Jimmy and Carly and turned the lights out. I walked over to the other side of the room, and lied down on my carpet. I used my arm as a pillow and curled up in a ball, trying to keep warm. Lucy lied down next to me as I fell asleep a few minutes later.

But I woke up in the middle of the night, because I felt something soft and warm be pulled over me, it sort of felt like a blanket. I opened my eyes and saw Jimmy start to lie down next to me on the ground.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around his small body.

“Love you Jimmy,” I whispered.

“Love you, too, Cassie,” he said in the same quite voice, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

And I drifted off to sleep.

***

(Shane’s P.O.V.)

I woke up in the morning to see Cassiel on the floor with Jimmy and her dog, sleeping. That made me confused, why would she want to lie on the floor?

Great now that guilt feelings back, I hated it, I hated her. I hated her for her kindness, I hated her because she was different that the others, I hated her for being her.

Why did she have to be different?

I got off the couch; it was comfortable, like she said.

I got off the couch and walked over to Carly. I gently pulled the covers back over her, and went to go find Vera.

But I saw a human girl with blonde hair, and hazel eyes. She looked a lot like Cassiel, she even wore a tiara.

She put on a fake smile and approached me.

“Hello, I’m Hillary, Cassiel’s sister,” she told me.

I didn’t say anything back.

“You must be Shane, the new slave right?” she asked.

I nodded my head.

“I have to talk to you in private, it’s really important,” she whispered in my ear.

She started walking away and signaled for me to follow. I did and we entered the library, she sat down on the couch, but I stood, not trusting her.

“Cassiel is planning something that will destroy the immortal races,” she told me looking me in the eye.

“What?” I was confused. Zach told me what she has done, and I saw nothing but kindness when I looked at Cassiel.

“She is getting close to you so that she can kill you more easily. It’s all part of her plan. When she becomes queen, she is going to kill and torture all of the immortals. She is playing this ‘I’m innocent’ act on our parents and they bought it, so I decided that I had to take matters into my own hands, before she destroys the immortals.”

“I don’t believe you,” I told her; she didn’t have proof that Cassiel wanted to kill us.

“I was afraid you’d say that,” she sighed and handed me a letter, “I found this on Cassiel’s desk, she was going to give it to Prince Colton.

I opened the letter and read it.

It said, Dear Colty,
I plan on killing every immortal when I become queen, starting with the newest slaves, there so annoying and ungrateful. The little girl is getting on my last nerve; I may kill her even before I’m queen. I love you, and I’ll see you soon.
Love,
Your Cassie.


She wanted to kill Carly; I felt my venom leak into my mouth. I wanted to kill her, kill her and all of those fucking mortals.

“But you don’t have to worry, but I need your help to take her down. And there is only one way to stop her. And if you help me, I’ll let you and your sister free,” she reassured me, placing her hand on my shoulder.

“How do we take her down?” I asked with pure hatred dipping off my tongue.

She leaned in closer and whispered in my ear, “We have to kill Cassiel Brooklyn, before she kills any innocent immortals.”

I nodded, I’ve killed before, so I knew what to expect. Easy.

“I already have a perfect plan. You go in the woods and hide, while I tell her you ran away. She will be forced to go into the woods to try and find you. And when she is away from the others, you bite her, and drain her dry. Then you come back looking confused, and ask where Cassiel is. It is fool proof,” she planned.

“When should we put it in action?” I asked ready to kill.

“We can do it now; I’ll go get the traitor, you go out in the forest and wait.”

I nodded, and zoomed out of Cassiel’s bedroom, and out of the castle. I snuck past the guards, and waited for my prey in the forest.

***

(Cassiel’s P.OV.)

I woke up and saw that Jimmy was still next to me. I gently picked him up, trying not to wake him up, and laid him down next to Carly on my bed.

I went into my closet and got out a white dress that had long sleeves and it was floor length. I think it was going to be cold out.

I went into my bathroom and took a shower and dried off. I slipped into the white dress, and tied my hair on a ponytail.

I heard someone knock on my door repeatedly. I opened it, and was surprised to see Hillary.

“What is it Hill?” I asked cautiously.

“It’s Shane. He just ran away, I was out in the garden, and I saw him sneak past the guards and ran into the forest."

“Oh no,” I whispered. There were werewolves patrolling the forest, if they found him…. I shuddered not able to finish that terrible thought.

I ran over to my closet and got my cloak, and yelled Zach’s name.

“Yes Cassie?” he asked.

“Can you take care of the kids? I need to go out,” I told him slipping on my white sandals.

“Sure,” he said sitting on the bed.

“Bye Zach, I’ll see you later.”

“Be careful,” he told me with concern in his eyes.

“Always am,” I called back, and ran down the staircase and out the door to the stables. I saw flurries float down to the ground, sticking to everything the touched.

I jumped on Aidan and we took off into the woods.

I kept on calling out Shane’s name, and when I heard leaves rustling in the bushes, and Aidan reared and I fell off hitting the ground with a thud.

I winced as I tried to get back up to try and calm Aidan down. But he was racing away without me.

“Aidan?!” I called worried. There were wild animals out in the forest; I didn’t want him to get hurt.

As I took a step, I felt like a train rammed into me, and I went airborne, only to be slammed into a tree.

I felt the rough bark of the tree scrape my exposed skin and I felt pain shoot through my body.

I looked around confused as it started to snow harder, and I saw that there was already a thick layer of snow on the ground. I started shivering and my teeth were chattering.

“S-Shane?” I asked squinting my eyes, and saw a figure in the corner of my eye.

I turned around and saw Shane standing next to me, giving me a death glare, and his fangs exposed.

“S-S-Shane?” I stuttered confused.

“Goodbye Cassiel,” he said venom dripping into his voice.

He ripped my cloak off, and leaned in towards my neck, and his teeth dug into my flesh.

I screamed in agony as his teeth sunk deeper and deeper into my neck. He slammed his hand down on my mouth painfully, but it was soon forgotten when I felt a familiar pain. It was the worse pain anyone could encounter, vampire venom.

Vampire venom was very powerful; it could knock down the strongest man in the world down on his knee crying out in pure agony. It felt like fire and ice were shooting into your veins while you were being turned inside out. But the worst part is that you couldn’t pass out from the pain, it forced you to be conscious through the torture. But it would wear off, and you would be able to pass out from the pain and blood loss, but only then.

Shane was gulping down my blood, and I started to feel lightheaded, but I couldn’t pass out.

I felt Shane retract his teeth from my neck and he threw me on the snow covered ground, and he retreated taking my cloak with him.

I felt tears stream down my face as I tried to get up, but I was too week. The venom was fading, but I was still in pain.

I saw the blood from my neck flow off my body and dripped onto the snow turning it a dark red color.

I felt the wind pick up and the heavy snowfall soon turned into a blizzard. I felt the snow melt from my body heat, but then it started sticking to my skin. My face became chapped, and I curled up in a ball on the ground trying to keep warm. My body was shaking violently, and I would bite my tongue with my teeth chattering.

I felt the snow start to burn my chapped skin and I regretted not wearing darker clothes. I blended in with the snow.

I was going to die.

***

(Shane’s P.O.V)

I walked back with a triumphant smile on my face, but I could help but feel a small twinge of regret and hatred of myself for leaving Cassiel there to die alone. But I brushed those feelings off.

I left her cloak far away from her body, so that when they found it they would be way of course. I noticed that there was going to be a blizzard, and a bad one, I felt my eyebrows scrunch together. Why was I feeling this way, I’ve killed my masters before, why was I having feelings of regret for killing this one.

I walked through the gates putting on a fake confused look. I saw Zach pacing back and forth with his hand balled up in fists, and he would occasionally look out towards the forest with a worried look on his face.

“Where’s Cassiel?” I asked him, sarcastically.

“I don’t know,” he muttered helplessly, “She’s been gone for four hours, for who know what.”

I could tell he was worried sick.

“I hope she stays gone,” I said with hatred leaking into my tone.

“Why do hate her so much? She’s done nothing to you!” He shouted.

“Well she was going to do something to all of us,” I told him giving him the letter Hillary gave to me.

He read it, and gave it back to me, “That’s not Cassiel’s handwriting, that’s Hillary’s.”

What? I felt my almost dead heart give out a painful cry.

“What did you do?” he hissed.

“Nothing,” I told him quickly, and passed him going into the castle.

I felt his hand around my throat and he slammed me into the stone wall.

“Why do I smell her on you?” he asked threateningly.

“I slept on her couch last night,” I made up the excuse quickly.

I saw his eyes turn blood red, and his grip tightened.

“Then why do I smell her blood on your breath?” his voice was like ice.

“I don’t need to answer to you,” I pushed him away from me; “I need to talk to Hillary.”

“Why would you need to-,” he stopped in mid-sentence, “You didn’t!”

I saw him lunge at me, but a blur made him stop.

“Zach? Zach?! Calm down!” a vampire girl had long brown hair and bright green eyes shouted at him.

“Let go of me Audrey,” he was seething with rage.

“It’s okay Zach. It’s okay, just calm down.”

“No it not ‘okay’! He probably killed Cassiel! Now is that okay?!”

“What?” I could see hurt fill her eyes as she looked at me.

“I didn’t kill her,” I told them, “I left some blood.”

“Where is she?” Zach hissed.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, trying not seem like I cared.

“We need to find her, before it’s too late,” Audrey muttered the last part quietly.

“I’ll tell Prince Colton. Maybe he can help us,” Zach ran past me, but not before shooting me a death glare.

“What can I do?” I asked.

“I think you’ve done enough,” Audrey said quietly, running after Zach leaving me standing there, helpless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!