Status: Completed. Feedback is still good, though.

I'm Addicted To You

I'm Addicted To You

Today is the day that Frankie planned a baby shower for me. She called me last night before I went to bed and decided that today was the day it was going to happen because I could have the baby any day now.

So, I get up this morning and do my normal routine and then I go and make some breakfast for myself. Apparently, Frankie said that the guys can't be here, so they are going out for breakfast and having a guys day.

David comes down a little while later, showered and ready to go for the day. He gets a cup of coffee and comes and sits next to me at the table.

"Are you excited for this shower thing?" David asks, smiling, kind of making a joke about it because I really don't want to have this party.

"Not really. You never know what's going to happen when Frankie is the one in charge of the party, but the good thing about this is that we get free gifts for the baby." I laughed.

"I don't know why they have to buy us anything. I can buy anything our little girl wants and needs. That's what the dad is suppose to do." David replied, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I think that's the point of having a baby shower. They are suppose to buy the pregnant lady gifts so she doesn't have to buy them."

"That's what I'm here for, to help with buying the girfts and carrying them because you can't lift heavy things."

David drinks the last of his coffee and goes upstairs to brush his teeth. I finished my breakfast and took my plate and his cup to the sink and started to rince them off and put them in the dishwasher.

I walked into the family roon and put the TV on. I flipped through the channels until I found something that was interesting to watch. I guess I was so into the show that I didn't hear David coming down the stairs.

"I'm leaving now. I think I'm meeting the other guys at Pierre's house and then we are going bowling." David said putting on his coat and shoes.

He comes over to me and kisses me gently. Then he bends over and kisses my stomache.

The baby kicks, knowing that he is her daddy. David smiled at me and kissed me again.

"I love you. Call me when that party is over, and I'll come home with dinner for us. Okay?" David asked.

"We love you too and that's fine." I replied.

David kissed me for the last time and left to go to Pierre's house.

After watching TV, I got up and started cleaning a little bit of the house. I just needed something to do to pass the time.

It was finally time for everyone to come over. The doorbell rang, and Frankie and all my other friends came in. Everyone got some food, and we all just started talking about the baby and names for her. I just realized that David and I haven't talked about names for her.

As the day went on, all the girls were asking me if I was ready for the baby and without a doubt in my mind, I was ready. I knew that all the guys and especially David, Pierre, and Frankie will support me and help me with her. Some of the girls were even talking about if they were going to have a baby of their own.

About an hour before the girls had to leave, they all gave me the presents. I got mostly baby clothes because they thought that David and I should pick out the crib and stroller, that kind of stuff.

All the girls left, and I called David. He asked what we should have for dinner, and I really wanted pizza, so that's what we had.

While we were eating, we discussed what we still needed to buy for the nursery and what color we were going to paint the room. We decided that we were going to go tomorrow and pick out the stuff.

We cleaned up the dinner, put the leftovers away and went to bed.

The Next Morning

We both got up and got ready to go to the baby store to pick out a crib and a stroller. We arrived at the store and walked in and went straight to the baby section. We picked out both of them and bought them.

We got home, and David called Pierre over to help put the crib together. I thought it was a funny sight seeing two musicians putting together a crib.

Everything was ready for her to come...all we needed was a name.

***The stroller is blue, light gray, and dark gray. It also came with a matching car seat that you attach to the stroller.

***The crib is light wood with a skirt under the mattress.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short.

This is going to be the last update until later next week. Bamboozle is tomorrow, and I won't have time to update.

I still need a name for the baby, so if you would, could you please give me some ideas? I'd totally appriciate it.

Thanks and I hope you like it.